what is the operating system that u prefer the most

In my experience Windows, OSX and linux have all their strenghts so I use them all for purposes they serve the best for.

I like Linux Mint Xfce and Windows 7. For office applications, I use Libre Office (or MS Office 2007 sometimes, but only if I really need it).

Linux Mint Xfce is kind of "simple Linux for everyone". It works really well and looks great. And if you
prefer some other desktop instead of Xfce, just use another edition of Linux Mint.

I'm interested why do some people prefer Windows 10 over Windows 7 so much. What is the 'killer feature' that Windows 10 has compared to Windows 7? Ok, I get that it has a redesigned desktop, but that is just cosmetics. Anything else?

Windows 10.

All the good parts of 7, cleaner UI, DX12 (yet to be worth anything, hopefully that will change), faster start-up times.

I'm interested why do some people prefer Windows 10 over Windows 7 so much. What is the 'killer feature' that Windows 10 has compared to Windows 7? Ok, I get that it has a redesigned desktop, but that is just cosmetics. Anything else?

To me 10 is just a better 7. As I said above -- cleaner, faster startup, about the same disk footprint (maybe even a little less?). I don't care about the data mining stuff, since Google already knows everything about me and has copies of all my dick pics. So whatever.

Well, it has everything that Windows 8 had... Metro apps are available, and some of them are pretty good. Especially the games. But it doesn't have that annoying thing where the charms bar pops up in games like, say, Breakout when the mouse goes too far right. You can also snap the Metro apps to several positions, and even run them in a Windowed mode like regular applications. It's everything Windows 8 should have been. Also, I upgraded an ancient laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it actually ran faster instead of slower. That says it all to me. Sure, Windows 7 looks nicer because the interface was more familiar, but Windows 10 runs better. Do I wish they'd bring back the old Windows Classic look from Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista/7? Of course, but aside from that it seems better to me. The only downside to 10 is that you can't block updates easily, and if one of them is buggy or unwanted, that can be an issue. So far it hasn't been an issue for me, though. Admittedly, I used to be lazy and keep postponing them, now I'm actually forced to drop what I'm doing, save my stuff, and apply them like I know I ought to do anyway. I'm probably the kind of user they had in mind when they made it harder to resist updates. LOL.

On Win8 you can use Classicshell and disable the charms and also have a more functional/customized Start menu too.

Whatever the latest version of Windows is. Beyond that, keeping up with Linux is always a good idea in IT.

I like Windows 10. Takes a ton of tweaking to turn of the privacy invasion garbage. But once I got past that I love it. Have it running on multiple machines I use.
For clients though, Windows 7. Gotta keep it simple with them.

. More than 16GB RAM support for the home version...

Back