What is the most replayable game of this generation?

Ok, we all have our favorite games.

There are two kinds of games that I have an affinity towards. First off there are the games that make you glad you played them. The kind of games that look insanely good, or play insanely good, or even do something new that surprised you. These games are fun to talk about with friends, but eventually they are traded away to gamestop or ebay or your local version of "Russ's Used Stuff and Whatnot's". That or they get put onto the shelf only to collect a thin film of dust.

Then we have the OTHER kind. The games we will relentlessly play the piss out of until its possible to destroy the high score with our eyes closed. We get so good at the game that it becomes an amusement to watch others fail miserably at it, laughing on our high throne of videogame superiority. It's the games that we put in sometime before lunchtime and are shocked when the alarm for the next day's school/work rings just as we are getting warmed up. What game does that for you for this console generation? Have we had one of these suckers?

I think for me it's Burnout Paradise. I don't think there's a better game where I can sit and pound on it for long sessions and still feel like I am trying new things, seeing new events unfold, and getting even better at creating sheet metal on sheet metal softcore.

How about you guys? What game of this generation has your most time played?

I always enjoy games that have timed challenges like Bionic Commando Rearmed's virtual challenges. There are some challenges that leave me scratching my head when I see the high scores on PSN. Like how the F did this person get that score?

How about you guys? What game of this generation has your most time played?

This generation? The only console games I've logged more than 100 hours into on this generation's consoles are guitar hero 2 & 3 and Rock Band. Although I've played some great games on the console, none of the others can come close replicating the replaybility of these games.

On the PC, I've spent over 100 hours on a number of games in my life: Everquest, SWG, FFXI, BF2, BF2142, CS 1.6, Quake 2.

i bought too human last week and have already logged over 70 hours.....i'm sure i'll be playing for awhile longer.

i logged over 12 days play time on cod 4, lol. that's bad.

Well for me it would have to be Elder Scrolls IV..!! :):D I have beat the main quest & guild quests six times and the Shivering Isles two times. But I have not completed every side mission, found every thing, etc.

As for PC games I have grown tired of stalker but it has replay value...of all of the games I have played..Call of Juarez & Battlefield 1942 I could play over an over...:D:cool:

This is easy.

Most replay-able game ever?

Diablo 2.

too bad he said this generation and not ever.

Id have to say guitar hero or rock band. For replayability, not necessarily the best game.

Other than racing games... Rock Band / Guitar Hero or things like Pinball FX, Super Stardust, Geometry Wars.

I don't tend to replay many games though as there's usually way too much out there I want to play anyway.

I have put over 1000 hours into COD4 on 360 so far. That is the most I have put into a current generation console game, BF2:MC is close behind.

Older generation console games I played obsessively were Final Fantasy VII for the original PlayStation and Mortal Kombat II for Sega Genesis.

As for PC games I probably have 4000 or so hours total in BF2/BF2:SF I haven't played either seriously for almost a year though, and another 3000 or so hours combined between BF1942 and BF Vietnam.

I should go outside more often. :(

It's loosely still "this" generation because it's on the Wii - so I'll go with Resident Evil 4. I've never gone through any single game more times or re-played all of the side missions and mini-games more than in this game.
Playing through once is dandy, but once you complete it you get to keep your goodies and get access to a whole bunch of new weapons that change the scope of the game.
It's one of only 2 games (San Andreas is the other) I'd give a perfect 10 score to from the last few years.

Since this is in the console section, I'll leave out Diablo2/SC/CS.
That leaves only one non-Mario/Zelda game that I've played over and over. That's RE4. I've actually played that game again just to see if I can raise my accuracy by 1%, or to do other crazy shit (pistol only, melee only, etc.)

I can semi-agree with Rock Band. I say semi b/c it's the DLC that keeps that game alive. You're not actually playing the same song again and again, but new content. I mean, just imagine the tour mode early on - seeing the same setlist over and over. So is it technically RB that has replayability? Maybe, but I would never play the same song AGAIN unless I really loved it. I like a lot of the songs, but to say I love a lot of them would be a lie. It's kinda like me saying TF2 has alot of replayability, but only b/c of the release of new maps every week. To me, that's not a fair statement. TF2 is strong because you can play certain maps all-the-time and they don't get boring.

Meh, that aside, I love RB1 and will definitely buy RB2. It's just that I find it hard to fit in there. *shrug*

The most replayable games for me are always sports/racing games. Currently GRID and NCAA 09 for the 360.

everything inside The Orange Box. Best single-box game purchase in history. TF2 is MP so it's completely replyable, and HL2 will get you to play through it 2 or 3 times over a few years. Portal...let's just say it's the best 4-6 hours you can spend on a computer.

