What is the best way to ship a 55" LCD TV

gzervali2006

[H]ard|Gawd
So what is the best way to ship a 55" LCD TV. I packaged it back up in the original box as I received it, but what service is the most affordable and safe to ship an item of this nature?

Boy, I have shipped a lot of things in my day but never a huge lcd tv. Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

I don't think you'll be able to ship it UPS or Fedex ground (weight/dimension restrictions), it would probably have to go with a freight service so probably $100+ that and I wouldn't trust UPS or Fedex with that...

I'd try selling local on craigslist or similar if pissoble to be honest...

hmm well yeah.. those services provide insurance though? I'm just scared that the lcd gets broken and I'm out of my money..

It'll be expensive, but you can try getting a quote from Fedex White Glove services:

http://fedex.com/us/services/customcritical/whiteglove/

Someone may have a better suggestion, but you never know on their prices. Some times they come in with a lower quote than normal, and the odds of them breaking it are very low.

The best way to ship a TV that size is to use UPS ground shipping or yellow truck
I had a 52inch LG LCD TV shipped to me and they used yellow truck

I don't think you'll be able to ship it UPS or Fedex ground (weight/dimension restrictions), it would probably have to go with a freight service so probably $100+ that and I wouldn't trust UPS or Fedex with that...

I'd try selling local on craigslist or similar if pissoble to be honest...

This

I dont think you can do ups or fedex due to size, you need to do freight which is going to cost you $$$

sell it local

My employer :D

www.yrcw.com

Seriously, freight shipment is the only option. You could do a dock to dock shipment, it'd be cheaper than door to door if you have the ability to get the unit to your local dock. Because if you do door to door you're going to need liftgates in both directions, and its just gonna get pricey based on that.

Take it from me, if you can do a dock to dock shipment you'll be much better off.

Back