what is the point of CPU termination voltage?

Ziggy!talon

Limp Gawd
i've always left it alone at it's default 1.25V

does this have anything to do with overclocking, or should it be left alone....

I would like a clear answer on this too. Even though I changed the #'s and stabalized my overclock, I have no idea what exactly its doing.

lane 1 10mv
lane 2 10mv
lame3 90mv
lame4 10mv

If I try to set all 4 lanes to 85, it wont even boot. If I set them to all 0's, it will boot into windows but, it will eventually freeze up, and ill have to hard power off and back on again.

yeah, i had never messed around with it before either until today.... a few weeks ago when i added a 3rd drive to my onboard RAID:0 array i lost stability of my 3.6 @ 1.42 volts, had to go all the way down to [email protected], the default voltage, it just like created a wall, no matter how many volts i gave it it wouldnt be "stable" stable at anywhere above 3500MHz, i had great temps though, in the high teens idle mid 30's after hours and hours of 100 percent load (pelteir cooled)

so just out of curiosity i bumped the cpu termination voltage from it's default 1.3V to 1.35V and right now im testing at 3625MHz 1.344 (CPU-Z) volts vdrooped and so far rock steady...craziness....

termvoltage.jpg

So antec says to use 1.1v-1.3v. On Nvidia boards, its listed as "00mv" How many mv's does it take to = 1.1v? 110mv? And shoudl thsi be put across all 4 lanes, or just certain ones?

The unit mV is millivolts, and the SI prefix "milli" means that there are a thousand millivolts in a volt. Thus, 1100mV = 1.1V.

Ive seen where they say in intel chipset boards that 1.1v+ is fine, but I havent seen any reviews that reference this on nvidia chipsets, or the proper #'s. I dont even think you can go to 1000mv on nvidia based boards.... is my

OK, or am I risking killing my CPU like andetech did?

my ASUS P5ND2-SLI defaults at 1.3V it can raised to 1.35, 1.4, 1.45...

im at 1.35 right now, rock steady at 3666MHz, which runs my memory perfectly at it's rated speed of 533MHz 4-4-4 1T, before messing with this i couldnt get it to go past 3500MHz no matter what i did, voltage, unplugging unneeded components ,etc... it's like this was the magic key to my overclock..temps are still good too... right now with just this browser window open and CPU-Z running, and SPEEDFAN and Everest to monitor voltages/temps im sitting at:

VCORE: speedfan: 1.392
EVEREST: bouncing back and forth between 1.39 and 1.41

TEMPS: speedfan CPU:19C, PSU:40C, NORTHBRIDGE:40C, Ambient 40C
EVEREST: same thing on every temp

Back