What is the absolute best, expensive case for airflow/cooling?

acrh2

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
107
I would really appreciate suggestions on the best case possible that money can buy for air cooling/airflow (aside from refridgerator cases though). Also, any hints and tricks on best possible motherboard/system cooling will be very welcome.
Thanks.
 

PhateX1337

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
310
I'd say wait for the new CM Stackers to come out in late July (or so they say). You will hear CM Stacker and/or Lian Li V1000/2000 from a lot of people too.
 

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
Messages
17,533
PhateX1337 said:
You will hear CM Stacker and/or Lian Li V1000/2000 from a lot of people too.

lol - bite your tongue.

dont you EVER insult the Lian Li name by putting it in the same sentence with the word CM (Coolermaster). :p
 

Rembrandt

Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
596
I tend to listen to Toms Hardware as a reliable source: Lian Li V COOL PC-V1000 but the Stacker was not out at that time.
 

Nek

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
70
I'd say the CM Stacker

2x120mm fan in the front, at least 1x 120mm, 2x 80mm fans at the back, 1x 80mm at the top... plus that cross flow fan
 

Moose777

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
2,741
I happen to like the Chenbro Gaming Bomb II. It's expensive and big. Rediculously big.

Big enough to fit 7 120mm fans with plenty of room to add more if I so wish.
 

BellaCroix

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,054
I'll agree with the Mountain Mods cases... very nice cases and very expensive... but how about:

Zalman TNN 500A Totally Noiseless Case

Sure, it's $1300, but you DID say most expensive. Unless you're going to get into rack mount cases or file servers, you're not going to find much more expensive (that I've seen anyway).
 

Dew

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
3,854
ozziegn said:
lol - bite your tongue.

dont you EVER insult the Lian Li name by putting it in the same sentence with the word CM (Coolermaster). :p

You just did....
 

Berg0

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
1,038
actually, the thermaltake looks like the stacker, I challenge you to find a thermaltake product that isn't just a rip off of a differnt, higher quality product.
 

ikellensbro

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
1,410
I 4th the U2-UFO, it has room for everything, and I mean everything you could ever need in a case. Can you say room for 2(!) triple rads with no cutting required?
 

Mickey21

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
442
Another vote for the MountainMods case. I own one personally and have to say it would be the last "case" I buy if PC components didnt change their fit too drastically. It has so much space I could fit four computers in it (actually I already have 2 and I am putting the third one in it next month). I may just change it's name to the Borg... In any case, very good cooling, and very functional and spacious. You will not be sorry.

That Zalman is alright, but I could buy 3-4 MountainMods cases with that money. Pretty ridiculous. And for what, because it is quite... Big whoop. Important for some I guess. Gimme 1300 dollars on top of your computer budget and I could make you a case that was silent as heck, no big deal.
 

dad11345

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
483
I bought mine from Monarch computers after I bought my case from them. They charged me 5.00 for it. If you go to lian Li home page and look at the 2100B in the diagram it is listed as a 12 CM blower fan and is shown in the upper rt hand corner of the case.
 

altec

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
1,536
BellaCroix said:
I'll agree with the Mountain Mods cases... very nice cases and very expensive... but how about:

Zalman TNN 500A Totally Noiseless Case

Sure, it's $1300, but you DID say most expensive. Unless you're going to get into rack mount cases or file servers, you're not going to find much more expensive (that I've seen anyway).


Lol you were to late i already posted the 500A lol but good to see some one else knows about it lol.
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
804
i like enermax products, so i would vote for this if you don't want a borg case that takes up your whole desk. i like the tunnel idea.
 

BellaCroix

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,054
altec said:
Lol you were to late i already posted the 500A lol but good to see some one else knows about it lol.

Yeah, went back and re-read the thread and saw you beat me to it.

Yeah, I know about it... drooled over it for about 30 seconds just for the sheer consumerism of it. Never saw any really good reviews and the results on the page aren't that impressive. For $1300 Selma Hayek better come over and bring me ice cold Guinness while I assemble my computer.
 

jetjaguar

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2001
Messages
2,538
dad11345 said:
I bought mine from Monarch computers after I bought my case from them. They charged me 5.00 for it. If you go to lian Li home page and look at the 2100B in the diagram it is listed as a 12 CM blower fan and is shown in the upper rt hand corner of the case.


thats just the exhaust fan

edit .. o i see .. hmmm i wonder how much that could possibly help
 

draconius

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 8, 2002
Messages
2,081
s_front1.jpg


should do you pretty well
 

acrh2

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
107
I read good things about Antec P180.
Any opinions about it vs.
Lian-Li v1100, v1200, v2000
Stacker 1/2/3
UFO cube case

Also, what about the tiny ufo cube called Twice7?

Thanks.
 

Rembrandt

Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
596
I have a Lian Li V SILENT PC-V1100 Silver Computer Case (very nice). I have 7 HD’s and a large raid controller. It keeps everything cool. No mods needed.
 
Top