What I learned today about Vista

Oh well, I guess all you are paying for in the end is something that looks good on your resume.

Well, this what I learned about Motor vehicle accidents today:

1. If your about to hit an on coming car at 100 M/hr, open your door, jump out and run backwards really fast. The two accelerations cancel and its just like standing on solid ground.
2. A V8 is actually just two inline 4's in parrallel.
3. All modern cars, after an accident, will have the CPUs in their digital fuel injection units exchange their insurance information.
4. The New seats are designed in an S shape so as to accomodate the next alien invasion.
5. After an accident Panadas will jump out of applicable storm gutters and wash your wind shield with liquid bamboo.
6. A V8 is actually just two inline 4's in parrallel.

I out random you.

lol......yeah i have had computer classes like that before.

I can never decide if i should just laugh and shrug it off or stand up and scream, "WTF!!!!"

I took an A+/Network + class 10 years ago. When the instructor would say something that really didn't apply to the real world, I would say something at first.

Then I realized, for the purposes of the test, it didn't really matter what the real world said. To pass the class, I had to pass the test.

Well I'm going to wait and see on this. Unfortunately, I'm not one of the 'cool guys' who stands around outside of the class on break talking about how badass their ubuntu boxes are, or how they used remote assistance to fuck with their brother. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but bragging it in real life is 10x more annoying that people who do online. I'd rather go to a red-neck convention.

I used to be one of those guys until I got a job actually repairing computers, not just sitting in class talking about repairing computers. That was when I realized that I didn't know diddly squat.

I still stood outside during break, but after my revelation, it was more for laughs.

I have been known in my class of being a smart ass with computers, but when something goes wrong I usually must have had a hand in why the computer is "broken." I love when I show them that all they have to do is a simple step and the problem is gone. I am definitely going to get my A+ Cert.

[Begin rant]

On a side note; I really like it when two kids piss me off in class because they know it effects me. One is a senior who always talks shit about how much he knows (bullshit) and also likes to talk about me behind my back and the other pisses me off and tries to be the tough guy.

[/Rant]

Oh well, I guess all you are paying for in the end is something that looks good on your resume.

I took an A+/Network + class 10 years ago. When the instructor would say something that really didn't apply to the real world, I would say something at first.

Then I realized, for the purposes of the test, it didn't really matter what the real world said. To pass the class, I had to pass the test.

Yep, that's what it's all about. Tests have nothing to do with what goes on in the real world, and you are just paying for the credibility. Which does not equate to experience. It's a great system. ;)

Well I'm going to wait and see on this. Unfortunately, I'm not one of the 'cool guys' who stands around outside of the class on break talking about how badass their ubuntu boxes are, or how they used remote assistance to fuck with their brother. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but bragging it in real life is 10x more annoying that people who do online. I'd rather go to a red-neck convention.

If I were to say something, they probably would think I have no clue what I'm talking about anyways. I mean seriously, if you believe this crap, you probably have a hard time remembering to breath, let alone being able to deal with someone giving you a face full of truth.

I might say something next week if more lies are spoke.

Well, it's getting late, I have to finish up my 2nd installation of 32bit version of Crysis, in order to take full advantage of my Vista x64. (sorry, had to)
If you can go in and show them facts that back up what you say then you'll be fine.

If you go in and start calling them out then they will all band together and call you a liar or say you don't know what you're talking about.

For the amount of money that you spend on college, don't get short changed from your professors.

And this is the sad ass world we live in now. It's just about passing or passing the buck while never really learning anything correct or challenging any views. *Sigh*...Sadly I was in the same boat in many college courses. What the world wants and what the world is are two different sides of the same coin.

I once took a Windows class cause I wanted to learn some more stuff about XP, the class ended up being about 2000. Oh well, the instructor was cool, ended up being an old DOSphile so we ended up having alot of fun with the students looking on going WTF is this black screen with white letters, it looks dangerous.

bring a box to school w/vista and prove them wrong.

32-bit:
2 to the power of 32 = 4,294,967,296

2 x 32-bit:
2 x 2^32 = 8,589,934,592

64-bit:
2 to the power of 64 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,616

Put 16Gb on RAM in your system, see if Vista 64-bit uses them. If so, it's true 64-bit, it not, well blame yourself for buying 16Gb or RAM, ram-lover!

32-bit:
2 to the power of 32 = 4,294,967,296

2 x 32-bit:
2 x 2^32 = 8,589,934,592

64-bit:
2 to the power of 64 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,616

Put 16Gb on RAM in your system, see if Vista 64-bit uses them. If so, it's true 64-bit, it not, well blame yourself for buying 16Gb or RAM, ram-lover!

