What is the most retarded community for a game that you've experienced?

tzhu07

Gawd
See analogy:

Internet comments : Youtube comments ::: Online gaming community : ????

I am not sure of what you mean by the analogy. But, in my experience, the worst online gaming community I have ever experienced was Command & Conquer 4. I was only able to play a handful of games because, despite there being a decently sized active community, you could hardly ever actually play any games. Low level players did not want to play in games with high level players. High level players did not want to play in games with low level players. Everyone inbetween did not want to play with either high or low, and both high and low considered the middle people too low or too high and vice versa. People were constantly, non-stop, joining/leaving/being-kicked-from games to an extent I have never seen in any other game (and I have played other games, including RTSs, with player levels). I could be joining & rejoining games for 30 minutes and have to logoff due to a game never starting either because no one wanted to play with the low/high levels inside, the high levels constantly being kicked as they joined, or me (and other low levels) being constantly kicked as well.

Last edited:
I am not sure of what you mean by the analogy. But, in my experience, the worst online gaming community I have ever experienced was Command & Conquer 4. I was only able to play a handful of games because, despite there being a decently sized active community, you could hardly ever actually play any games. Low level players did not want to play in games with high level players. High level players did not want to play in games with low level players. Everyone inbetween did not want to play with either high or low, and both and high and low considered the middle people too low or too high. People were constantly, non-stop, joining/leaving/being-kicked-from games to an extent I have never seen in any other game (and I have played other games, including RTSs, with player levels). I could be joining & rejoining games for 30 minutes and have to logoff due a game never starting either because no one wanted to play with the low/high levels inside, the high levels constantly being kicked as they joined, or me (and other low levels) being constantly kicked as well.

thats because most of us got our accounts banned during the beta when we actually commented on things being broken(thats the whole point of having a beta client before release). god forbid if you actually said anything bad about the game as well. C&C4 was a money grab joke. they didn't care if it succeeded or not since it was quite obvious the development team attempted to rob EA by releasing that pile of crap. its why i don't feel sorry for the development team when they were all handed their pink slips before the game even released.

You mean online games or online forums?

Back when I played Socom on PS2 I remember there was a lot of racism. Lots of it. People would kick you automatically if you spoke and sounded black. I'm not black, but I played with a lot of black people and they constantly got harassed. I got harassed often by association.

Some of the offenders sounded like they were young kids, but many of them sounded like they were plenty old.

Been playing CS since beta 1 (1999 ?). I still come back to it. The dicks on there remind me what I am missing

I've played a crapload of games and the single worst community has to be Heroes Of Newerth.

The game itself isn't bad but the people playing it makes it awful..

IMO, Guild Wars is pretty bad now. When I first started GW, I got the collectors edition, but didnt know anything about MMO's. I got on there, asked ?'s and honestly the responses were quite nice. I quit for a few years, came back and BAM.. nothing but spam, you ask a ? and you get idiotic answers, with dipshits galore! and of course you have WoW. But isnt that what we expect tho.. idiots and such. this is why we have our friends! lol

The left 4 dead community put me right off playing that. Played a couple of matches and in each of them there was at least one douchebag, and since you actually have to work with the douchebags to get anywhere, I had no motivation to keep playing the game. Didn't even try left 4 dead 2 since I'm not interested in finding out if its just another bunch of dicks.

Yep, I agree Tudz. thats why its just best to find a group of your friends to play. sad as it is to say, but its honestly not fun online anymore. to many dipwads..

you wrote "retarded community for a game" in the title then mentioned "Youtube comments" !

/Internet comment

IMO, Guild Wars is pretty bad now. When I first started GW, I got the collectors edition, but didnt know anything about MMO's. I got on there, asked ?'s and honestly the responses were quite nice. I quit for a few years, came back and BAM.. nothing but spam, you ask a ? and you get idiotic answers, with dipshits galore! and of course you have WoW. But isnt that what we expect tho.. idiots and such. this is why we have our friends! lol

I remember the old days on the unoffical forums, everyone was nice and helpful. Then the wikis and the discounted prices came along bringing with them a bunch of kids (I am refering to mental age) and nastyness almost equal to WoW. I hope they never discount GW2 and that they police both the game and the forums.

The left 4 dead community put me right off playing that. Played a couple of matches and in each of them there was at least one douchebag, and since you actually have to work with the douchebags to get anywhere, I had no motivation to keep playing the game. Didn't even try left 4 dead 2 since I'm not interested in finding out if its just another bunch of dicks.

you made a good choice then, lol.the L4D games are crap anyways unless you are playing with friends.

world of warcraft

WOW certainly has it's point in favor of being on the "worst" list. It also has many points for NOT being on said list. Having even one of those not so bad to even good points would, in my humble opinion, prevent WOW from actually being on the list of evil-doom.

The worst forums I can think of right now were for "Temple of Elemental Evil" a game with so much promise and so pushed out the door to make some cash while ending any expenses related to said game, that I have not, and likely never will, ever, given any kind of choice, buy from Atari again.

This shouldn't even be open to response. Hands down the worst community has to be the MOBA games, particularly, League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth.

Take a competitive game, that you can not leave the match pursuant to receiving a penalty - and you have a recipe for disaster. Add to the fact that you can make an account for free, so there is no real incentive to be a supportive, or kind player who exhibits any kind of sportsmanship whatsoever.

