What happen to EVGA lifetime warranty when you RMA the card?

sequoia

Limp Gawd
I was cleaning the my case yesterday, and notice that my GTX 460 has TR part no - I never pay attention to this before. I received this card from RMA last yr - my previous card has a lifetime warranty. So I guess I lose my lifetime warranty if I RMA ?

You have to register the new RMA card, and you should carry on the warranty. Not 100% sure but that's how it works with my XFX card(currently RMA'ing a card I got as a replacement from RMA 2 years ago).

This comes from the EVGA warranty page :

" •Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date."

So, if the product you RETURNED had a "lifetime" warranty, the replacement part will still carry THAT warranty, regardless of the serial number prefix.

I would register it though, the RMA product should just slip into the returned product's spot and be listed as "lifetime".

Yes it is EVGA registered the card for me.... nice to know it still carry the same warranty. I looked around, and did not find that. Thanks guys... I sleep better now :D

Back