What happened to my new flash drive?

BlueRiver

n00b
I bought a flash drive, connected to computer, I opened properties and it said that it was in fat32. I decided to format to ntfs. As usual I went to My computer - Device Manager - Properties - Policies and clicked on Optimize for perfomance. Right after that computer suddenly freezed, and didn't respond. I decided to unplug that flash drive manualy. Then I plugged in again and now it's not seen neither in My Computer nor in Device Manager. So what happened to it? How to restore it so that it can be seen again?

as noted in another thread around here using the normal repartion/format process can screw up flashdrives. look to see if the maker has a tool for it like kingston does.

as noted in another thread around here using the normal repartion/format process can screw up flashdrives. look to see if the maker has a tool for it like kingston does.
How to see this marker? I don't understand. Could you please explain more clearly, what do I do?

the maker/brand, not marker, ie the company that makes it. so if its Kingston look on their site, if its corsair look on theirs. for a reformat tool of some sort.

the maker/brand, not marker, ie the company that makes it. so if its Kingston look on their site, if its corsair look on theirs. for a reformat tool of some sort.
Ok, today I tried it on my another hard drive (with the same OS). To my surpise, it was shown in it, I did the same actions: My computer - Device Manager - Properties - Policies - Optimize for perfomance. It also freezed at that moment, but this time I decided to wait and didn't unplug it. It freezed for 7-8 minutes. Then I happily formatted to ntfs. Then I returned to my first hard drive. And.. IT IS NOT SEEN AGAIN on my first hard drive. But I've already formatted it, it must be seen. What happened to the first hard drive that it doesn't work on it anymore?

Have you tried another USB port? Windows may have disabled that port when you removed the drive unexpectedly during a write operation.

does it show up in device manager or disk manager? if not try in another usb port as suggested.

Have you tried another USB port? Windows may have disabled that port when you removed the drive unexpectedly during a write operation.
does it show up in device manager or disk manager? if not try in another usb port as suggested.
I tried on each usb port. And it's not shown. Only sound I hear. Strange, on another hard drive (same motherboard) it works well. That's too weird. Dunno what to do next to make it see this flash drive.

reconnect it to the system that it doesnt work on and look in device manager for anything with an error. if there is one remove it then unplug and replug the usb drive. see if it comes back. since it works on another system its just the drive config is screwy on the other.

Back