What happens when WD meet Beretta .40

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
Berretta 90-two
.40 Caliber
180 gr. Full Metal Jacket :eek:
My Client , Bob Baratta (Ironic Name :D ) is a marksmen and was kind enough to, at my direction , assure his old drive would not fall into the wrong hands............Enjoy

The proper way to dispose of a clients failed HD:

WD40.jpg

WD40B.jpg

wd40c.jpg

wd40d.jpg

Yes, he took three shots.He shot a couple cell phones for me too but that was not on topic lol

Yes, he took three shots.He shot a couple cell phones for me too but that was not on topic lol

Wait, you own a gunshop right? Why not something with a little more "bang"?

Or maybe something that goes *BANG* without a trigger. ;)

As much as I want to see more, I love WD and I wouldn't wish for another one to fail on him.

Wait, you own a gunshop right? Why not something with a little more "bang"?

No, I own a Cell Phone Store. I have a very diverse customer base here in New Haven CT.

I get marksmen, FBI, State Police , Professors, What appear to be social misfits, thiefs , murderers.you name it .It is never a dull moment. I also do computer repair and in this case , his recondtioned HD (courtesy of Emachines .....clicked clicked and died. I had a 60 giger laying around and the rest is history :cool:

I he is in fact a pistol marksmen but he does have a Berreta target rifle he custom modded to the point where it garnered interest from thier factory and they sent a rep to the range to take a look. His name is Bob Barrata and since his name was so close and his rifle was so well done, they gave him a Real nice Jacket with the Berretta name Embroidered accross the back. I do not know enough about it to say, he gave me the specs of the round. I assume it was a pistol given the large caliber

Ha ha! This totally made my day! Thanks for posting those pictures of a hard drive going bye bye. :D :D

Supposedly the only way to completely destroy a disk is to lower the platters in acid.

Post here, i will be the " I shot my hard drive" thread lol:cool:

Supposedly the only way to completely destroy a disk is to lower the platters in acid.

well, so what method does the Air Force use to wipe the HDs of spy planes when they go crashing down?

I was hoping for some AE50 (Desert Eagle) shots or perhaps something like a little M83A1:cool: :D

well, so what method does the Air Force use to wipe the HDs of spy planes when they go crashing down?

Probably something similar to Ethan Hunt's little mission briefing devices. "This will self-destruct in five seconds." :D

<smoke>

Thermite, possibly. I seem to recall that during the Cold War the NSA mounted thermite devices on top of all their filing cabinets to destroy them quickly if needed. I can't find a source for this, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Aint you ever see CSI? They can take parts of the platter and attacth to a new platter and read the data! You fail! ...or was that a cd....or did they remove the platter and place it in a new drive.... lol

Aint you ever see CSI? They can take parts of the platter and attacth to a new platter and read the data! You fail! ...or was that a cd....or did they remove the platter and place it in a new drive.... lol

QFT, CSI is a good science fiction show :p

Here is what happens when a WD meets a .223 Remington hollow-point.

1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_2_l.jpg

1173299289VwQTSf7wzf_1_1_l.jpg

The rounds generally passed clean through, unless they hit something inside tough enough to expand the bullet. Once that happened, it blew the two large holes through the drive. I've got a couple of CD drives I did the same thing to.

I also see them magically hacking into computers too and forgetting a lot of critical steps when accessing a computer for forensic purposes

I'm glad you guys like it, it felt good to shoot it. It took valuable intel with it so I had to "take it out". Let's hope no other hardware fails. Well I did do a gas weed wacker and an electric chain saw........I like the .223 HD Dan......maybe next time I need to "silence" some hardware I use my M40A1 .308......Oohrah!!..Get Some!!!

I'm glad you guys like it, it felt good to shoot it. It took valuable intel with it so I had to "take it out". Let's hope no other hardware fails. Well I did do a gas weed wacker and an electric chain saw........I like the .223 HD Dan......maybe next time I need to "silence" some hardware I use my M40A1 .308......Oohrah!!..Get Some!!!

This is what I used to deliver the pain to the drive.

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

I used hollow points on the drive, but the last shot shows some other ammunition I have. Steel tipped 5.56mm NATO rounds.

Back