What happened to all the X48 boards?

darkpark

Gawd
When the intel X38 boards came on the scene they made a big splash than intel followed up by releasing the X48 chipset. Naturally, some new X48 boards started to show up.
Now that the X58/i7 is out people are talking about that and also the boards that came before the X38/48. What happened to those boards/chipsets?
The specs of my machine are in my signature and it's running very well.

-darkpark

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. X48 boards are still around, but obviously that platform has been largely replaced by i7 and X58. Core 2 setups are now more of a midrange thing, and the midrange P45 chipset is much more popular than X48 because it's much cheaper, runs cooler, and overclocks better.

still using mine, works fine

cant justify the sidegrade to an i7 and x58 for margin performance increases in real work stuff, will be the first generation ive skipped since i went from a 286 to a 486 i think :)

still using mine, works fine

cant justify the sidegrade to an i7 and x58 for margin performance increases in real work stuff, will be the first generation ive skipped since i went from a 286 to a 486 i think :)
Word, my X38/Q6700 is serving me well. If I could get my RAM to 1600, I'd be a happy camper for another 1-2yrs.*

* I can't see Diablo3 struggling on my machine.

Back