What happens if I switch from a ps/2 to usb port?

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, wondering what I can expect if I switch my Filco Majestouch Linear NKRO from the ps/2 port its on now, to a USB port?

I'm mainly wondering if I would lose any of my sensitivity. I don't have any need to hold down more than 3 keys at the same time, and that even is rare, so I'm not worried about that part, I just was wondering what to expect.

Thanks for any advice, Prozac :)

You go from NKRO to 6-key rollover which is still plenty for MOST people. That's the only tangible change.

Wow, I haven't heard the phrase ps/2 in a long time!

PS/2 still has its places. I use a PS/2 KVM, and to buy a newer DVI/USB KVM is $200-300, plus another $100 for an active Displayport to DVI adapter instead of the Displayport to VGA one I use now. I know I could go with a VGA/USB KVM but it seems like a waste of money to spend $100-200 solely to be able to use keyboard and mouse in USB mode instead of PS/2.

Yeah PS/2 is really nice to have, unlike IDE and Floppy ports which I despise. I feel better using up a dedicated mouse or keyboard port for my peripheral instead of filling up all of my USB ports.

Back