What is Official 3080 Sales Time For Thursday?

saw a Ventus come in stock on best buy - was watching real time - button lit up yellow - clicked it.
was already logged in, with credit card on file -- should have been two clicks or so... as fast as I could manually click it's out of stock in cart.

darn the bots...

View attachment 279958

That's a glitch. It's doing it for everyone

Is there a captcha that can fool AI bots? Maybe etailer should have this for each rtx 3080 order. sigh

Only the lowest quality/stupidest bot herds. The smarter operators just outsource captcha breaking to people in the 3rd world who'll solve them for you for next to nothing.

What if someone screwed the DST thing up in the code, and it actually goes love at 1000?

Instantly sold out everywhere....

I had one in my cart on BestBuy website but wouldn't let me check out. Guessing someone was faster :(

Bargain ... :p

10k.jpg

I
derp derp.
The funniest thing about that, those are just placeholder prices - the links don't even GO anywhere. HOLY SHIT. Those "$1500" prices are what Nvidia is EXPECTING them to cost.

The Check Availability links are to "javascript:void(0);" lmao.

I'm so stupid. I should have been in line at microcenter so I could make a cool $9k on ebay today.

A completely new Monster Hunter for Switch was just announced this minute, fuck it, I don't need an RTX 3080 anyway.

cool. from where?

From that provantage website. Won't get my hopes up though but at least it went through compared to all the other sites where the card would drop off right as I went to pay.

The lovely thing about this is that we all win by having more time to evaluate the options. Well except for those who sold their cards last night, with no older card to fall back on, confident in availability this morning.

this also seems par for the course. We’ve been through Intel and AMD CPU paper launches in the last year. And well ATI and nVidia were doing this as far back as the early 2000s. Most likely we’ll have a second AMD paper launch in a month, limited supply for both through the holidays and then more Availability in the January timeframe unless geopolitical tensions (China/US) continue to escalate. I hope this isn’t the case but expect it will be.

I've checked every launch day since the GTX680 and this one is definately the fishiest, there was no ability to buy from nvidia store at launch time, the only place I was able to actually get a card into my cart was EVGA site, but I'm not buying a 3080, waiting for 3090, was using today as a test run.

So. next stock refresh? Jan? Feb? If the world makes it to then...lol

I've checked every launch day since the GTX680 and this one is definately the fishiest, there was no ability to buy from nvidia store at launch time, the only place I was able to actually get a card into my cart was EVGA site, but I'm not buying a 3080, waiting for 3090, was using today as a test run.
at this rate, a 3080 will be available when they said the 3070 would be, the 3090 will be available by 2021, and the 3070 will be out just in time to compete with intel's discrete GPU.

I was able to get one in my cart at evga, then website crashed and it's no more

at this rate, a 3080 will be available when they said the 3070 would be, the 3090 will be available by 2021, and the 3070 will be out just in time to compete with intel's discrete GPU.

I think this year the best chance of getting one is retail shops, which I haven't done since the 500 series.

Was able to "add to cart" an EVGA XC3 Ultra, but was OOS before checkout. I see 70+ in stock at my local Microcenter though.

Back