What gaming video card lasted you the longest ?

Radeon 9700 Pro in 2002 lasted me until the 7800GT in 2005, so it was about 3 years.

Got a 8800GTX in 2006. Lasted me until AMD 5870 in 2009, so almost 3 years.

Those 2 cards are the most long-lived. Every other card has lasted on average about 12-18 months I'd say.

gtx 670 ftw' lasted me years and honestly i still didnt need the upgrade to my 970's..could've held out a bit longer.

Still using my Voodoo5-5500 AGP in my MAME machine, running on an ECS K7S5A Pro, I've had it since December 2000 on WinXP using Amigamerlin's 2.5SE drivers. Going on fifteen years old now though I only fire it up rarely these days, maybe once a week when I have a hankering for the arcade classics.

This is going to be the year I finally replace it with the 6970 I'm currently using, which I picked up December of 2010, going on five years, a record for a video card I used on a daily basis.

BFG GTX 280, 6 years and still running strong. BFG has even gone out of business since then.

oddly my Voodoo5 5500 but then i was broke then lol
followed by my GTX260

For a higher end card, the GTX 260 (about 3 years). Second, the 7600GS 512MB (about 3 years?).

My 2x Voodoo2 in SLI lasted a while, but only because it worked in conjunction with the main videocard, rather than replacing it. I kept them going along side 3 or 4 main GPU upgrades. Not sure if that counts.

I used an X800XT-PE for a long time. Not because I thought it was a great card or because I was satisfied with it's performance, but because I had an Overclocked Dual-Xeon computer that only had AGP. I didn't have the option of upgrading to anything better really because it was all PCIe.

I ran 2x 4870x2 in Quad Crossfire for a long time. That would be the setup that IMO is closest to the filling the question asked by the OP. All the games I cared about had great quad crossfire utilization. I used these cards far into the DX11 era, thankfully, because even as DX10.1 cards, they could still play most DX11 games. Each 4870x2 on it's own was faster than a 5870. When I finally upgraded to a GTX680, it felt like a side-grade, and is a large part of the reason I got a 2nd GTX680.

A card that was in use AND I was happy with? Probably none.

One that was a decent long-term choice in some regards, yet lacking in others: TNT1. Good thing I didn't go with a Banshee in the end.

EVGA GeForce 9800 GT AKIMBO Edition SLI still current using

Is this your review from last month on NewEgg? Ha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130379

I was curious to find out what the "AKIMBO" was all about so I Google'd it...still not sure what the "AKIMBO" moniker means (guessing its from CoD?) but I love that someone just reviewed the card on the 'Egg...haha.

On topic: mine was the GTX 690 or maybe the Voodoo 3. I change cards like a fiend...and I'm still browsing eBay once in a while for a 690. Fun, great, card - even today...especially for the money.

For me it would be the EVGA GTX 280 SuperClocked. I might have had that card for 3 years without an upgrade.

9800gx2.

Lasted me 2 1/2 years before it its massive weight combined with a nvidia driver release that screwed up the fan speed to kill it. Managed to bake half of it for it to sorta work. Hmm.... its in a box somewhere....

6870, bought it when it came out and still using it now. So what's that 4 years? not bad...

I upgrade my cards quite a bit. Mine was prolly a GTX 260. Got me through a ton of games like call of duty modern warfare, grid, assasins creed, company of heroes, etc

In active use, GTX 570, I had that card for 3 years before upgrading the computer.

Though I have a working HP computer with a GPU, and it is going on over 10 years at this stage.

My current 6950 2gb has lasted me the longest, it's about time for me to replace it but it's played everything that I've thrown at it without having to turn down settings too much. The 8800gt/8800gt sli I had lasted a good amount of time too.

I used to replace my graphics card about once a year but between the lack of pc games that push the boundaries on graphics and slower improvements in performance there just isn't much reason for me to upgrade as often.

Radeon Hd4850 by Asus and now probably my GTX 680s if I can't get them to sell at a decent price on Craigslist.

I used the GTX 260 from 2008 to 2014 and it was doing alright with the newer games too.

I have not jumped around too much. I think the longest lasting ones were the Voodoo, Geforce 2 and 4600Ti. Although my 7970 is probably going to last another cycle or two taking the top spot for me.

Voodo 2
Voodo 2 extender thing adding 4 or 6mb.
Geforce 2 32mb.
Geforce 4 4600 Ti
Geforce 6800
Geforce 7800 (RMA replacement for a cooked 6800)
Geforce 8800
Geforce 9800 (RMA replacement for a cooked 8800)
AMD 5850
AMD 7970

Im the type of guy that has to buy a new GPU every generation. My GTX Titan with its unlocked voltage allowing me for a near 70% OC on water and 6gb vram have lasted me almost 2 years and 3 different monitors, 1080, 1440, now 4k. I had bought 5 different used GTX Titans and now just left with one. this last one came up almost free with the profit i made on the others a while back when everyone was ditching Titans to go to 780s.That was before the voltage unlock hack.

These Titans I've got have lasted pretty long so far and will continue to until 2016. Bought them when they were first released.

MSI Lightning 7970.

Bought it in spring of 2012, so coming up for three years now.

My current 6950 2gb has lasted me the longest, it's about time for me to replace it but it's played everything that I've thrown at it without having to turn down settings too much.

I used to replace my graphics card about once a year but between the lack of pc games that push the boundaries on graphics and slower improvements in performance there just isn't much reason for me to upgrade as often.

This.

I've had ATI/AMD/Nvidia cards and have never had any die on me personally. We had some back luck with EVGA GTX680s we got from Dell at work but EVGA RMA'd about 12 cards or so without issue.

Another vote for 8800. My 670 FTW is out on RMA. I pulled out my old 8800 and plugged it in. Ran BF3 ok. Noticeable difference, but its still functioning fine. Titanfall is a no go though.

BFGTech NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX OC2 SLI.

Lasted 5 years. I had to upgrade because both died on me. Stepped into an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2.5GB. G80 was truly something special.

4870 1GB 3.6 years
9800 pro 3.2 years
7970 OC, 2.5 years so far, will be 3.2 years or so when it gets replaced.

My current 660Ti. Still maxing most games that aren't @$$-tastic console ports.
Before that it was my 9800GT. Loved that card. I still have it as my backup when something else dies or when I am working on a family member's computer.

EVGA GTX 280 for a little over 5 1/2 years. Retired it just recently when I found out that it struggled to play back 1080p60 video with H/W acceleration enabled.

My old 8800GT in my early 2008 Mac Pro is what has lasted the longest. Only replaced it earlier this year with a 660 because Nvidia stopped updating the windows drivers for it.

In my PC gaming rig, two 9800GTX's lasted forever, until I replaced them with two 6950's in crossfire that I got on ebay for $70-each.

I had an XFX HD5770 single-slot card that lasted 5 years. I was able to play mostly source-engine and Battlefield 2 and Battlefield BC2 all through college. Upgraded to a 780Ti that will probably last as long.

I've been running this 6950 2GB for 4 years and it still a helluva card!

Starting to get that upgrade itch tho.... (waiting for 960 GTX etc)

Longest I stuck with a graphics card was just over 2 years. It was a Sager 5720 gaming laptop with an Nvidia Go 7800 GTX. That laptop got me through my first big contract when I went independent back in 2006.

Back