what gaming mouse do you use/love?

MX 518. I bought it when it was released (had the Diamondback just before) and it's still going strong after probably a bajillion clicks. I notice that occasionally some clicks don't register anymore, but if it gives out I'll just buy another.

Actually I still have the Diamondback but it effectively broke a few years ago. Randomly the left click goes into rapidfire or stays clicked down without any input, which renders it practically unusable for anything useful.

I prefer the laid-back style of the MX 518, plus my freakish hands love the shape. The Razer and plenty of other mice require too aggressive a grip and are too fatiguing.

Though the CM Sentinel does intrigue me if my MX 518 does give up the ghost soon.

Wasn't fond of the G700 I picked up. It's definitely designed for high sensitivity use.. it has a strange jitter/skipping when used at lower dps in combination with slow/precise movements. Probably should have expected that, but I'd like to go wireless again at some point. (Mamba and X8 are not options).

The jitter you noticed is probably incompatibility between the sensor and the surface you're using.

Did the accuracy problems go away when you had the wire connected?

Yes, but buying a wireless mouse to use in wired mode feels completely pointless to me, not to mention you can actually feel the difference/drag of this particular cord that they include with the mouse.

I've decided to keep it a while longer to give it another chance, I really do like the shape and comfort the mouse provides.. we'll see. Perhaps I can acclimate to a higher DPI setting and that will resolve the issue. :D

My Logitech G7. The carbon fiber version. I've been using it for 4.5 years now and logitech replaced it when the original began to fail after about 2 years without even requiring me to send the mouse in. Logitech ftw

The jitter you noticed is probably incompatibility between the sensor and the surface you're using.

Doubtful. The mouse uses the same sensor as the Dell Tactx I have (as it is a g9x), and I tried it on two different surfaces. I did not however try it on my third - the Func 1030. I'll have to do that later. This likely has something to do with wireless mode and it isn't the distance to the receiver.. I've had them right next to each other.

The G500 would be a much better choice.

Would you recommend the G500 over even the MX 518? I've grown absolutely in love with the MX 518, and keep kicking myself for not having bought a spare when they were $20ish.

For the G500 I can't say I'm too fond of the two buttons riding alongside the left click, and the adjustable weight and memory isn't really a big deal for me.

Would you recommend the G500 over even the MX 518? I've grown absolutely in love with the MX 518, and keep kicking myself for not having bought a spare when they were $20ish.

For the G500 I can't say I'm too fond of the two buttons riding alongside the left click, and the adjustable weight and memory isn't really a big deal for me.
It really depends on your tastes. I personally like the shape of the G500 a little better, and I like the button layout more as well. The scroll wheel is also quite nice. The DPI doesn't really make a difference to me since I have it set to around 1600 anyway, so both mice do equally well for me in that respect. I also don't use any weights in my G500, so that feature doesn't help me. However, some features may mean more to some people, so it really depends on you. If you're happy with your MX518 then that's great. There's really nothing more you can ask for than a mouse that suits you well.

Have a logitech G3 for use on spare machines and a G5 for my main rig. Been waiting to hold a G9x in my hand to see if i like it or not

I still using a Logitech MX518 still works like a champ and haven't had a reason to upgrade.

My Logitech G7. The carbon fiber version. I've been using it for 4.5 years now and logitech replaced it when the original began to fail after about 2 years without even requiring me to send the mouse in. Logitech ftw

Same for me, had the original and Logi replaced it with the carbon fiber skinned one under warranty. I picked up a spare sometime later but after years of use the 1st one still looks new cosmetically and works like new too.

I have a G9 that I'd like to replace for something with more buttons.

I tried the Rat 7, but it required 3 finger position and the software was unreliable on my computer. I just tried a G700, but the huge hump in the design along with the heavy weight made it uncomfortable and the button design was kludgy to me.

So I'm back to the G9 for now.

Postscript: I got a G500 and find that it is a much better fit for me than the G700. The cord is the same as the G9 so it is flexible and doesn't get in the way. The size and weight is much better than the G700. It's a bit of a change having my palm rest on the mouse after using the G9, but I think I'll get used to it. The free spinning wheel is nice, but it does rattle and floats by itself now and then. The extra thumb button works much better than the G700.

