What happened to PC Power & Cooling power supplies?

Quiz

Gawd
Back in 2001, when I was building my first PC, PC Power & Cooling power supplies were considered to be some of the best. Now, you don't even hear about them. What happened? I checked and it seems they are still making power supplies according to their website.

They were so good that nobody had to buy another and they went out of business. Seriously though. If memory serves they were bought out by OCZ in 2007 (?) and quality waned. [H] did a couple reviews and was not overly impressed.

Above said. My 425w PCP&C turbo cool bought in 2005 is still kicking and doing well. Was playing games on that nForce2 system a couple days ago.

They were bought by OCZ and then sold off when they went under. It's supposedly in the hands of the same people that designed the earlier products now, but with how long it's been since they were relevant, it's not likely they'll ever be a popular brand again.

Yeah I remember just paying a premium for the PC Power & Cooling psu's because of their great quality built units and outstanding CS/RMA services. For some reason they merged with OCZ, then bought out and everything after that went downhill fast. OCZ made some decent power supplies and pretty good ram, but once they got a hold of PC P&C, me thinks their engineers must've been smoking crack or something stronger and the quality of their units started to suffer along with QC. Sales plummeted and that was the beginning of the end. A shame too. I think I still have one of their copper colored units in my closet somewhere.

They were bought by OCZ and then sold off when they went under. It's supposedly in the hands of the same people that designed the earlier products now, but with how long it's been since they were relevant, it's not likely they'll ever be a popular brand again.
most likely. they are around again but they outsource the production to High Power, which are just ok.
https://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/

oh wait, it was you and me talking in the other "weird time for psus" thread.

The were great! (emphasis on "were")

Memories.... or should I say Deja PSU ... something like that.

They weren't much to look at, but they performed well. I sold mine (eventually, after probably 7 or 8 years).

Back