What is the current most powerful but most silent video card?

EarthBrain

Limp Gawd
I am currently looking for the most powerful but also most quiet video card. It does not matter whether it is from AMD or Nvidia.

Thank you.

I am currently looking for the most powerful but also most quiet video card. It does not matter whether it is from AMD or Nvidia.

Thank you.

Uh, a stock 7970 running at 30% fan speed? If you aren't going to overclock, that's all you need.

You're going to have to expand a little on what you want. Silent and powerful usually do not go together. Unless you want to go to a watercooling setup and that's not completely silent either.

I think if you go the water block route it's a 6990.

Depends on the OP's budget...I think I saw a 6990 for $550 in FS/T...but you'd still want a waterblock for it. That sucker will heat up your whole case.

You're going to have to expand a little on what you want. Silent and powerful usually do not go together. Unless you want to go to a watercooling setup and that's not completely silent either.

^^
That. OTOH, watercooling a GPU is much quieter on performance tier cards even when the card is idling IME.

Just pour a whole bottle of gatorade on your system and you will have a very silent system after the charred pieces settle down.

I think OP needs to clarify "silent". Silent is relative. Does he want a fanless card or a card that can be cooled relatively quietly?

Look for cards with dual fan or triple fan configurations. You can also go for aftermarket coolers like Arctic Cooling. You'll need 3 total available slots.

7970 or gtx 590 wc like others say, the 7970 stock fan sounds like a lawnmower at 100% well the xfx one did

Back