What is average size of BD ISO?

No, per unicorn.

unicorn_pink.jpg

But seriously, yes per disc, what else?

if you re-author with clown bd to movie only prob closer to 20gb on avg

From the same source, the average video size is 26,800,000,000 bytes, plus 2,000,000,000 bytes for audio, plus 4% overhead for the M2TS brings it closer to 30,000,000,000 bytes per video. You're off by ~50%.. not too bad. :p

From the same source, the average video size is 26,800,000,000 bytes, plus 2,000,000,000 bytes for audio, plus 4% overhead for the M2TS brings it closer to 30,000,000,000 bytes per video. You're off by ~50%.. not too bad. :p

Sorry, was based on the small sample of bd's i have ripped.

why do you want ISO format?

usually people are either ripping in folder structure or re-encoding. ISO are a pain, they still have all the FBI warnings and previews and non skippable content.... = annoying

makemkv or clownbd are decent tools....

also not all media players or game systems handle isos vary well

I never understood the "desire" to rip movies into ISOs, it's just rather dumb. Now, for software yeah. It makes a lot of sense then.

so if not ISO, how do i rip a BD in 1 file w/ menu and everything lossless?

thx

Excellent question. I being a nob have been wondering about this exact issue. You don't want lossless quality and you want to use the menus. An ISO is the only way I know of so far. If I understand it if you decrease the size you will lose quality, correct? The whole idea behind Blue Ray is the great picture and HD sound. So isn't creating container folders, transcoding/encoding to MKV tarnishing these features you bought Blue Ray for to be with? Might as well stick to DVD, no?

As I said I'm new at this and been somewhat confused during the learning process.

thanks

This discussion regards a practice that is often illegal in operation.

*people often lie about their only desire to make backup copies of their own Blu-Ray discs.

Excellent question. I being a nob have been wondering about this exact issue. You don't want lossless quality and you want to use the menus. An ISO is the only way I know of so far. If I understand it if you decrease the size you will lose quality, correct? The whole idea behind Blue Ray is the great picture and HD sound. So isn't creating container folders, transcoding/encoding to MKV tarnishing these features you bought Blue Ray for to be with? Might as well stick to DVD, no?

As I said I'm new at this and been somewhat confused during the learning process.

thanks

i heard that MKV will be lossless but when i tried it, it came out to be multiple files and no menus/sub title

or may me i use the wrong software if so please guide me

thx

makemkv does not lose video or audio quality, from what I know.

but the m2ts default folder structure like a vob for DVD is 1 way.

I rip my BRs to m2ts in about 4gb files

makemkv does not lose video or audio quality, from what I know.

but the m2ts default folder structure like a vob for DVD is 1 way.

I rip my BRs to m2ts in about 4gb files

yes but problem w/ makemkv is i do not get sub and menus

This discussion regards a practice that is often illegal in operation.

*people often lie about their only desire to make backup copies of their own Blu-Ray discs.

Correct, but there are those of us out there that *DO* want to know how to rip our own discs so thanks for pointing this out.

Back