what is the best power supply brand?

goodngood

n00b
Corsair,Sesonic,Antec,Enermax,XFX, etc... What do you think is the best power supply brand in your opinion?

Seasonic tends to be solid along all lines. EVGA is doing quite well in this respect aswell. Corsair used to be, but some of their more recent stuff has been lackluster in some aspects.

It depends on who actually makes it and not the brand itself. Corsair doesn't make power supplies, they hire out OEM to build it for them or buy/license one of their existing platforms and rebadged it. Of the OEMs, Seasonic like others have said and Superflower would be another OEM that makes absolutely superb supplies like the EVGA Supernova G2's. Delta makes great power supplies but they're hard to find. Antec High Current PSU's are the only ones I can think of that they're the OEM for.

So find out who actually makes the PSU before you buy and try to get a Seasonic or Superflower and you're pretty set regardless the model. As always check HardOCP and JonnyGURU for reviews first.

PCMR posted a pretty good info-graphic last year. I'm all for EVGA. I own a 1000w and 650w P2's. Silent mode on them is awesome too. Plus they offer 10 year warranties.

After considerable research, I went with an EVGA 1000w P2. I rely on primarily on JonnyGuru and HardOCP for evals.

After considerable research, I went with an EVGA 1000w P2. I rely on primarily on JonnyGuru and HardOCP for evals.
Hell yea...cant go wrong with that.....good service, great hardware......and i really like the included cables

Back