What $ is a good deal for 1TB SSD on Black Friday?

Is $240 as good a deal as we can expect this Black Friday week for a 1TB SSD?

I would hope a 1TB SSD would be cheaper than that on BF. I paid around $175 a few years back on BF for one of my 1TB SSDs. With that said SSD prices have not really dropped in years.

Just last week I was trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on a 1 TB SSD now or wait; but I wanted a second 850 Evo in particular. The BF pricing that was out at the time wasn't very helpful towards that decision. I ended up just purchasing the drive, based on the prices for the lower capacity drives I don't expect to see a huge deal on 1 TB drives, and for the Samsung especially.

That's too bad, because last year the 500 MX 300 was down to 99, so I would expect at least the same discount - meaning the 1TB would go down to $200. I'll keep waiting, I'm in no rush frankly. I have 2 SSDs for windows and steam, but I'd like to get rid of my 1TB HDD.

That's too bad, because last year the 500 MX 300 was down to 99, so I would expect at least the same discount - meaning the 1TB would go down to $200. I'll keep waiting, I'm in no rush frankly. I have 2 SSDs for windows and steam, but I'd like to get rid of my 1TB HDD.
It was the 750gb mx300 for $100

I think it was about 1.5 years ago I paid $212 for Muskin 1tb. Hard to say if you can beat $240 this year.

I think it was about 1.5 years ago I paid $212 for Muskin 1tb. Hard to say if you can beat $240 this year.

Mushkin has great customer service too. One of the few American companies left.

I'd say you *might* get close to $200 if there are Visa Checkout coupons, Amex coupon, cash back, or whatever 3rd party coupons you may be able to find.

Edit: I have a 500GB 850 Evo i use for gaming. I honestly wouldn't mind upgrading to a 1TB Evo due to how large these texture packs are lately

Doesn't sound like it's a smart moment to buy an SSD then. Frankly I don't need it, but I do want a 1TB SSD to keep more of my steam library downloaded (the current 500gb SSD is good, but always forces me to delete something to install some other game more often than I'd like). I'm not about to pay $40 extra just because though. All this NAND price inflation nonsense seems to be ending in the spring of 2018, so it's not too long a wait. My wallet will remain happy this Black Friday, I've already bought a PS4 1TB for $200 so I'm good :D

Just have a storage hard drive and move stuff over from steam as needed to the HD. Steam makes it easy to swap games between drives now.

Welp, it's official: this black friday sucks for 1TB SSDs. Even the Crucial isn't on sale anymore. Guess many of us will just wait until NAND prices stabilize.

I bought a Mushkin 1TB SSD around a year and a half ago, too. At CAD $250, if I remember correctly.

Still going strong, only using it for games.

I was waiting for this for a while, sucked it up and bit the bullet on the newegg 850 EVO 1 TB @ $279-$10 coupon, At least I'm already using Magician.

Back