What Is The BEST 24" 1900x1200 LCD Monitor For Computer Gaming?

SkyeHack

Limp Gawd
I currently have a HP Pavilion w2408h (Old Non-Samsung Screen) and I was wondering if I should sell it and get something better?

I will be switching out my SLI 2x nVidia 8800 GT's for a ATI Sapphire Radeon 4870 X2 graphics card and I wanted the best 24 inch computer monitor to play it on. I can't go any bigger then 24 inches because there is no room on my desk. What do you guys recommend? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

SkyeHack

Nothing has gotten better. The only thing that has happened to 24" displays over the last 2 years is that they have cost-reduced them down by replacing the higher quality VA panels with TN panels.

Other than some obscenely expensive LED backlit displays, I have seen nothing that would make me want something other than my BenQ FP241.

So I should just stick with what I have even if I were able to sell off my old one for the same price that I would pick up a new one?

Oh and I love glossy screens! :)

I have a Benq FP241VW and I absolutely love it. Practically no input lag, which is awesome for an A-MVA panel. Good contrast, good colors, no backlight bleed whatsoever. This is my first LCD monitor, and after a week of constant researching, I couldn't have made a better decision on a monitor.

Only one problem, the thing is discontinued. BenQ's online store is out of them, but you can still grab one on NCIX if you hurry.

Wow, Ben Q are like 2 years old and the VW looks weird with the way the stand is mounted. It's design doesn't look very modern.....

Wow, Ben Q are like 2 years old and the VW looks weird with the way the stand is mounted. It's design doesn't look very modern.....
That's for the reason I gave. Most of the original release of 24"ers were MVA panels, much higher quality than TN. Since then, in order to cost reduce and sell at lower price points, virtually all have switched to inferior TN panels. So the display quality has downgraded over the last 2 years.

Googling pointed to this Hard thread, http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1292885, looks like your's is a TN. Maybe one of the newer TN's could be an upgrade for you *shrug*.

Odd stand? Oh, yea they do have a weird fixed one. This is the one I have, full tilt and rotation features.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/3425-4.jpg

Back