What is the current go-to site for cables and connectors?

Zurginator

Gawd
Not sure if this is the right section, I've always thought it fell under case modding but it could fit under PSUs as well...

Anyways, I've been out of the loop for a few years and coming back I've found quite a few things have changed. Last time I was building, MDPC was the go-to place for cable-related goods, but they apparently disappeared. Is there another site that offers similar products? I'm specifically looking for cable, pins, pin removers, SATA, PCIe, CPU, and ATX plugs.

I use mainly Mainframe Customs, IceModz, E22 and ModDIY. Mainframe Customs is one of the few places that carry Teleios Sleeving, solid aluminium cable combs and the best crimping tool I've ever used. IceModz arguably makes the best custom cables and extensions available and also carries a good selection of pre-made cables, connectors and supplies. ModDIY csrries xll of thr above stuff plus has an incredible variety of items that are often very difficult to find.

I recently ordered from IceModz. The quality is great, but they took _forever_ to ship (~1.5 months, I'm in the US). Plus they used the wrong pin configuration in my 24-pin ATX cable for my Seasonic Platinum 1050w. Upon installing their cables, my computer would power up for a split second, then power off. I found that they had several cables on the 24-pin ATX cable going to the wrong spots. Luckily my motherboard didn't get damaged, but it took me an hour or two in order to figure it out and re-wire it properly. I now use CaseLabs and ModDIY instead.

isnt ModDIY shipping takes forever too? 1-2 weeks since they are base in hong kong. Not sure about CaseLabs and I'm looking for mod PC store base in US. Any suggestions?

ModDIY and CaseLabs both took about 1.5 weeks for them to ship to my house in Michigan. This was using the standard shipping option.

Mainframe Customs (based in California) has always shipped my orders quickly (unless they include custom items). They should USPS Priority (2-3 days) with tracking. Free shipping for orders over $75.

thanks, but mainframe dont have a lot of options on cable combs i'm looking for. but good to know they are local.

thanks, but mainframe dont have a lot of options on cable combs i'm looking for. but good to know they are local.
Personally I love their Gosumodz milled aluminium combs (I haven't seen them anywhere else). They have them in anodized red, black or natural and they come in 4, 6, 8, 12, 14, 16 and 24 hole sizes. Their revolver combs are also pretty cool (6 hole in a circular/hex pattern, like a six-shooter revolver). The MFC Stealth line of combs (acrylic) are available in the same sizes as the aluminium ones but only come in clear or black. They also carry E22 clip-in type combs.

What combs specifically are you looking for?

I bought MDPC sleeving from MOD-ONE (CaseLabs) about a month ago when they were having their 10% off grand opening sale. Standard shipping was surprisingly fast to NJ, I couldn't have been more than 5 days.

Personally I love their Gosumodz milled aluminium combs (I haven't seen them anywhere else). They have them in anodized red, black or natural and they come in 4, 6, 8, 12, 14, 16 and 24 hole sizes. Their revolver combs are also pretty cool (6 hole in a circular/hex pattern, like a six-shooter revolver). The MFC Stealth line of combs (acrylic) are available in the same sizes as the aluminium ones but only come in clear or black. They also carry E22 clip-in type combs.

What combs specifically are you looking for?

Sadly, they've been out of the 8 hole gosumodz combs for weeks. Been waiting for them to come back in stock so I can place a single order and not have to pay for shipping twice.

Back