What is a 24" 240hz+ LED monitor with great contrast ratios and black levels?

Vyr

n00b
Hey, I don't know if this question has been posted before (doesn't seem to have been in the "already discussed" list). Does anyone know of a 24" 240hz+ LED monitor with great contrast ratios AND black levels? I've been looking online and so far the only LED monitors which are 240hz and 24" have had poor contrast ratio and black levels judging from the reviews made of them. I don't want anything bigger than 24" 1080p because it's too big for me, I know most monitors are 4k and like 27" now and I hate it. I will continue searching in the mean time, but will appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited:
No, don’t know that there’s anything meeting all those requirements.

No, don’t know that there’s anything meeting all those requirements.
I haven't found any either except for a lot of ViewSonic monitors 90% of which are like 27" at least. The only 24" ones all have terrible contrast ratio and black levels (at least from the reviews I read). I guess I'll be sticking to this 120hz one for the rest of my life since 24" monitors will soon be extinct.

I believe running as high as 240Hz(+) will have detrimental effects on contrast on most panels out there today, at least that's what I noticed on my BenQ 240Hz one (and also less sharp looking) so stuck with the strobing mode + 144Hz which seemed like a good compromise (UFO test looks nearly perfect, still a bit blurry tail at 240Hz without strobing in comparison for example). The strobing on BenQ only seems to affect brigtness and you can turn it just slightly higher and you'll be seeing the same result eitherway (who cares if you have to set brightness to like 24 or 32). I think it's probably too expensive to bring out some really high quality gear that can handle 240Hz with minimal loss to other properties of image quality so you'll have to pick your priorities (or compromise like I did).

Reactions: Vyr
like this
Is it the BenQ Zowie XL2411P model you are talking about? I guess I could settle for 144hz, thanks for the suggestion.

Back