What good IPs should be remade?

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
EA is releasing a bunch of NFS games which imo is a travesty, they have better IPs namely Road Rash, but I want to see these recreated.

Desert/Jungle Strike
Road Rash
Wing Commander
System Shock
Crash Bandicoot
Jak and Daxter
Shining Force
Delta Force (old voxel style versions)
Bushido Blade

Road Rash would sell well and if Wing Commander was done right it would be a major seller imo.

I'd like to see a sequel or at least a game similar to Breakdown from the original Xbox. The only other game that I know of that had a similar feel is Zeno Clash.

Oh and when are we going to get an actual turn-based Jagged Alliance sequel or maybe a sequel or modern day or future based remake of Silent Storm? I love me some turn based tactics.

Wizardry
Ultima
Gold Box D&D titles
Escape from Castle Wolfenstein (the original before it went FPS)
some of the Infocom games
Master of Magic
Dune
Nobunaga's Ambition
Syndicate (in its original form)
Crusader
Caesar
Alpha Centauri
Age of Wonders
Conquest of the New World
Master of Magic
Temple of Elemental Evil

I could do this all day :)

Nothing. Every IP that gets resurrected just gets fucked in the mouth and buried again.

Heh, I agree that's usually the case these days with big publisher. But with Wasteland 2, we'll see how it turns out in the hands of a crowd funded dev. I hope it will be positive.

i thought about this today and the problem I see is this. Anything I would like to see remade would just get so bastardized by todays developers that I would be so disappointed I would lose all love for said IP. I can't see any good coming from seeing things remade today.

thats what happened with me and Star Wars for example. I was a HUGE star wars nut until Lucas bastardized them in the 90s AND came out with those 3 shitty movies and then decided to bastardize the originals even more!!!
After all thats 90s shit I lost ALL respect and joy for Star wars.

AND

if anyone ever tries to remake and redo System Shock I WILL murder them...

thats what happened with me and Star Wars for example. I was a HUGE star wars nut until Lucas bastardized them in the 90s AND came out with those 3 shitty movies and then decided to bastardize the originals even more!!!
After all thats 90s shit I lost ALL respect and joy for Star wars.

AND

if anyone ever tries to remake and redo System Shock I WILL murder them...

Buut some of that difference was probably you saw the first bunch of children focused campy action films when you were a child, and the next lot of children focused campy action films when you were older (and only one was in the 90s :D). Both of them have lame romance bits, and lame comedy moments (although slightly less overt, c3p0 is Jar Jar, the comedy guy). Lots of it is probably perspective and time difference, which is why releasing series much later is problematic. Also the newer films rank higher on the US box office chart (number 5, 35 and 18, vs 6, 49 and 37) and it made over 2.5 billion in the cinema...

Also... (don't be angry!)

Bioshock is a remake and redo of System Shock! :eek:

Vampire the Masquerade
Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale
Master of Magic
Wing Commander
X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
Battletech/Mechwarrior/MechCommander
Dungeon Keeper
Alpha Centauri
Ogre
Homeworld
Panzer General
Steel Panthers
Warhammer Fantasy
Freedom Force
Master of Orion
Arcanum
Starfleet Command

EA is releasing a bunch of NFS games which imo is a travesty, they have better IPs namely Road Rash, but I want to see these recreated.

Crash Bandicoot
Jak and Daxter

Naughty dog stopped producing crash Bandicoot titles for the PS2 because they said that the character was too limiting to what they wanted to do... (so they made Jak and Daxter, then apparently went on to do Uncharted, probably for the same kins of reasons :D).

I also want to see a road rash game...it wouldn't bery very hard to make... Just a few bikes, a police car, one other car, some cactuses and a chain/kinfe/crowbar/punch/kicking and falling off animation... :D

Bushido plade would be weird... They would probably make it too quick...

\

Bioshock is a remake and redo of System Shock! :eek:

NO IT ISNT.

it isn't even CLOSE...not even in the same damn genre as far as I'm concerned. Bioshock is an (almost)on-rails shooter with 'upgrades'

Bioshock was NEVER a remake of system shock it was their 'spiritual successor' please never compare the two again.

Road Rash FFS! Such an amazing and fun party game!

I'd like to see Descent rebooted too. A game serie that died too fast.

