What is Aquacomputing? What makes it different? Why the love? Why the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R1ckCa1n said:
The pumps are typically much louder than a low-flow configuration and typically the fans run louder due to the fact most high flowers are all about shaving off that 1/2c. Granted you can silence the fans but not the pumps.

That's odd that you say that, I'm running my 655 at 4 on the dial and my fans at 7V and the only thing I hear from my PC at all is the HDDs spin up when I start it. After that I hear the fans if I put my ear up to them. The pump I don't hear at all.

madmat said:
That's odd that you say that, I'm running my 655 at 4 on the dial and my fans at 7V and the only thing I hear from my PC at all is the HDDs spin up when I start it. After that I hear the fans if I put my ear up to them. The pump I don't hear at all.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1052672 need i say more?

Bbq said:
The flaming has already begun.

when doesn't it? i just hate it when people comment on items they know nothing more than what they read off a website. often realworld tells different results.

Bbq said:
Really, it depends on your needs. Nothing can be completely certain. You can have a Thermalright heatsink beat out some of the higher end watercooling systems, but it all depends. There are way too many variables.

agreed. there is new thread here about a guys APEX setup not performing much better than his XP120.

R1ckCa1n said:
I consider people like you who have been water cooling all of about a few months book smart and not real world smart since all you have is what you read off a website. Unless you can actually show that you have ran 5 different pumps, 10 different blocks in all tube sized (1/2" based, 3/8" based, 10mm based, 6mm based) configurations and can provide results I would say you are spreading FUD.

This is the same Erasmus that actually paid for a CuplexXT because you couldn't handle the curiousity?
Anyone who doubts Erasmus, theseeker, or TN when it comes to watercooling knowledge has not been around here long enough.

What they speak is the truth, if you can't handle it then please move along.

Erasmus354 said:
I'm sorry, but your wrong.

Low-Flow
* Can be quiet or not so quiet
* Can look cool or can look like crap
* Can be good or bad for long chains
* Can be expensive or can be quite cheap

High-Flow
* Can be quiet or not so quiet
* Can look cool or can look like crap
* Can be good or bad for long chains
* Can be expensive or can be quite cheap

Care to price out a cheep AC System? CPU, GPU, Resevoir, Pump, 120.2 Rad... Im betting high flow will come out cheeper. I wasnt able to find anything better / cheeper than

DD TDX + D5
Maze4 GPU
BIP2
Dual floppy res

when I did my build...

Not bashing AC, I know the performance can be just as good... but it seems as though to get equal performance you need to pay a lot more with AC.

-Cameron

This thread serves no purpose. The answers can easily be found by reading the millions of posts regarding this subject throughout other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back