What hardware would work best

tmoran000

n00b
So I am looking to build a new computer that I want to serve 2 purposes. I will need it to run Blue Iris NVR software for my security cameras, streaming and recording. The second task is to run my Elgato HD60 Pro to screen capture tv, gaming and to stream.

My question is that since I am hoping to run both on 1 machine but I don't want them to take away too much from the other, would it be better to build 1 bad ass machine like an intel I9 or Threadripper or would it be better to run 2 lesser machines. Like a i7 or Ryzan. I don't have the $$ for 2 high end but The cost of 1 high end or 2 moderate would be about the same. Im more worried that they will impact each other or is there enough processing on a high end pc/ram to do this kind of work.

Looking for ideas. Thanks anyone who has some insight.

No one with an opinion? 1 super pc running 2 programs vs 2 good pc's running 1 program a piece...

I think one super PC would be overkill, not to mention expensive. Do you currently have those softwares installed in another PC? Check how much CPU and memory they use, and then come back and tell us

I think one super PC would be overkill, not to mention expensive. Do you currently have those softwares installed in another PC? Check how much CPU and memory they use, and then come back and tell us
I don't have them installed on anything at the moment. I know that Video Capture and rendering can be pretty intensive and to have 6 or 8 cameras all recording and rendering can be intensive. Just don't have an exact limit for each. I guess I I can invest 700$ per machine I should be good. I am leaning towards 2 Intel machines with Quicksync since both are video applications

I learned many decades ago that several purpose-built pcs will stomp a super system any day of the week. Plus a system crash can take down more than one thing if all the eggs are in one basket.

Back