What has Video Gaming taught you?

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
Like the title says what has video games taught you?

In my personal experience video games have taught me that teamwork is very important and without it you will not be able to reach many goals by yourself...so what has video games taught you?

That terrorists are a bad thing and that you must shoot them and diffuse the bomb ? :p

I dont really know, I dont learn very much from video games besides what you stated

People are immature. People are greedy. People rarely are willing to help unless it can somehow benefit them.

Those are the bads, the good things:

Teamwork
Knowing your role.
Aim.
Typing skills with a beer in one hand

it's a good test to see if your girlfriend is wife material. If she gets pissed off if you want to play for an hour when you aren't doing anything together get rid of her.

also I've learned that looking in barrels and boxes can often lead to surprises.
one of the great misleading myths of video games is: eating mushrooms gives you powers..
mushrooms do not grant you super powers. some may make you think you have them, but be careful what you eat.

that I can shoot a gun in games, that makes me wonder how good of shooter would I be in real life... I need volunteers

The bad ... online personas that are not real, an outlet for some people's antisocial tendencies: That every male who plays online games is wealthy, smarter than me, dates supermodels, has a better computer than me, is a badass that nobody better mess with in game or in RL, and worthy of my undying respect and admiration. Some people think it's ok to act very evil to each other online because they expect they will never see or meet the person on the other end. These problems are mostly confined to online gaming though.

The good: Teamwork, camaraderie with people you don't know, bringing out my competitive instincts in something other than sports, etc. You could argue it's good for the reflexes and that mastering a game teaches persistence. Just fooling around with video drivers and hardware/OS in general to build/maintain a good gaming rig will teach you a lot about the industry and IT world in general.

video games taught me that a true man never dies... even when he's killed...

no wait I think I got that somewhere else...

other than what's been said, video games taught me:

drift racing... or at least the mechanics of it. saved my life when I actually did lose control in the snow... drifted to the left... then across 3 lanes the other way... then got it all back under control... scary stuff but instead of being scared shitless, I felt pumped... I was like damn NFS really did do something right in a game for once...

That pushing a button on a mouse obviously teaches me how to fire a kalashnikov assault rifle.

Walking into every unlocked house in a town and taking all the items I can find won't anger anyone and they will all be willing to talk to me and usually give me some boring courier work to do.

Video games have taught me:
-The need for a mute button in real life
-The need for a votekick in real life
-When shot at just jump around

Video games taught me that I can run around in dark rooms munching magic pills and listen to repedative electronic music. Cherries and other assorted fruits give me extra points which adds up getting extra lives.

1) games have taught me that real life would be much better if I could quick save every so often

2) games have taught me that real life would be much better if I could absorb lotsa bullets and correct it with some pills and stuff

3) games have taught me that real life would be much better if I had some nudity patches I could apply every so often along with some God mode action.

also, always rescue the princess!

They've taught me that the majorety of everyone out there does not want a fair battle in life that everyone would rather have the odds stacked in their favour than actually fight for their sucess, join any team based game and you'll always see one side getting owned because all the good players are together on one side not only with the best players but the largest number of players, universally gay.

They also taught me that when the world meets its end (be it demons, aliens, nuclear war etc..) I will know how to survive. right......

They've trained me to suppress my moral compass while committing senseless acts of violence.

It taught me all kinds of weapons and their basic mechanics. (No, I am not a maniacal killer.)

I will never play real golf, because I got one mother of a slice...

Online video games have taught me that kids these days aren't doing there grammer homewurk.

I can say "up up down down left right left right B A Select Start" to give me and a friend 99 lives.

You shouldn't play MMO if you are in a relationship with somebody that are not into video game at all.

My seven years relationship ended four months ago to MMO.:( Doesn't matter too much through. I still got my other girlfriend.. my PC. :p I just hope she wont leave me too.

...That id rather be in my room playing BF2 than out with my friends.

Big thanks to the internet. :D

PS. It also taught me all about stat padders and loser haxors...take the good with the bad.

This post made my friend, who gave up gaming for women (his current woman rather), laugh until tears started flowing. Some of this shit should go on nerdy black t-shirts.

video games taught me to upgrade my PC every 6 months !!! :cool:

I'm 50% convinced that playing the splinter cell games has increased my chances of surviving a situation in real life where I'm in dark environment and I have to silently kill someone who's looking for me :D

That no matter what, there's no way I can't live in a game.

That I don't really like driving cars.

Back