what gaming mouse do you use/love?

I've had my Logitech G5 for a few years now, and it's been perfect. Hopefully, it will not cause any problems like others here have expereinced.

I have the MS Sidewinder X5. Peculiar shape but it´s perfect for my big palms. Build quality like nothing I have ever seen as well. And I need it since I have a bass shaker that make me drop it constantly ;). Also the cable holder is a big saviour hear since it make it impossible to drop it to the floor which could do some real damage I suppose.

Track as good as the Deathadder but just feels better due to the better material.
Ikari maybe maybe tracks a bit better and glides slightly better but it´s more flimsy and the fit does get uncomfortable after a while.

My Logitech G700 is the best I have owned so far over countless Razer and MS mice. ANd before that was the revised Razer Boomslang.

Still using my first gen Logitech G9. Except for a little chaffing on the cable and some bizarre peeling phenomenon on the wide grip, it's working like a champ.

Still using my first gen Logitech G9. Except for a little chaffing on the cable and some bizarre peeling phenomenon on the wide grip, it's working like a champ.
Contact Logitech about the peeling and they'll probably replace the grip if not the whole mouse.

Contact Logitech about the peeling and they'll probably replace the grip if not the whole mouse.

I ordered the mouse from Amazon on December 20, 2007. You really think they'll spot me help on an over 3 year old mouse? ;)

P.S. I really can't believe it's been that long already!

I ordered the mouse from Amazon on December 20, 2007. You really think they'll spot me help on an over 3 year old mouse? ;)

P.S. I really can't believe it's been that long already!
You never know unless you try.

i use the Logictech Performance MX wireless mouse which isnt a gaming mouse but I do good headshots with it on Bad Company 2 so still counts. I like it overall except for having to recharge it every 3 gaming days and that usb recharge is a menace. I wish i gotten the G700 though but at the time it wasnt out yet and i needed to replace my old broken one. Does the G700 suffer from the same battery issues?

I like wider mice for larger hands and palm grip. There was a fairly wide Microsoft Intellimouse (wireless) but it ran through AA batteries like there's no tomorrow. Then I had the MX1000 for a long time but the issue with it was that it always ran out of charge at an inconvenient time and I had severe problems with the cradle not actually making contact to recharge it after about 2 years of usage.

Then I bought into the hype and ended up with a Razer Copperhead which I found to be total junk because it doesn't fit my hand well and because it's lacking precision on a fabric mousepad. The glide was nice on it though.

Then I bought a Sidewinder X8 and it was a mixed experience. Even with the "better glide" feet the glide still felt very rough. The construction felt cheap and the right mouse button had a slight "2-click" from day one. Where the button gives a little way even under light pressure but then needs to be pressed down harder to actually register.

Now I had the X8 for a year or 2 or whatever it was and it is displaying extremely strange behavior. It's recording macros mid use and ties them to the right mouse button. This is obviously very annoying when it records WWWAWWWWSWWWWD during gaming together with whatever other actions you take and then starts to play it back immediately. Not much info about that issue out there, some suggests it's because the battery doesn't hold charge but it happens when it's tethered as well so I am just junking it and looking for a new mouse.

Roccat Kone+ , absolutely love this thing. Best gaming mouse i've ever had, and i've had my fair share.
A quick search on Google didn't yield any results for US sellers, did you buy yours in the US?

Cyborg RAT 7 Gaming Mouse

Best mouse I have ever used. SOO comfortable with the pinky rest. There is nothing like it. Totally Customizable. Everyone who comes over, is blown away by how comfortable it is. Also, if you like a heavy SOLID mouse- this is it. heavy steal bottom and adjustable weights. Course now, the RAT 9 Cordless is out... always something, isn't it.

The mouse looks short, is that an issue? Also, the scroll wheel on the side looks like it could become uncomfortably sticking into your palm on prolonged use and/or be accidentally scrolled?