The Orange Box is kind of a cop out, since it is essentially a bundle of 5 games. Otherwise I'd probably agree with you.

For me, I've played Call of Duty 4 more than any other game this generation (100+ hours).

For me it would be Hot Shots Golf, followed by probably Mass Effect. I haven't dedicated too much time to any one console game this generation, maybe I have ADD.

You know it even if you don't want to admit it - nothing beats Super Stardust HD :)

Fifa'08 online. Nothing beats crushing someone then they quit after your 3rd+ goal, or beating the cocky mofo who tries tricking his/her way past you :D

I played that game nearly every night from release for a cpl of hrs until I recently got addicted to Warhawk again.....jetpacks ftw!

Recently, I'd go with KOTOR and Resident Evil 4. I dont really count multiplayer like COD4 or Halo 3. Those games are designed for that. But nothing beats a game that only has single player that I could just play forever, like KOTOR and RE4.

Its a common opinion but I'd go with orangebox. I must have pumped 100 hrs into all hl games+mods and tf2/portal (counting from HL2's release)

Halo 3, even though I don't really play it much, but whenever people come over that's what we play.
COD4, my friends and I have had lots of COD4 nights. Great multiplayer.
Rockband, people of all ages love to rock out.

Recently, I'd go with KOTOR and Resident Evil 4. I dont really count multiplayer like COD4 or Halo 3. Those games are designed for that. But nothing beats a game that only has single player that I could just play forever, like KOTOR and RE4.

I'm finally going through KOTOR right now on the PC. After three intense days of playing, I just want the game to end. Now I haven't played it for the last week because the school year has begun. Not sure when I'll even get a chance to go back to it and just beat it, much less play it through more than once. I guess playing through the game a second time with the dark side path would offer some variability, but how much more could you play it after that?

assassins creed by far. Game of the year.

Edit. No one fell for my lousy joke. My real opinion is madden. So far I can play madden games over and over and never get tired of it really. It could be because I love football.

im new

but its between COD4 & Fifa 08 for me .... Online play keeps these games going.

+1 Resident Evil 4, I must've beaten that game like 20 times trying to improve my speedrun. :p It's not really THIS generation tho.

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought of Burnout Paradise. Over 100 hours so far. I need to go back and get the rest of the online challenges.

I think Too Human has it too. Some people have mentioned Diablo 2, and Too Human comes fairly close.

Oblivion has pretty much a max of 150-200 hours for a single playthrough and that's assuming you do everything from jointing every guild to getting all of the hidden weapons in the gates and whatnot. I pretty much maxed my first character out and did pretty much every side quest out there in 150. Some of that was me "sneaking" against a wall for 8 hours using a rubber band on the pad in order to level up some stats, though ;)
Still, every character class is unique enough to warrant playing it again and approaching everything in a different way. There are so many missions that can be done diplomatically or completely violently depending on how you want to play.
Oblivion was just a great game all the way around.

fifa 08 and cod4 hands down
i'm a little bias due to the fact that i have played soccer all the way through the college lvl and have for 17 years. plus it gets really competitive online. even if you are really good and know soccer tactics

COD4 multiplayer or Wii Sports if someone is physically at my locale. As far as solo play, I haven't found anything yet that can pull me from COD4 live, including COD4 solo :). A couple titles on Wii virtual console that STILL offer replayabilitynessment, but not considered "this generation."

Marvel Ultimate Alliance consumed hours :)

What's scary is that is true. I got it as part of the 360 Elite package and no matter how lame it might be...I can't stop playing it.
It's mindless, but it has the whole Diablo thing going for it.
It's a horrible example of what the system can do (it's a last-gen port) but there's something really compelling about it.

fifa 08 and cod4 hands down
i'm a little bias due to the fact that i have played soccer all the way through the college lvl and have for 17 years. plus it gets really competitive online. even if you are really good and know soccer tactics

Problem with fifa online is you get ppl who are actually really good yet as soon as they go 2 down they quit. Now I've been 3 down before and come back to win the game so I really don't get these losers :confused:

Oh that and the fact 99% of ppl pick Barcelona online. Fifa'09 will all be AC Milan :rolleyes:

Resident Evil 4 (wii) and Portal (PC) have been the games I've played through the most. I'm not usually one to replay a game, but I've been through both of them a few times.

Back