This shouldn't even be open to response. Hands down the worst community has to be the MOBA games, particularly, League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth.

Take a competitive game, that you can not leave the match pursuant to receiving a penalty - and you have a recipe for disaster. Add to the fact that you can make an account for free, so there is no real incentive to be a supportive, or kind player who exhibits any kind of sportsmanship whatsoever.

is the LoL forum that bad? only time i ever go in there is to check the progress of updates. but then again i never go on the official forums for games just because i know they are going to be a filled with retards and incompetent admins/mods that can't really do anything to police the forums. usually if i have a question and i can't find an answer for it i either ask here or figure it out on my own through trial and error.

All Blizzard game forums. Every single one has someone complaining that something is wrong with their most beloved game. It's actually far worse than what people seem to think [H] is.

DOTA, HON, LoL

Right here.

I don't play those games but I've seen their communities. It's like a bonafide cesspool.

You should check out the Reddit guild. They are some of the nicest and most helpful people I've seen in the game. http://www.reddit.com/r/redditgw/

GMOD.

Without a shadow of a doubt, these are the most terrible cancerous gamers you will experience.

Just try-hard, meme obsessed, unfunny children. the kind of retards that will constantly use this: ^__^ smiley after every fucking thing they say.

I remember the old days on the unoffical forums, everyone was nice and helpful. Then the wikis and the discounted prices came along bringing with them a bunch of kids (I am refering to mental age) and nastyness almost equal to WoW. I hope they never discount GW2 and that they police both the game and the forums.

*squints*

Comic Sans...

Not sure if serious... :D

On topic: League of Legends..but damn it..I like the game :(

League of Legends, basically any DOTA-type game

You're either a n00b or a pr0, and if you're a n00b everyone hates you. God forbid you play according to your playstyle instead of the armchair general's SOLO MID L33T BUILD. Buying a Phage instead of a Zeal means you are the reason your team lost. Right.

Everquest used to be. Warcraft steals people's lives, but Everquest used to steal their souls.
It was like dealing with potheads, it would be all players would talk/think about.

All communities on any games main company forums. SC2 and WoW is idiot central on the blizz forums. LoL community is terrible in a stupidity way, HoN/DotA community is terrible in an elitist and trolling way.

DotA, HoN, LoL.

Seriously. It's not just the forums, like it is with other games. It's the players.

Oh god, that font.

Also, I frequented 'unofficial forums' quite a bit back in the UO/EQ/AC days - IGN primarily - and we were massive trolls and douches. Everything I know about trolling I learned from those days.

League of Legends Europe. Played LoL since early beta till most recent summertime, then I just quitted without hesitation. Community of this zynga-like moba game is just ridicoulous.

In the other hand, I just recently got a key and felt totally in love with Dota 2 and people present there.

Community of this zynga-like moba game is just ridicoulous.

In the other hand, I just recently got a key and felt totally in love with Dota 2 and people present there.

Personally, I disagree on your idea for LoL. IMO that perpetuates elitism and horrible attitudes. It's condescending.

Why do people do this? To validate some sort of self-worth?

I would have to say WoW. I played for 8 months , and literally stoped playing overnight cause of people being cranky as hell.

I quite WoW because I couldn't put up with that much stupid/hate/trolling in a game. Unfortunately, that has bled over into most other MMO's by this point.

This thread is retarded. Everyone knows most game communities are retarded. That is, everyone that isn't a teenager. :D

DAoC - not the least intelligent, but certainly the most vitriolic

Did you play on an RP server? DAoC was all drama. I played a lot of MMOs during the time, and I'd say DAoC was the least aggressive/douche-filled but it was definitely the one with the most drama. As far as anger level it doesn't come close to any of the competitive FPS games.

Console games are the worst now because they're filled with angry, racist 12 year olds. Racing games, whatever... anything where someone can quit when they're losing and it wrecks the game like in GT5 sucks.

The best event in gaming history was when w-hat from SA invaded Second Life and attacked all the weird sexual deviants on there with abraham lincolns and flying dicks and stuff.

Gaming communities now all pretty much suck compared to what they were like early on. There's nothing out there like the Tribes or Myth communities and probably never will be again.

Never really had an issue with a forum for a specific game. Probably the escapist gaming forum. I can get myself suspended without cussing or insulting anyone because the maturity level is so low talking over a moderators head is enough to get you kicked. I do it occasionally for fun.

I'm banned from the news forums here. Didn't do anything wrong but I was in the wrong political discussion at the wrong time. Some others were screaming at each and they just napalmed the whole thing. Honestly some of the people who comment on the news here really send me over the edge so I'm actually happier with not being a part of it.

My wife had to quit belgiums gaming forum http://www.9lives.be/ because of a lot of anti-women stuff.

I think ultimately the more inclusive a community is the lower the maturity is gonna be. My counter-strike clans site HG is for the most part very mature. The main Steam forums. Completely retarded.

Last edited:
LoL community is terrible in a stupidity way, HoN/DotA community is terrible in an elitist and trolling way.

Nailed it. And since I find utter stupidity particularly obnoxious, it's LoL by a mile for me.

Back