What good and not so expensive PSU 850W for Rtx 2080 Ti and 9900K?

Yeah but i had once a gpu power drop in fire strike during looped test. I mean clock dropped from 1950 to 1550mhz for a 1 second and power from 98% to 58%. Somebody said that this was caused by psu.

Looks like they sell Seasonic Platinum PSU's. Very highly regarded as some of the best.

Yeah but i had once a gpu power drop in fire strike during looped test. I mean clock dropped from 1950 to 1550mhz for a 1 second and power from 98% to 58%. Somebody said that this was caused by psu.
You are chasing a phantom. The difference in quality between a Corsair 850 Gold and Seasonic 850 Platinum is utterly immaterial.

The Corsair RMxX series was given a rare perfect 100% score from Johnny Guru PSU (yes you have a 850 and this is a 1000 - doesn't matter should be nearly identical quality)
https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/10/25/corsair-rm1000x-1000w-power-supply/6/

The Seasonic people are recommending here scores worse at 93%
https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2017/07/31/seasonic-prime-850-platinum-power-supply/6/

Both are fantastic powersupplies - and not likely to be your problem. I don't think a power supply is going to drop voltage like that for one second and then be back to normal again. I've never head of anything like that in three decades of computer use.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Oklahoma Wolf

Care to sound off here with your experience in PSUs?
Is it plausible that with a one second performance dip in future mark that Original Poster's Corsair RM850X PSU is failing? Doesn't sound right to me.

Here,gpu power 58% and clock 1575mhz,but gpu load 96%:

ui1.jpg

Here is that 1 second dip in firestrike. So its was not related to psu failing?

Does it happen in the same spot each time? Are you sure it isnt the software switching tests? Have a friend run firestrike and see if it happens when they run it.

Im on my phone so i cant check it :(

I testing now 20 hours and not happening agian. So dunno what it happened once.

Id say its an anomaly if your 20hrs stable. Dont sweat it. You can always test your rails with a multi to verify they are solid.

get the seasonic focus + Gold 850w it's not that expensive for 850watts and it is really good quality

So why it drop clock for milisecond to 1575mhz?Never happened like that and i cant reproduce this.

One of the many constantly occurring.

Nobody else would care about a momentary frame drop they can no long make happen.
Why are you so concerned?
I checked in windows 10 and on this day 11.09 was Cummulative updates installed + net framework i think its was related to this. because i had weird stuttering in that firestrike gpu test 1 with oc or not oc.
But i tested with no oc the same.
Now not stutter and ok.
Maybe that drop was related to that updates of win.
Yeas i was concerned too much you right, but its ok fine now:) :kiss::kiss:

I checked in windows 10 and on this day 11.09 was Cummulative updates installed + net framework i think its was related to this. because i had weird stuttering in that firestrike gpu test 1 with oc or not oc.
But i tested with no oc the same.
Now not stutter and ok.
Maybe that drop was related to that updates of win.
Yeas i was concerned too much you right, but its ok fine now:) :kiss::kiss:
You wanted to change your PSU because of it with no foundation.

I had a quick look at your previous threads and it appears you have serious OCD.
I'm not saying this to annoy, but it might be wise to get help.
Computers will drive you mad.

You wanted to change your PSU because of it with no foundation.

I had a quick look at your previous threads and it appears you have serious OCD.
I'm not saying this to annoy, but it might be wise to get help.
Computers will drive you mad.
you right :) i am not mad at you. :) you are good

you right :) i am not mad at you. :) you are good
Cheers.
A way to view things for now, if it doesnt cause a problem, ignore it until it does (or passively research).
You cant prevent every issue and it doesnt matter 99.99% when you dont try to be in advance of them.
Computers are a never ending pit of tiny issues.

I am hoping you can avoid wearing out the good will of other forum users.
[H] has incredibly helpful folk with a great set of knowledge.
Keep them sweet for when you have a real issue.

Cheers.
A way to view things for now, if it doesnt cause a problem, ignore it until it does (or passively research).
You cant prevent every issue and it doesnt matter 99.99% when you dont try to be in advance of them.
Computers are a never ending pit of tiny issues.

I am hoping you can avoid wearing out the good will of other forum users.
[H] has incredibly helpful folk with a great set of knowledge.
Keep them sweet for when you have a real issue.
oki :) :) here are good peoples,good forum :)

Back