SWAT
Ace Combat (Assault Horizon doesn't count)

I would rather see more new IPs that revive or bring back genres. A combat space sim would be nice (not a trading game set in space). Strikesuit Zero was decent, though a higher quality space shooter would also be nice.

A flight game like Over G Fighters that fits right between Battlefield type gameplay and survey flight sim gameplay like Flaming Cliffs. Realistic weapon loads, somewhat decent flight models, realistic damage, but with quick accessible gameplay for when you do not have a lot of time to spend an hour + on a mission in a proper flight sim.

A game like ArmA that is of quality and executes its various features properly.

More vehicle shooters.

Desert/Jungle Strike
Road Rash
Wing Commander
System Shock
Crash Bandicoot
Jak and Daxter
Shining Force
Delta Force (old voxel style versions)
Bushido Blade

Road Rash would sell well and if Wing Commander was done right it would be a major seller imo.

Jungle Strike would be cool. Delta Force would be awesome if done right. The voxel engine was designed for largescale maps because standard engines couldn't do it well ..now they can. Give it a good large scale engine (Frostbite2 or maybe a Crytek) and it could be a good addition.

Knowing EA, they'd relaunch DF as a CoD clone.

I dont want to see EA do anything, period. I want them to go out of business, chris roberts to get wing commander and everything else to go to companies with passion to make good games.

Nothing. Every IP that gets resurrected just gets fucked in the mouth and buried again.

There are the occasional rare exceptions like Deus Ex though.

HOMEWORLD
THIEF

Yes. Yes and more yes. I've been dying for a space RTS with a similar look and feel to Homeworld. A proper/hardcore stealth game like Thief would be HUGE too.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a real reboot of Syndicate. The iteration released last year could have been left in development longer if they were hell bent on turning the game into a shooter. They had ample opportunities to turn the game into a great sci-fi thriller with a deep story, but it ended up feeling shallow, hollow, and rushed.

Hah! Road Rash would be badass.

Jet Moto and Extreme G would be pretty cool, me thinks

NO IT ISNT.

it isn't even CLOSE...not even in the same damn genre as far as I'm concerned. Bioshock is an (almost)on-rails shooter with 'upgrades'

Bioshock was NEVER a remake of system shock it was their 'spiritual successor' please never compare the two again.

You cut off the don't be angry bit :p

If System shock 3 was made now instead of Bioshock, it would probably be what Bioshock was (and they both use the same elements :p). Anyway there is supposed to be System Shock 3 in production, EA still own the rights to it, but the original producer said he has nothing to do with it but "is optimistic".

You cut off the don't be angry bit :p

If System shock 3 was made now instead of Bioshock, it would probably be what Bioshock was (and they both use the same elements :p). Anyway there is supposed to be System Shock 3 in production, EA still own the rights to it, but the original producer said he has nothing to do with it but "is optimistic".

Pipe down kiddo, no one cares about those games. My list concludes this thread.

Nuff said

Pipe down kiddo, no one cares about those games. My list concludes this thread.

Nuff said

I want a remake of Sacrifice... With enough time and a few people would probably be possible, I mostly worked out how to do the summoning, would just need some AI scripts for formations and stuff... desgining new units would be fun (as would 64 wizard, 2048 creature giant epic battles... have done 2000+ creatures with the level editor). :D

I picked it up used at some point and still play it from time to time via LAN after fixing the ratio to 4:3 (so the graphics don't go buggy) and setting a few flags it runs fine...

Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret

Both of those games were awesome back in the day and I'd love to see a remake with upgraded graphics and expanded story.

Nox, one of the first pc games i put alot of time in.
Nox, really? I don't know. The only thing that franchise was good for was a benchmark. I remember Aquanox was a major turkey and Nox wasn't much better.:(

Desert/Jungle Strike

I used to play all three of these games on my Genesis back in the day. Loved them. The other being Urban Strike. Urban Strike I played the most, believe it was the one with the first level being in Washington D.C.; only played Jungle Strike a couple times can't really remember it and Jungle Strike was tentatively located in the Jungle.

If done right, I think they could be pretty awesome. Which one had the oil platform? I think it was Desert or Urban Strike, I can't remember now too long ago.

Rainbow six -not the modern shit remakes like the first one.
Crash bandicoot - even if just remade like sonic 4 i would definitely buy that.
Nfl gameday - always liked that series.

Back