What happened to [H]'s FS/FT verification rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falkentyne

[H]ard|Gawd
Back some time ago, all sellers were required to take clear, multiple pictures of the items for sale, as well as a TIMESTAMPED written paper that had the seller's real name or hardforum username (forgot which) written down. But this seems to have ended and many people are just listing items for sale with no pictures or proof of who they are.

Why is this? Now it seems pictures are only provided upon request?

Regardless of what happened, it's not a requirement. And the forum has functioned fine without that for some time now.

I personally rely on heat or other feedback. If you don't want to buy something or take the chance, then don't do it.

Back some time ago, all sellers were required to take clear, multiple pictures of the items for sale, as well as a TIMESTAMPED written paper that had the seller's real name or hardforum username (forgot which) written down. But this seems to have ended and many people are just listing items for sale with no pictures or proof of who they are.

Those were never rules. Those were norms. Being an adult, you should be able to make up your own mind whether those things are needed for you to make a purchase.

Are you confusing hardwareswap with hardforum?

There is generally a lot of cross traffic. Many hardforum regulars post there as well and vice versa.

Timestamps with username and date are a reddit hardwareswap thing (strict requirement to post) and frankly it's because hardwareswap is 40% serious traders and 60% clowns. I trust the average user here significantly more.

If you knew the number of "I was tricked into paying with PayPal gift" posts I have to deal with on a daily basis as a mod there. It's a perpetual facepalm.

Time-stamped photos with username have never been a thing on hardforum.

I mean people do provide original clear pictures here but they are usually not time-stamped with username and date.

Frankly hardforum is relatively safer and has significantly more experienced builders/traders even without that requirement because it's an actual hardware site specialized for this and not a social media platform. Don't get me wrong good deals in both places, but this place is much safer to deal in.

It is about the same everywhere now. You just have to use good common sense and good judgement now. Plus everyone here wants "Paypal gift" or for you to pay the Paypal 3% and most of the time the insurance/shipping as well now. I still like to see pictures posted and a CPU-Z, GPU-Z or Crystal Disk Mark of a screenshot. But that is just my being subjective on the matter. I'm sure they have their hands full here all the time. I know I'm a handful by myself here.

buddy, i asked the same question several months back and got similiar replies.. I guess i was confusing this place with XS.org forum.... But it really should be required, it is a great rule. I always add pic with date and user name in it, but im old school..

thanks dad i do, cant trust any millennial today......

Typically I will pic upon request - then once someone asks I will email pic and post. Taking pics is a PIA and 9/10 times people want "better pics." " can you get a microscopic pic where the screen meets the case???" which I get being anal myself but a quick FS with a description and price usually does it. As a buyer I will only ask for pics if the description is laking or if they say mint but it is out of box because my mint and your mint may be miles apart. :) BNIB? no pics needed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back