Last edited:
razer abyssus, small - relatively cheap - no need for drivers weights and other gimmicks - 1000hz polling right out of the box ( using hidfusb to overclock ports can be such a bitch in win7 64bit ) two switches at the bottom, one for adjusting the dpi and the other for the hz,very slim and flexible cable that doesn't get in the way ( FUCK OFF WMO/IMO 1.1 ! :p ) - lightweight - rubber coated - looks so damn good on top of a qck+ fnatic limited edition, right next to my deck legend ice, pure sexiness <333 :p

Its amazing how many skeets I'm able to do these days while playing l4d2, even with ak47 and magnum :D fortunately most of the ppl in the versus lobbies know me for quite some time so i don't get stupid accusations like " hax !!! ban !! " that often

Now that valve has FINALLY added raw input + disable mouse acceleration options to l4d2 i can swipe my mouse at 1800dpi as fast as i like with NO negative acceleration, just perfect 1:1 response, there are 3 major cons tho

1) you get a really limited selection of mousepads to use if you are a cloth guy http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1881007 DA 3.5 with 2.4x firmware is supposed to have less cursor jitter
2) the sides are made of shiny plastic instead of rubber
3) no side buttons, i usually switch weapons using the number keys above WASD, just like ANY decent fps player should ( using the mouse wheel is just stupid and unreliable, especially in games like l4d ) but for browsing we all know that they're very handy.

The mx518 is the perfect gaming mouse for me.

great IR sensor, plenty of buttons, comfy and no negative acceleration issues when I make fast swipes. I am a low sens gamer and my old 1st edition G5 (the rusty coloured one) was just terrible for this. I bought my mx518 because of the mousescore review on esreality when I was fed up with swiping my G5 and a) nothing happened, or b) i ended up looking at the ceiling or floor. The laser sensor in the G5 just could not keep up with my fast, long swipes (and there were a LOT of those in ut2k4 online ctf games) The mx518 worked OOTB without any drivers and was immediately 100% better than my G5 with ZERO neg accel issues.

the mx518 IMO is just an amazing mouse. I have an intellimouse 3.0 in my wardrobe and another 518 for when my current 518 dies. Ill probably give the 3.0 a run to see how it compares

the mx518 IMO is just an amazing mouse. I have an intellimouse 3.0 in my wardrobe and another 518 for when my current 518 dies. Ill probably give the 3.0 a run to see how it compares

Don't bother with explorer 3.0 if you do fast swipes, especially at 125hz it will be downright terrible, maybe better if you adjust the polling rate at 500hz http://www.+++++.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a-2.html but still pretty much unreliable for long and fast swipes.

If you really like the shape of IME 3.0 then the deathadder black edition is your only choice, that or consider upping your sensitiivity :p

First I had MX310, then G1, Intelli 1.1 and now 3.0

I've also had plenty of other mice beside those four but MX310 was the best of all :)

Just received my Gigabyte Ghost M8000X today, looks really nice. I'll post some pics and first impression tomorrow after I try it out for a while.

I'm in a love / hate relationship with my Deathadder, I hate the build quality but the sensor is unbeatable!

Logitech MX Revolution for me. Great mouse, perfect for long gaming sessions.

Logitech MX518 for years now.
absolutely love this mouse.

I've gone from the original MS 3.0 Optical to the upgraded model circa 2007/8.
To a Logitech G500.

Tried a razr and hated it.
tried that MS sidewinder. hated it
tried some steelseries and didn't like those either.

Always end up back with the MX518. best fit for my hand.

use a steelseries pad doubled sized pad.

Also have the mouse skates pads on my MX518.
absolutely FANTSTIC product. i recommend those pads to everyone that games
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g39...ng-PC_Gaming-Mouse_Skates_and_Feet-Page1.html

Not really a gaming mouse, per se, but I love my MX5500. Very accurate and quick, nice solid buttons and good range. (I game from the couch in the living room).

I went from a G5 to a mamba for a few days, then to a G500 and am absolutely in love with it.

Newegg had a black friday sale too selling them around 35$ each. Got my sister and a friend one (he used deathadder, she used G7) they aren't looking back.

I've used a Logitech MX1000 for 6 or 7 years and I love it. Its just starting to show its age lately so I'm looking to replace it with a G700 soon.

Don't bother with explorer 3.0 if you do fast swipes, especially at 125hz it will be downright terrible, maybe better if you adjust the polling rate at 500hz http://www.+++++.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a-2.html but still pretty much unreliable for long and fast swipes.

If you really like the shape of IME 3.0 then the deathadder black edition is your only choice, that or consider upping your sensitiivity :p

i dunno, i used one briefly before I even bought my mx510 and there were no issues with it.

cant change my sens lol, been using low sens for over 10 years.

Just got a logitech Performance MX and absolutely love it. I know its not technically a gaming mouse but its works great for me as a jack of all trades device.

Back