What is a Ventus card?

Never heard of it. I would avoid.

lol why? it is still an MSI card, MSI Ventus series are just a tier down of the gaming Z series, the differences are only that Ventus doesn't have RBG and/or any other lighting, and they use the older TORX 2.0 Fans and cooling solution instead of the newer Twin Frozr 7 . they perform really well and overclock really well..

I would always check reviews for a particular card. I think all of MSI's models are better now. IIRC the Armor line was a subpar cooler but is now better...

I was looking at the MSI RTX 2060 Super and noticed about 4 different Ventus 2060 Super cards. The only difference I could tell was that the Ventus cards have a slightly lower boost clock and no RGB. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/comp...uper_Gaming_X/BHitems/1493594-REG_1493593-REG

Is that all?
The Ventus is just MSI's entry level graphics card line. They're fine. I'd probably go with EVGA myself, but there's nothing wrong with them, unless you feel the need to have RGB.

lol why? it is still an MSI card, MSI Ventus series are just a tier down of the gaming Z series, the differences are only that Ventus doesn't have RBG and/or any other lighting, and they use the older TORX 2.0 Fans and cooling solution instead of the newer Twin Frozr 7 . they perform really well and overclock really well..

Ah...thanks. I didn't know the Ventus didn't use Twin Frozr.

They are typically a 2 slot card that has a smaller heatsink. They are still good cards but certainly won't be the best OCers or quietest of the line up.

I have the MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC. It is a really nice card. I have it in a very well ventilated HAF 932 Advanced case and running +112 on the core and +1113 on the memory, it runs top 60c under full load. Great overclocker and great card. It was not too expensive and not a giant thing so it can fit into smaller cases. I recommend this lineup of MSI cards as they seem to do quite well.

I have the MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC. It is a really nice card. I have it in a very well ventilated HAF 932 Advanced case and running +112 on the core and +1113 on the memory, it runs top 60c under full load. Great overclocker and great card. It was not too expensive and not a giant thing so it can fit into smaller cases. I recommend this lineup of MSI cards as they seem to do quite well.
There is no way you only top out at 60c if it's under full load and overclocked. Even at the out of the box clocks 60c would be impossible unless you have a VERY aggressive fan profile that you are using. Heck even their Gaming X cards don't even run that low on temperatures.

Edit: Yep 67c under full gaming load even with the 3 fan Gaming X. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-x-trio/31.html

And you can clearly see on that comparison chart that not a single high-end cooling solution keeps the 2070 as cool as you are claiming your Ventus does.

Last edited:
I had the RTX 2060 Ventus OC XS and it was a good little card for gaming in a smaller case. I upgraded my case (still a matx case) to a Node 804 and was able to use a slightly larger card so I got one.

I've had two MSI cards for testing over the years. I've had problems with both of them. I like their motherboards (running one in my personal machine now), but I wouldn't buy their graphics cards with my own money. One of them has a terrible RMA history that sounds like some of those ASUS horror stories that make you shudder when you hear them.

The first one is a 980Ti that just quit working one day. Black screen, no video output on any connector. I threw it in a system on my test bench and duplicated the problem on a couple boards. It was RMA'ed to MSI. They sent it back saying it tested good and sent it back to my friend with bent the fins on the heat sink. The guy who had it before me had already replaced it and he gave me the card. It worked for a few days before going tits up again. I had him contact MSI before it died about the messed up heat sink and they pretty much said "no we didn't" and "it works doesn't it, quit crying about it." When it went belly up I had no money in it and my buddy had moved on to another card, so I just threw it in a cabinet where it sits today.

The second is an MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X-Trio that the FPSReview covered a few months back. After a few weeks on my test bench, it basically would shoot up to 100c almost the instant you fired up a game. Obviously, nothing was stable like that. So, test cards we are sent for review have no warranty on them. I ended up pulling the heat sink apart (PITA) and reapplying thermal paste. It looks like it had been applied by "that friend" who gets drunk at parties and pisses everywhere but inside the toilet bowl.

Last edited:
I have owned at least 10 MSI cards and they're the only brand that I've never ever had a single issue with. Their gaming x models are usually about the highest rated video cards out there.

I have owned at least 10 MSI cards and they're the only brand that I've never ever had a single issue with. Their gaming x models are usually about the highest rated video cards out there.

I agree with you.
I've had two different 1080Ti Gaming X and they were both quiet and good performance cards.
I also had 980Ti Gaming X which I had no issues with.

It's not just MSI GPUs I like, but even their motherboards.

Using a Ventus 2070 super, and as it runs warm (70-75C in games at 90+ fan speed), I'm pretty happy with it.

There is no way you only top out at 60c if it's under full load and overclocked. Even at the out of the box clocks 60c would be impossible unless you have a VERY aggressive fan profile that you are using. Heck even their Gaming X cards don't even run that low on temperatures.

Edit: Yep 67c under full gaming load even with the 3 fan Gaming X. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-x-trio/31.html

And you can clearly see on that comparison chart that not a single high-end cooling solution keeps the 2070 as cool as you are claiming your Ventus does.

Well that is their results, not mine. I see and report what I see. Now, as I did this when it was a bit cooler in my place w/o AC on (live a mile up in mountains @ above 5k ft), I waited until I got a nice hot day and made sure the window was closed with no fan circulating the air. It got up to 72. However, this is OCed to 1113 mem and 112 gpu. The fan curve is slightly aggressive as all should know that factory fan curves are crap for any vid card. It is not constant 90% or anything, but does have a low in the 35% range and every 10 degrees it gets up there and seems to max at about 85%. I use the Kumbustor Physx for GPU which pushes it to 99% (100 effectively) and that is when I got my 72c. Even with all that being pushed, I could barely hear the fans as my Vardars at half rpm (EKWB Custom CPU loop) seem to drown it out (yeah they can be loud!) I have my gaming rig housed in a Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced, which, if you google pics of that, is a huge case with tons of airflow. So, lesson here to learn is that what you may perceive as improbable or impossible might not be the case (no pun intended) I must say, though, given how well the loop does for my CPU, I am thinking of trying to get one setup for my GPU and see if I can OC further! Love this card!

Back