What is Official 3080 Sales Time For Thursday?

These prices are insane :) lol. I am glad I did not sell my 2080 TI.

Yeap no doubt about that. PPL tend to get carazy on release days. I'll get one of these gpus eventually but no hurry myself.

And that silly 60K price... the hilarious thing is that it's not even a 3090 lmao just a base giga card.

These prices are insane :) lol. I am glad I did not sell my 2080 TI.

Actually, now is when you'd probably get the best bang for the buck if you sold it. The last great hurrah before actual availability of 3XXX cards and the decimation of 2XXX value.

Multiple Microcenters have precisely 12 each? Hmm.
Not hard to imagine. Our local Facebook Microcenter employees said they had 12 on Overland Park KS. Corporate gets X cards. Divides them equally between stores. Why is that fishy?

In hindsight camping out at Microcenter was probably the only way to truly get this card — as a mere mortal. Bots got everything online.

Skynet is holding all the GPUs. The more it gets the stronger the AI. You watch and see...

Time to head out to my desert hidey hole and watch the world burn.

There were no cards to begin with. Wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia DDoSed the retailers themselves just to sell the con.

Not hard to imagine. Our local Facebook Microcenter employees said they had 12 on Overland Park KS. Corporate gets X cards. Divides them equally between stores. Why is that fishy?

In hindsight camping out at Microcenter was probably the only way to truly get this card — as a mere mortal. Bots got everything online.
Yea I probably would of got one of I went to MC. They didn't sell out til 10:30ish based off the site. Damn this thing called a job and responsibilities.

Actually, now is when you'd probably get the best bang for the buck if you sold it. The last great hurrah before actual availability of 3XXX cards and the decimation of 2XXX value.
I thought about it but I just use it for my other rig. I actually have money set aside. I am waiting to see what is offered by the end of the year to make a decision. This 3080 card was not really pleasing to me.

37587FBD-349F-41DA-B641-35D156202E0A.jpeg

My Microcenter was showing 16 before they opened. I got there and they showed 12 in stock, still before they opened. Line around the side of the building.

I think I was just there too. Decided to make a run over for the heck of it, saw about 20 people for 12 cards, and just came home. This was the scene last night, evidently:
yxk8DiF.png

My Microcenter was showing 16 before they opened. I got there and they showed 12 in stock, still before they opened. Line around the side of the building.

But where there actually 12 cards available? Seems like 12 was a placeholder value.

my microcenter shows 1 in stock still but you can't add it to your cart for 30 minute pickup

Call them up and see if that's legit before going over there.

I'm not getting one now, waterloop so I couldn't even stick it in if I wanted to. MC isn't open for a few hours still. But on the subject, ya I wonder though as that would be a crazy high allocation.

I just got back from Microcenter!

I went down the line whispering a rumor of "Wow, in the official email, they said they have over 200 in stock. There's one for everyone!"

They had 12. >=3

(and no, I didn't get one.)
(Also, did anyone hear that rumor? I was dressed "Cyber Style," so you'd know me if you saw me.)

Last edited:
Especially a 3080. Not nearly worth it to wait in line overnight.

Edit - Well, unless you have ulterior motives with it.

Unfortunately in the modern gig economy, it's likely more lucrative to wait in line overnight for eight hours and make even $100 profit than to drive for Uber or Door Dash for eight hours...

I blame the buyers that used bots. Just please don't buy off of eBay. Don't reward the flippers, make them hold until there's wider availability.

Anyone who uses a bot to flip is just plain scum.

Amazon.ca has the MSI cards up for order, you can add to cart but it has no shipping date.

Alright I give up. Last hope is Amazon magically posts them at some weird time and they message me prior to being sold out. Really curious to see if anyone got one in the US. GL peoples.

Back