What happens if Red Dead 2 absolutely SUCKS!?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Eshelmen, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Viper87227

Viper87227 [H]ard as it Gets

Never going to happen. Rockstar has the money and talent to ensure it'll be a fantastic game.

People can be bitter all they want about it (maybe) not coming to PC, but that doesn't change that it'll be a damn good game. Thankfully, I have enough of a backlog that I can be patient. If by this time next year there is still no word on a PC version, I'll probably pick it up on PS4 at that point for a discount and be happy either way.

DPI, BiH115 and Viper16 like this.
  2. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

1. I am upset it won't come to PC, because that is where a work of art like this game belongs. Consoles just limit what they can do.

2. I am happy that there is another exclusive for me to enjoy on my PS4. This doesn't override one, but it is second.

3. It'll be a good game that most will go Gaga over because people worship rockstar. Frankly I hated the 3rd person GTA series until 5, because the fucking car physics got in the way of the game. RDR was great because it was just GTA with horses instead of cars, eliminating my biggest gripe about the series.

4. I will buy and enjoy.

3. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

What? GTAV has the exact same car physics as the previous games. And it is the best damn car physics of any similar game. Well maybe except mafia 1-2.

4. Domingo

Domingo [H]ard as it Gets

Did you ever play GTA4? It had wonky driving physics across the board. It was like a simulator for driving a Corvette on ice. GTA5 was basically a return to GTA3 - San Andreas' style of drving.

AlphaQup, Flogger23m and vegeta535 like this.
  5. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

All had the same underlying physics engine. GTA4 was no different than the rest. Maybe the cars suspensions were more soft in it.

6. profiled

profiled Limp Gawd

sure! rockstar will fuck this BILLION dollar entertainment product after 5 years in development. :rolleyes:

7. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

I disagree. The car handling is atrocious up until V and ruins any desire I have to play those games.

This is a subjective experience, thus its my experience. I own all the GTA games because of my love for the old top down ones, I would rather play Saints Row than most of the GTA franchise.

Armenius and vegeta535 like this.
  8. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Play Hunt Showdown instead

Getting Rid of my PS4 was the best thing I did this year far and gaming wise. I have my PS3 for a backup DVD Blueray player.

9. Bowman15

Bowman15 [H]ard|Gawd

Since it's not coming out on pc I will never know.

Armenius likes this.
  10. fightingfi

fightingfi Look at Me! I need the attention.

11. Bman123

Bman123 [H]ardness Supreme

I was really hoping they would release this on PC. I literally a week ago sold my one x for $400 and all my parts come in tomorrow for the build. I will not buy this on PS4, my PS4 only gets used for MLB the show, uncharted, the last of us and netflix/hulu

Maybe one day we will get it on pc, like a year later after they got everyone to buy it on console first

12. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

giphy.gif

GTA 4's car handling is VERY well documented as being absolute shite.

Flogger23m likes this.
  13. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

LOL, documented by who?

Sorry, but you can't sway me on this. It is the same engine, if not better than the rest of the games. That some fanboys can't deal with more realistic driving physics is not my problem. It is still better even if you personally don't like it.

14. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Regen, Aireoth and Bman123 like this.
  15. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

Lol. Stubborn to the point of stupid.

16. BiH115

BiH115 Gif Guy

3 more weeks people, going to be a freaking good way to end October.

17. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

Yes limiting your options is the greatest thing you could of done. Lots of great games coming out for PS4 in the coming months.

MavericK, BiH115, Kinsaras and 2 others like this.
  18. exlink

exlink [H]ardness Supreme

No kidding, especially since the PS4 has arguably the best exclusive games this generation...by far.

19. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

I'm guessing you're totally and completely new to gaming. I cannot decipher this absolutely ridicules question any other way.

To bring you up to speed. This company, Rockstar is one of the longest surviving games companies in the world. More importantly, one of the most successful having won countless awards over the years. In additional to all of that, their games have earned them hundreds of millions of dollars.

That should answer your question.

20. Kinsaras

Kinsaras 2[H]4U

Spider-Man is so good. Can't wait to go home and play it more.

Armenius and vegeta535 like this.
  21. BiH115

BiH115 Gif Guy

Spider-Man is amazing, but God of War stole the show this year. Just those two games alone justify a spot for the PS4 Pro in the entertainment area.

Viper16 likes this.
  22. Eshelmen

Eshelmen [H]ardness Supreme

I never asked what would happen to Rockstar, the hype has sold enough preorders to have them spit money out of their ass for the next few years alone.

My question was on the consumer side. As another commented in regards to No Mans Sky. This would probably be a far worse uptick of gamer criticism and media outlash than Sean Murray got.

23. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

Fixed.

24. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

GTA IV had the best car physics of any GTA game. Change my mind.

25. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

lol, ok steven crowder... damn he'd be a great fit in the RDR2 world as one of those guys in a tavern you can beat the shit out of and he just takes it like a little bitch then the next day he's sitting there again as if nothing happened