What is the deal with 3dfx voodoo 5500 ? I dug out one from my old part box

Neoshadow

n00b
so in my past . I was working in a computer store ( good, old pentium 2-3-4 era)

I had bought this voodoo 5500 because i was sure it was the best for performance but then 3dfx close down. Being the last 3dfx i ever got.

I kept the card in the original box and plastic as a souvenir with other pc memorablia.

But after looking on the internet for old info. *also on this site. I found out a lot of people were looking for that card.

So whats the deal for a 20year old card?

Thx
20200606_130123.jpg
20200606_130128.jpg
20200606_130519.jpg
20200606_130714.jpg

so in my past . I was working in a computer store ( good, old pentium 2-3-4 era)

I had bought this voodoo 5500 because i was sure it was the best for performance but then 3dfx close down. Being the last 3dfx i ever got.

I kept the card in the original box and plastic as a souvenir with other pc memorablia.

But after looking on the internet for old info. *also on this site. I found out a lot of people were looking for that card.

So whats the deal for a 20year old card?

Thx
View attachment 251299View attachment 251300View attachment 251301View attachment 251302

Seen this yet?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3dfx-Voodo...=203000431598eaaf7cd7f193416b9543374b83b29d14

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi erek!

Holy smoke. The value is thru the roof!!

What are they doing with and old agp card??

Il sell it if its worth 400$!! :)

No worry i had seen a pci version advertise for mac at 1000$+ :)

Send me an email erek. [email protected]
there are rules about selling/trading here. one of them is needing 100 posts to access the fs/t forum and only doing deals there.

(16) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the For Sale / Trade forum. The FS/T forum has its own set of specific rules and has a required 100 post minimum to participate. WARNING: Do not spam the forums to reach the required minimum, your posts will be deleted or your account banned. Please read their rules before posting in that forum. No PRICE CHECKS allowed except in General Mayhem. [H]ard|Forum is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the For Sale / Trade forum
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-h-ard-forum-rules.760666/

Reactions: erek
like this
One of the fans went bad on my 5500 after using it for around 3 years. I upgraded cards and tossed it in the trash. DOH!

there are rules about selling/trading here. one of them is needing 100 posts to access the fs/t forum and only doing deals there.

(16) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the For Sale / Trade forum. The FS/T forum has its own set of specific rules and has a required 100 post minimum to participate. WARNING: Do not spam the forums to reach the required minimum, your posts will be deleted or your account banned. Please read their rules before posting in that forum. No PRICE CHECKS allowed except in General Mayhem. [H]ard|Forum is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the For Sale / Trade forum
https://hardforum.com/threads/the-h-ard-forum-rules.760666/
My bad im sorry. I wanted initially to speak about the card more than anything else

While is cool and nostalgic, I find using it today to be underwhelming in both obviously performance and ease of use. These things are often best left as fond memories of times past.

I bought one of these off [H] in the early years of this forum and I still have it.Anybody want to buy it back?😁

Or - you could sell it to somebody here for a reasonable price, also avoiding the huge eBay fees. And in particular, somebody who has been trying to get a Voodoo for a build forever and can't find one, and not somebody who already hoards several cards...^^^

*ahem*

<---

Back