What is so hard about making a bezeless display?

all this is true, but the biggest issue with the bezel-less panel is the fact that it would just be floating in space. when you get home it might have just drifted away somewhere, and there goes your eyefinity rig, right out the fucking window (literally)

Eh, I was thinking of using glass on the sides to encapsulate the presently hidden electronics instead of plastic. I think it'd be kinda cool, but meh, my 24" is plenty large enough and fits my motif.

:D

I'm sorry for the bump, but I found this thread on Google and I'm trying to also find some bezeless displays for eyefinity.

I work in an industry where I see bezeless displays all the time. Below is an example, and I'm curious how these places are able to have technology like this so easily. Is it just that much more expensive than what consumers are willing to pay?

cc_lucent.png[

Last edited by a moderator:
The NEC video wall solutions are $4700 for a 46" 1366x768 screen.

Yes. They are THAT MUCH MORE THAN WHAT CONSUMERS ARE WILLING TO PAY.

I had no idea they were that much. Where are you getting those specs?

edit:

Searching for your NEC terminology, I found this.

And searching by model number i found this.

So yeh, it would be roughly $8K for four of these bad boys.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This isn't rocket science. There is no reason why a company couldn't come out with some sort of setup that is a bezzle-less 6 screens in an array even if it has to have 6 different video plugins to make it work.

Hell I would be a hell of a lot more happy if they would come out with those 43" curved monitors that were shown about 2 years ago before they pretty much died. Just make me an LED LCD version of one of those, and we'll call it good.

This isn't rocket science. There is no reason why a company couldn't come out with some sort of setup that is a bezzle-less 6 screens in an array even if it has to have 6 different video plugins to make it work.

Yes, there are. Those reasons have already been said about 20 times in this thread. There is no reason why you couldn't have read the thread before making a statement that the thread has already pointed out is false. This isn't rocket science, it's reading comprehension! :p

This thread is a spot-on example of the entitlement problem in our society.

How about a screen that opens like a scroll like in the ninja flims! or a a screen shaped like a projector screen that people do powerpoint presentations on. I always loved to see those for gaming. The electronics could be in the top or bottom. They have bending screen tech so this should be doable...right?:eek:

what's the modern take on this? Are there any bezel less monitors available for surround gaming?

Not really. Samsung md230 or manual bezel stripping or using those samsung bezellessish TVs or.. just using projectors for completely seamless bezels is still the best we can do.

However I get the sense the mainstream has now found a new thing to latch onto other than "thinness" and is now focusing on seamless bezels as a marketing tool more and more.

The future isn't multiple displays. It would make more sense to make one large single unit. You heard it here first. :D

A single monitor with a 4.8:1 or 5.33:1 panel would be awesome. If video cards can't push that much information through a single output, a controller that accepts three inputs simultaneously and directs each one to the appropriate section of the screen shouldn't be to hard to implement, maybe?. Of course if it ever did get made, it would cost 3x as much as three monitors do.

edit; holy hell, this is an old thread.

Back