What is an alternative to Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 that isn't plastic?

Probleminfected

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title says.
What is an alternative to Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 that isn't plastic and somewhat breakable?

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

41v3vgvbpUL._SY450_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Everything in a side by side like that that I've seen is mostly plastic, Fractals is nice, but still plastic and I believe it's only mATX. Node 804 I believe it's called. I have the 540, and I've taken this thing to lan after lan, it really isn't a fragile case, it's actually quite solid, it was rather surprising to me.

If you want to keep things in separate compartments though and have something similar, the Coolermaster HAF XB was the case I had before this, and the only plastic part was the front panel, everything else was really heavy duty metal, the panels were ROCK solid, and the air cooling was top notch.

Thanks

I checked out the cool master, but it doesn't support extended atx, so it's a no go. Looks like the 540 is going to be the winner.

Love my 540. Great case.

I love mine too. There are two things I don't like about it. No place to mount bottom fans and no dust covers on the bottom. Dust covers can be purchased online, but I have yet to see a good way to mount fans on the bottom.

I love mine too. There are two things I don't like about it. No place to mount bottom fans and no dust covers on the bottom. Dust covers can be purchased online, but I have yet to see a good way to mount fans on the bottom.

I agree. I've wanted to do that for a while now for an extra rad when I watercool the build I have planned for the summer. One thing I was thinking about is, I have a HAF 392 sitting in my closet, and they have room for 2x120mm fan mounts on the bottom, I was going to make a template from that, and then give the 540 some tlc with the dremel. Going to have to settle for the after market dust filter though as you stated.

My friend has the Corsair Air 540, he likes it personally. Plastic on Corsair products are very reliable though. I believe you made a great choice.

Back