What is the cheapest route to 3D?

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
Hey...

I've been increasinly pondering this question, but since I got a GTX460 recently, what's the cheapest route to 3D? I don't have the appropriate monitor, nor, the 3D Vision kit. I do have a Mitsu DLP that's listed as "3D Bluray compatible" but not "3D Vision HDMI 1.4a" on the nVidia 3D Vision website.

So, if I decided to go the Monitor+kit route, how much would that cost, minimum? I saw an ASUS bundled with the kit for 500usd :eek: which is a bit more than my U2311h, so I'm unwilling to commit that much into the technology :(. Is there a cheaper bundle route? Though, will my DLP work for gaming? If so, I could just grab the 3D Vision glasses+emitter kit for 180usd from Amazon :) and be done with it.

Thank you very much!
-Jeremy

The cheapest route would be a used CRT monitor that can handle 120 hz + 3D vision kit.
I'm not sure about your DLP. If it can handle 3D blurays it should also handle 3D games so... I might be mistaken, tho.

I think I'll try out the compat tester today :) Thanks! I'm still looking for monitor suggestions, too :)

The Mitsu DLPs are supposed to work with 3D vision, some of the first reviews of the glasses used them..

Alright, thanks!! I looked around, and the 3D Vision kit seems to include a cable that correlates to a s-video-esque connector on the back of my DLP labeled for 3D use:) Also, I just ran through several reviews, and they do indeed mention it :)

Thank you!! I guess I am now set.

I was looking at a Mitsubishi DLP for Nvidia 3D also and found that some sets that work perfectly are NOT listed on the approved list. While others (3d monitor ACER HN274H) that are not even available yet are on the list, go figure that one out!!

Back