What happens if Red Dead 2 absolutely SUCKS!?

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Most hyped upcoming game of the last 2 years... enough said.

If it ended up being an absolute piece of crap, would this break the internet?

So much hype, it would be absolutely EMBARASSING if RDR2 was downright terrible.

What would happen if it was absolute shyte?

I don't give a shit about it. If they make a PC version or at least include kb+mouse support on the console then I might have minimal interest in it.

I think it will go along as planned...there is a big following. I don't think Rockstar would mess up a good thing...especially if they can figure out microtransactions like GTA online.

giphy.gif

Fuck, people, what is wrong with you guys? It's being deemed as one of the most detailed games ever made, it's a pure labor of love from the developers taking in everything that was great about the original and mixing it with fantastic gameplay, physics, acting, and story. If that isn't fantastic, check out some of the gameplay videos we've had access to as of recent.This sort of diatribe/tripe isn't really warranted, but with everything great, there has to be some pissing and moaning, as is the norm.

It would be sad, of course. But... there's always a chance it'll be shit, just recall what happened with Alien Colon Marines and ME Andgrodenema... don't pre-order it and wait for the reviews and you'll be fine either way...

What do you mean what happens? If it sucks then it...sucks?

It’d just be another Mass Effect Andromeda. So if you need a reference just use that.

R* built on and improve what they have. They'll be fine...probably buggy until a few patches but fine still.

I hate this game and haven't even played it yet, I hate it so much I have no problem visiting and reading threads about something I hate so much. Here I am, hating away, look at meeeeee.

I don't give a shit about it. If they make a PC version or at least include kb+mouse support on the console then I might have minimal interest in it.

Dude, I've read a couple of your game reviews....

If this was releasing on PC, you'd be doing backflips.

But, since you have to wait a bit; you're acting all pissy lol

- This will be a day one purchase for me and a damn good reason to dust off the ole xbone.

Also, I could see this being a "10" to "8.5" type game. But no way is it gonna be terrible....

Quick video about early impressions. Some good takeaways. I'm pretty excited about a lot of aspects, but the hunting and wildlife portions are really interesting.

Last edited:
Dude, I've read a couple of your game reviews....
OK thanks I guess, why is that relevant?

If this was releasing on PC, you'd be doing backflips.
I would, but it isn't releasing on PC is it? Then what is your point?

But, since you have to wait a bit; you're acting all pissy lol
They categorically denied any possibility of a PC release. Now if they lied and will release it anyway: Fuck em! If they didn't lie and they really don't want to release it on PC, well fuck em all the same.

I made the mistake of purchasing GTAV for PS3, after painfully playing trough maybe 25% of it in months I got rid of it. And when they released the PC version I was finally able to actually enjoy the game. They never released a pc version of RDR, and I won't make the same mistake twice. It is basically the same game, just replace gangsters with cowboys. I mean control wise it is the same as GTA.

I'm sure it'll stay the same fundamentals and controls wise, it's pointless to change a formula that works. However the layers of depth this game (allegedly) will make GTA V look like a game made by the feeble minded (I kid, but I'm sick and it's late, and I can't think of another analogy right now that'll get the job done). The last video I posted absolutely justified some of those initial "No way" comments from me when I first saw the initial videos and read the buzz stories. Companies talk a big game, but it's an entirely different sentiment when they actually deliver on those promises.

I get if you hate controllers or whatever the justified hate for is, but to dismiss a game just because it won't come out on a certain platform (AND you have access to that platform) seems odd to me. Different stokes I suppose, we all have our opinions.

So far I have been dissapointed with most of Rockstars games, the only one I actually finished was Max Payne 3.

I have tried a bunch of the GTA's, they don't do much for me, in the last one I got like 5 orso q's done after the prologue, don't even know where to get more stuff to do, the only quest i see on the map I can't get to

So it would surprise me if the game was actually any good for me.

I get if you hate controllers or whatever the justified hate for is, but to dismiss a game just because it won't come out on a certain platform (AND you have access to that platform) seems odd to me. Different stokes I suppose, we all have our opinions.
I hate controllers because I can't aim with them. It's not that I just decided to hate them arbitrarily. I wish I could enjoy games with it, but I Can't! It doesn't have to be on the pc, just add support for KB/Mouse. If they fear it will unbalance MP, hell only add support for the sp mode.

I hate controllers because I can't aim with them. It's not that I just decided to hate them arbitrarily. I wish I could enjoy games with it, but I Can't! It doesn't have to be on the pc, just add support for KB/Mouse. If they fear it will unbalance MP, hell only add support for the sp mode.