So I am continuing the quest for a palm grip mouse that has a good and heavy feel to it. None of this "look at my mouse, it's only 1.25 inches wide BS". Wired or wireless doesn't matter. The Kone+ looks good even though it too may be a bit short.

EDIT:
Looking at Newegg the COOLER MASTER SGM-6000-KLLW1-GP Sentinel Advance Black 8 Buttons Wired Laser 5600 dpi Mouse looks like a decent candidate, a bit slim up front but the palm rest looks wide enough. Adding up to 22.5 grams of weight does sound pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning, that really doesn't leave a whole lot of choice. Sigh.
Will see whether I can find a US seller for the Roccat Kone+, the RAT7 just doesn't look comfortable and of course no store around here sells them to just go there and try it out.

I'll head down to a local Office Max tomorrow to see whether I can test the G500 out there. I'd prefer a wireless mouse if I can possibly find one. May just get an MX1100, the whole 6000dpi thing is overrated anyway, I am not planning to enter any professional gaming leagues and for years 1000dpi was just fine, doubt I could make real use of anything more than 2000dpi anyway that's what I had my X8 set at and the copperhead is 2k as well and it works just fine.

Used a G9X for years and recently moved to a G700 and am loving it so far, really like the wireless and how it fits my hand perfectly.

I broke down and ordered a Roccat Kone+ from www.airetechit.co.uk (~$111 shipped to the US). Should be here in 5-10 days. It will be up for grabs at a decent discount if I end up not liking it. ;)

I loved my Logitech MX1000 but I wore it out and Logitech replaced it with a MX Revoltuion which I still like, just not quite as much

i use the Logictech Performance MX wireless mouse which isnt a gaming mouse but I do good headshots with it on Bad Company 2 so still counts. I like it overall except for having to recharge it every 3 gaming days and that usb recharge is a menace. I wish i gotten the G700 though but at the time it wasnt out yet and i needed to replace my old broken one. Does the G700 suffer from the same battery issues?

Recharge at night. There's no issue with the hardware if your wireless mouse lasts longer than a day, the issue is with the user.

Power Glove.
powerglove.jpg

I use a Microsoft Habu because I love the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, but I want 7 buttons.

Deathadder 3g. I've had the mx518, G5, and G500, but the deathadder blows them all out of the water. For me, it's much more comfortable and controllable. I would like it to have adjustable dpi like the logitech mice, but I can easily give that up for the ergonomics of this mouse.

For what it's worth, the control pod backlight went out on my z5500 which were out of warranty and they sent me an entirely new system (not just the control pod). They consider the peeling on the grip a defect and they will send you a new one.

G700, but love? I don't know. I definitely like it more than the mx518 it replaced, but it still just feels like the right tool for the job and little more. Though I have to say I've discovered I love mouse profiles, so maybe that is close enough.

Logitech G1.

however, after approximately 6 years, its left click has finally worn out :-( It is the best mouse ive ever had, and its not made anymore.

apparently they released a g3 which is the upgrade to the g1, but that isnt made either.

i dont like the new era of mice :-(

Using a g500. Bought it at the beginning of the summer last year and I love it. I love logitech's scroll wheel. Being able to click it to a smooth roll, or back to a normal scroll wheel, is really nice. The added weights are nice, since I don't like my mice to feel like cheap plastic. The heft is great.

Just got a G510 keyboard to compliment it (found it for $6 at goodwill...). Loving them both so far.

When I bought my Asus G73, I used the mouse that it came with for a while (I believe it's an Asus branded mouse made by Razer). It's nice and I still use it as a back up or let friends borrow it, but nothing compares to the feel of the G500.

Another vote for the G9. It's getting a little worn down so I've been looking to replace it with something but I just love it too much...

i dont like the new era of mice :-(
QFT!!!

I've tried at least 15+ mice over the past 1-2 years. No matter how much I want to like them I always end up going back to my 3+ year old Razer Diamondback. It's only a matter of time before it wears out, though, and no one makes anything like it anymore.

Back