What is Newegg Doing?!?!?!?!

Mylex

Gawd
So I came across one of these yesterday and it was quickly deleted. I didn't think twice but now I came across a couple more.. Why are they shipping some EVGA XC3's without the box and just bubble wrapped like in the pics ? I personally keep all my boxes so I would have an issue with receiving one like thiis.
Reddit thread1
1.jpg

Reddit thread2
2.jpg

This actually happened to two different people on Reddit with the same card who bought from Newegg. I'm guessing there is probably more that haven't spoken up.

Something fishy is going on over there...at no one's surprise.

I can see a few people replying that they were sent bulk stock by accident but I don't understand how they would ship that to a non business customer when it was marked retail.

I can see a few people replying that they were sent bulk stock by accident but I don't understand how they would ship that to a non business customer when it was marked retail.
I have a feeling that whoever EVGA's distributor is screwed up shipments and sent a pre-built PC manufacturer's order to Newegg and Newegg's order to them. And instead of working out logistics Newegg made the (poor) judgement call to just ship these bulk cards to consumers and fulfill their orders immediately rather than have them wait a week or two for new stock to arrive.

Were these actually bought from Newegg themselves, or a marketplace listing on Newegg?

Newegg.

I have a feeling that whoever EVGA's distributor is screwed up shipments and sent a pre-built PC manufacturer's order to Newegg and Newegg's order to them. And instead of working out logistics Newegg made the (poor) judgement call to just ship these bulk cards to consumers and fulfill their orders immediately rather than have them wait a week or two for new stock to arrive.

Newegg.
Probably.. both talked about damage so I'm sure the geniuses in the warehouse that packed these sent the whole pallet full send.

Honestly, if the card worked I'd try and negotiate at least a $100-200 credit from Newegg for receiving a bulk item/product not as described. I wouldn't mind then.

funny if the whole ebay price scalping as actually to do with a lack of boxes rather than a lack of gpus

Reactions: oblox
like this
One of 3 things.

Newegg says to EVGA I will take whatever you can give me. Don’t waste a day packaging it.

EVGA is saying I can ship with our cards without packaging, packaging is X Days + 3 Days and no packaging is X.

Product packaging was damaged and they did not want to return it with such low inventories on hand.

That is about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Given that we have only seen a few of these, I am going to guess packaging was damaged extensively and Newegg wanted to sell anyway. That is my guess. I might change that guess if I see a lot more of these.

My freakin EVGA 3090 better not come like that or I will flip a lid. I have never went all out on a GPU....and if i got it like that, you are damn fucking right I want some money back.

Newegg Canada

Attachments

• E47EF019-167B-445F-A99B-3BABEE70B2C1.jpeg
    E47EF019-167B-445F-A99B-3BABEE70B2C1.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 0
I personally wouldn't care too much about the box itself, but I would be concerned about not getting any accessories, or it not being sufficiently packaged. Definitely should be sold at a lower price.

I personally wouldn't care too much about the box itself, but I would be concerned about not getting any accessories, or it not being sufficiently packaged. Definitely should be sold at a lower price.

I haven't seen many GPU boxes in the last few years that actually contain anything other than the GPU and maybe some stickers. You aren't missing much besides the box itself. My MSI Trio 3080 did come with a GPU Support Bracket but I don't think evga included those.

I haven't seen many GPU boxes in the last few years that actually contain anything other than the GPU and maybe some stickers. You aren't missing much besides the box itself.
Missing what is generally very form fitting and protective packaging to prevent the cards from being damaged in shipment....

Missing what is generally very form fitting and protective packaging to prevent the cards from being damaged in shipment....

Yeah lol, I forgot about the foam, but at least it looks like they bubble wrapped it. Regardless I wouldn't accept that, they should be exchanging it for a sealed box since that's exactly what was paid for.

Seems like Newegg alright. It's why I no longer buy anything from them. I bought a hard drive several years ago that came like that. Bare drive with a layer of bubble wrap around it. Of course it was DOA and when I sent it back they denied an exchange or refund due to the old "bent pins" BS. I have since spent roughly $3000 with Amazon and not a dime with Newegg since then.

I haven't seen many GPU boxes in the last few years that actually contain anything other than the GPU and maybe some stickers. You aren't missing much besides the box itself. My MSI Trio 3080 did come with a GPU Support Bracket but I don't think evga included those.

Interesting, I guess I haven't bought a GPU in awhile so that must have changed. Usually they at least throw in a couple of 8-pin adapters, or at least they used to. Not that most of us need them.

Interesting, I guess I haven't bought a GPU in awhile so that must have changed. Usually they at least throw in a couple of 8-pin adapters, or at least they used to. Not that most of us need them.

I haven't seen them include the 8pin adapters in at least a few years. All these bigs boxes are just packing foam, some stickers, oh and a CD lol.

According to Jacob, Newegg accidentally sent out bulk cards. They were meant for prebuilts (no retail packaging).

Is that anything like "accidentally" showing up to work naked?
I read that and had to think these guys know what a retail card should look like. I purchased oem drives and cups but never seen one card listed. I don't buy that excuse, if they were damaged or had to wait for boxes sound more reasonable.

Yep. With this one set of deliveries I can only quote Homer Simpson when I say, "D'oh!" Out!

Back