That's all true, but remember 64bit processors don't have a full 64bit memory bus. Although it should run 16gig peachy =P

actual test question from a girl on the phone... yes, she was on the phone calling me during the test(i think it was from a community college, so go figure)

Who controls the internet ?

A. United States
B. China
C. Europe
D. Russia
E. OPEC

None of the above was NOT an answer... who do they pay to teach these classes, seriously.

actual test question from a girl on the phone... yes, she was on the phone calling me during the test(i think it was from a community college, so go figure)

A. United States
B. China
C. Europe
D. Russia
E. OPEC

None of the above was NOT an answer... who do they pay to teach these classes, seriously.

OPEC.

Everyone in this thread is taking a nice long cruise on the FAILBOAT

"We need to reduce our dependence on foreign internets!"

Or...

"Our intertubes have been causing the ice caps to melt. We need to find safer, cleaner alternatives to intertubes."

Then, Al Gore can re-invent the internet. Again.

/*************************

disclaimer: Yes, I know Al Gore didn't really say that.

*************************/

Global Tubing:

At the current production rate of Epic Phails on the intertubes, we have less than 50 years before the human race reaches a critical point in idiocy and the world infrastructure collapses and Al Gore takes over the world.

A. United States
B. China
C. Europe
D. Russia
E. OPEC

What did they say?
If it was who owns the most root servers, where it was mainly developed, etc, etc... I understand the US on that one.
But otherwise, kinda stupid question.

See- perfect example here why you have to pay attention even if the instructor is wrong- or you fail the test.

Mr. Parallel 32 bit today explained his theory. Because Call of Duty 4 and WoW install into the x86 folder, and no programs he has (including DX10) installs into x64, that means it's parallel 32 bit because 32+32=64 and it has 2 program folders, one for 32 bit and the other for the 32+32 bit programs .... that don't exist yet.

Mr. Parallel 32 bit today explained his theory. Because Call of Duty 4 and WoW install into the x86 folder, and no programs he has (including DX10) installs into x64, that means it's parallel 32 bit because 32+32=64 and it has 2 program folders, one for 32 bit and the other for the 32+32 bit programs .... that don't exist yet.

What a nutcase.

Do you have Vista x64 on a laptop? Take it to him and ask him what the hell Internet Explorer (64 bit) is... if 64 bit software doesn't exist.

You could go over all the technical details, but being this jackass has no clue- ask him the simple stuff like that, and put him on the spot.

@bigdogchris

"because 32+32=64" oh you can count numbers at your school?

What is your teacher teaching you at your school? what a Prat.

A 'Prat' means "to behave in an unintelligent way, especially when this causes exasperation or leads to time-wasting"

I was hoping you would ID the school but no such luck. BTW, would this be a christian school?

I was hoping you would ID the school but no such luck. BTW, would this be a christian school?

Excuse me??? Idiots are everywhere.

BTW, I can only assume you want to know the ID of the school for stupid and/or illegal reasons.

Did anyone else just get sucked back to 1995 and the argument about the Atari Jaguar being truely 64-bit or just 32+32? :p

DO THE MATH!™

:D

That is exactly what I was thinking!!

I had an instructor in a CS course who didn't know what Ctrl + v did....:(

Like Woody Allen said... "if you can't do, teach. If you can't teach, teach Computer Science." OK, it was really Phys Ed, but I updated...;)

Wow, i wish i had gotten to this sooner.

about the vista only on 1g thing.

DOes anyone remember when bestbuy ran an add/special for a compaq laptop. vista bsic, 512ram, 80g hard drive... they sold out of those. so, obviously we all knew that vista CAN run on 1g, but now we also know FOR SURE that vista can run on 512. 256... ehh, show me and ill believe

makes sense to me..

i mean 32+32 == 64 right?

also if you have dual core running 64bit that is 64+64 .. which makes your system equal to 128bit..

what part of that doesn't make sense?

I didn't read most of the thread but I hope you were being sarcastic...

Wow, i wish i had gotten to this sooner.

about the vista only on 1g thing.

DOes anyone remember when bestbuy ran an add/special for a compaq laptop. vista bsic, 512ram, 80g hard drive... they sold out of those. so, obviously we all knew that vista CAN run on 1g, but now we also know FOR SURE that vista can run on 512. 256... ehh, show me and ill believe

Well, thats if you call Vista Basic and 512 MB of RAM 'running':D

Back