What is so special about the white iphone 4?

Greenstuffs

Limp Gawd
I have seen people asking crazy amounts on craigslist like $1k for 16gb and $1.3k for the 32gb? i am missing anything?
Does it have a new hardware or something

Supply/Demand?

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be out yet. I think its just a modified black iPhone 4.

Kinda of makes me want to buy knock off white iphone 4 parts from china and turn my iphone 4 white and sell for double.

I think the white ones have the WiFis and the bigger G.Bs, lolz.

Yeah, it can't be that hard to take the back off and replace it with a white aftermarket one or something.

Nothing. :)

When it comes to certain electronics though, rational thinking doesn't apply.
Just so happens that for many Apple products this is the case :p ZING! haha jk

It's just that the hardcore turtleneck wearing Apple zealots MUST have a white iPhone! iProducts must be white! All hail Jobs! :p

But yeah, just buy an aftermarket housing from China, even has the right logos and what not. Could make a fortune off of the uninformed. Sucker born every minute. FS 1 unreleased *WHITE* iPhone 4

Well maybe if you have the money AND you want something THAT bad, rationality escapes you. :p Sadly, I don't think I want to shed extra bucks just to change the color of my phone.

I've never owned any apples products before my iphone. My wife talked me into buying it and I love it! I started with 3G, 3GS and now the iphone4.

Don't believe the lies its a great phone :)

It exudes even more gayness than the black iPhone, therefore the mindless, kool-aid swilling, apple zombies must have them to flaunt around the coffee shops. They should come with a free bag of skittles.

The hardware is the same. Any true white iphone 4's out there are prototypes. Possibly the ones you're seeing on CL and eBay, etc. are color changed by the company ColorWare (link below).

The company, Lens Technology, that makes the glass for the iPhones is having manufacturing difficulties for the white version of the phone. Its glass manufacturing process involves the following steps: developing the tooling, cutting the raw material (mainly sourced from Germany, Switzerland and Japan), fine-milling using CNC (computed numerically controlled) machines, sanding the edges, polishing, strengthening, cleaning, coating, screen printing, baking, anti-shatter treatment, assembling, and packaging. That in and of itself is a tedious and lengthy process.

The company's screen-printing workshop may currently be dealing with some issues with the white iPhone 4 covers. Specifically, the factory's still working out the perfect combination of paint thickness and opacity -- the former to ensure the next sub-contractor has enough clearance for the digitizer overlay, and the latter for the absolute whiteness.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

It exudes even more gayness than the black iPhone, therefore the mindless, kool-aid swilling, apple zombies must have them to flaunt around the coffee shops. They should come with a free bag of skittles.
+++1 that was hilarious! :D

No offense meant but I like white phones. I just do not like the idea of shedding extra bucks just to change my phone's color. The extra hundred bucks could be used to buy a new one. :D

Well white looks nice when clean but in general White plastic is garbage and degrades quickly which is why the white iPhone has been delayed.

Back