That’s fair and understandable, I was just generalizing because there wasn’t much detail in some people’s posts about the negativity. I can sympathize for sure, it’s tough to go from a mouse to analog sticks, it sometimes just doesn’t translate well even with practice.

Reactions: M76
like this
Don't buy it until the general consensus is that it doesn't suck? I waited one or two weeks before buying GTA5 on PC, due to overwhelming consensus that it was awesome, I bought it.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm tempted to pick up a console for this. The original RDR was one of the only couple games I played on my PS2. Winters coming and it's when I tend to do most my gaming.

i'm going to get this for my ps4 pro
probably pick it up on pc again in 2 years for modding

If you don't give a shit about it, why fucking post in a thread about it?!

I, for one, am looking forward to this game. RDR was one of my favorite PS3 games.

I happen to know Eshelman is an alright guy but there were edge kids before GTA5 swearing it was "gonna totally suck" too.

Anything with huge hype and some people have a compulsion to be contrarian.

I've been waiting 8 years for this title - RDR is in my Top3 of all time. GTA5 was the most profitable entertainment product of all time, and the same insanely perfectionist creative forces are behind and building upon that success to produce RDR2; thus the notion of it "sucking" is as unlikely as no sun in the sky tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm hyped for this game too. Personally, I don't think this game will be anything short of spectacular.

I'm real curious how RDR online is going to be. I'm happy to see they're pushing out the release date on that until November.

GTA online launch was a real problem. Overloaded servers for weeks on end.

That’s fair and understandable, I was just generalizing because there wasn’t much detail in some people’s posts about the negativity. I can sympathize for sure, it’s tough to go from a mouse to analog sticks, it sometimes just doesn’t translate well even with practice.
I've had time to practice since the ps2 era, that was the first console I owned. (twice) That twelve years didn't really make it easier.

You clearly enjoyed similar albeit worse games than RD2. (Mad Max for one)
That's a bold statement about a game nobody played yet. I'd say MadMax is a better game than GTAV, and infinitely better than Max Payne 3. At least those are known quantities. So it's not like having rockstar logo on it guarantees a great game.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm tempted to pick up a console for this. The original RDR was one of the only couple games I played on my PS2. Winters coming and it's when I tend to do most my gaming.

I did that and made a mistake.
Bought PS4 Pro only to play Horizon. Ended up ditching it and enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda a lot more (on the PC).
Then I bought The Last of Us and it kinda redeemed my purchase.
But right now my PS4 is with my 6 year old nephew. I feel that's where it belongs.

I enjoyed the first RDR on PS3 and loved it. I may actually have a reason to get a PS4 now, but that is doubtful. Have already invested in a PC and I see no reason for it not to be ported. Both the XboxOne and the PS4 use an AMD processor and the IBM CPU on older console gens is no longer an excuse.

it won't suck completely...but if it disappoints then Rockstar will get a pass because they've earned it based on their previous successes

Possibly, but more idiots have learned how to tweet since their last release. :D

I did that and made a mistake.
Bought PS4 Pro only to play Horizon. Ended up ditching it and enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda a lot more (on the PC).
Then I bought The Last of Us and it kinda redeemed my purchase.
But right now my PS4 is with my 6 year old nephew. I feel that's where it belongs.

Lot of good games coming out though to make it worth it. Not to mention the games that are out, like God of War or Spider-Man. I get if you're not interested in both, but the former is one of the best gaming experiences of this generation, period (IMO of course, but also a lot of others opinions as well).

Meh,

Unless my wife demands I buy it on release I won't even get around to buying it until it drops in price with my current backlog. I'll know by then if it's crap or not. If it's crap I'll just play something else.

I give that less than a 1% of happening, but anything is possible. If it does suck I see Rockstar going above and beyond to make it right.

I never had the massive boner for RDR that a lot of people did. That said, I did play it and enjoy it, so eventually I'll likely pick up RDR2 (on sale, probably).

I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to outright deny a PC version now only to later release it on the PC so that they can double dip on some sales.

I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to outright deny a PC version now only to later release it on the PC so that they can double dip on some sales.

Totally possible. Supposedly the "absolutely not coming to PC" statement was translated literally without any linguistic context. I just don't have the patience to wait for it this time. They were always vague and coy with GT5. This time they've been a little more decisive and the first game doesn't exactly set a good precedent for a port.
I'm sure I'll despise the 30fps gameplay and massive loading times, but I just can't wait 2 years for the possibility of a port.

Back