What Is The Best Case For a WC Set Up?

JKownz

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a old case and i want to upgrade it, so i want to buy a case and water cooling system at the same time, maybe a swiftech kit. I want to know whats the best case for a water cooling set up. Give me some links if you can.

Thanks.

Coolermaster Stacker.

Simple as that. Go to coolermasters website or just newegg. Big case, awesome cooling features, lots of space. Best case you can buy atm.

well, for best cooling performance, you want to mount the radiator at the top, as you can then still have all of the air blowing through the case.
though the stacker and most cases do not have a blower at the top, none that I know of have a decent 120mm blower.
however, there are many many many guides on how to perfectly cut your case with a dremel, in order to fit the radiator, and its cover....i would reccomend aqua computer products.
or, why not get an inbuilt one from koolance, or an external one from koolance (REALLY, both of these are very good)

yet, cases, stacker, the big new ones from thermaltake, the lian li v1000/2000 etc.
it depends how many hds etc. you have, as if you don;t have many, then you can remover the hd cage, and have a pump in there, e.g. thermaltake tsunami...

hope this helped
f

Bugalaman said:
that coolermaster stacker has no place for a radiator :confused:

Ummm.... You can mount a 3x120mm radiator in the front of the case without too much moddification. You can mount them to the top with a bit of dremmel action and also you can mount a 2x120mm radiator to the bottom mesh section with minimal modding. Could also mount a 1x120mm radiator at the back of it. I've no idea what you mean by theres no place for a radiator, made me go all :confused: heh.

I concur with Penguin. It may sound odd but yes, that case is really good for watercooling. I can also recommend that Thermaltake case, its called the Kandalf or something like that, its very very good for WC systems because its got a lot of tubing holes and such made directly for WC systems, lol.

im going to be putting a dual 120mm RAD + pump, im my Antec aria, all internal WC setup... may not be the best case for WC but i like it, and very small

id hafta agree with penguin and kraken, the chenming/chieftec/antec cases ARE HUGE! and they come at a pretty good price. they are like around 2+ feet tall and will give you plenty of room to put all the water cooling you could ever want.

Heck, I just grabbed a throw away tower and am going to build a dual compartment cooling apparatus for it. That way I don't feel bad cutting up a new tower. Got my heatercore already! :D

for my coolermaster stacky, i bought an extra 4 in 3 hard drive tray and hack'd it up to fit a 120 radiator, as its just a few mm's more than 120mm as you can see from the 120 fan mounted infront the tray. With the tool less mounts nicely fitted to the 120 rad it snaps right into place.

to be honest i wasted couple bux buying that thing as you really dont need it, the rad would mount fine without

but yea, Funk is right, there are like lots of places to mount rads, I think they thought about that during design for sure.

Yea you waste 3 slots, but the stacker is all slots, what like 15 total?

the stack is a good case

I'm quite happy with my PC-75B for watercooling, enough room for a 3x120 rad, can't complain.

Penguincomp said:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-469&depa=1

Comes in any color you could possibly desire and under alot of different brandnames like Chemming/Chieftec/Antec. There are others ,but it's too early to remember all the names.

80mm fan areas=not good

The stacker is the best, In the front (Since its all vented, air can get through) you can stick any huge heatercore (Get a core, better performance for cheaper). The bottom has a ven and, if you put the wheels on, can be used to draw cool air into/out of the case for more radiators, also the second PSU Area can fit a raditor, like a dual 80mm one, as well as the mobo tray has a place for another radiator, a 120mm one

Stacker is the best case for Water cooling hands down

Any of the Lian-Li PC-7x series cases are excellent. The new V series are the bomb! Some of the PC-6xx series cases are also good.

Hate_Bot said:
80mm fan areas=not good

The stacker is the best, In the front (Since its all vented, air can get through) you can stick any huge heatercore (Get a core, better performance for cheaper). The bottom has a ven and, if you put the wheels on, can be used to draw cool air into/out of the case for more radiators, also the second PSU Area can fit a raditor, like a dual 80mm one, as well as the mobo tray has a place for another radiator, a 120mm one

Stacker is the best case for Water cooling hands down
stacker is the best, but you can easly fit 2x 120 mms on the top and front of the chieftec dragon, and i have sized up/going to mod 2x92 mms exaust :D

Bah, how wants a smally 2x120mm rad when you can go 3x120mm on a stacker. :D

IMG_0879.JPG

I would go with the largest case you feal comfortable with. You really need to decided if you want 2x80mm, 1x120mm, 2x120mm, 3x120mm. That will tell you what case you should start looking for.

JKownz said:
What Is The Best Case For a WC Set Up?

Just a FYI...WC in the UK is the same thing as the crapper or shitter in the US...ie Water Closet = room where the toilet is..

;)

MD

MrPG do you got any pictures of how that 120mm rad fit in the tooless mounts, I've been looking at the Stacker and was thinking about modding one of those 3 into 4 modules too, but if you don't really need the module a 2 or 3 X 120 rad would be better.

MD_Willington said:
Just a FYI...WC in the UK is the same thing as the crapper or shitter in the US...ie Water Closet = room where the toilet is..

;)

MD

And of course all americans swear when naming anything? :rolleyes:

(Not american)

Hate_Bot said:

(Not american)

LOL, crapper is the name of an English plumber that is credited on making toilets.

Hands down, the U2-UFO.
Mountain Mods

It's got enough room for anything you could possibly want/need.
Of course, it's around $300 though...

Jeff

Hate_Bot said:

(Not american)

Neither am I..I'm a Canuck/Brit...Although I am collecting citizenships like hockey cards...

MD

LIAN LI PC73
Chieftec Mesh (LCX) Bigtower
Yeong Yang Mid Cube YY-B0221

coolermaster stacker only when build the PSU on the bottom of the case.

Back