what gaming mouse do you use/love?

QFT!!!

I've tried at least 15+ mice over the past 1-2 years. No matter how much I want to like them I always end up going back to my 3+ year old Razer Diamondback. It's only a matter of time before it wears out, though, and no one makes anything like it anymore.

You need to stock up on them while they are still available then ;)

MX518/G5 with me, been using them for years and I cant see myself adjusting to a different form factor.

I oughta try the G500 though

Cyborg r.a.t 7 using, still determining if I even like it. So far yes. I replaced a Razer Deathadder which was my favor it mouse ever. But it was starting to show signs of it's age.

Had a logitech g5, it was "ok". Now have a Razer Deathadder, far more comfortable, though it feels a bit cheaper, compared to the logitech.

What do you guys think of the G700 wireless?

I had one, I really liked it but the derned thing wouldn't hold a charge for nothing. I put a better rechargeable AA in there but it didn't last much longer. A good example, I started playing BFBC2 at 8am one Saturday morning and by 10:30am or so it wasn't responding, so I had to plug it in. It tracks like a dream, the weight and feel was right on and of course the freedom of no cord was stellar. I tried different settings on it but it didn't help much. :( I sold it to a buddy of mine that worshiped it and went back to my Lachesis. Battery technology just isn't there yet for this mouse yet.

Had a logitech g5, it was "ok". Now have a Razer Deathadder, far more comfortable, though it feels a bit cheaper, compared to the logitech.

That's always been my impression of Razer mice. They've always felt relatively low quality yet they charge premium prices for many of their mice. They've also been plagued with firmware issues which is unacceptable on such a consistent basis.

I had one, I really liked it but the derned thing wouldn't hold a charge for nothing. I put a better rechargeable AA in there but it didn't last much longer. A good example, I started playing BFBC2 at 8am one Saturday morning and by 10:30am or so it wasn't responding, so I had to plug it in. It tracks like a dream, the weight and feel was right on and of course the freedom of no cord was stellar. I tried different settings on it but it didn't help much. :( I sold it to a buddy of mine that worshiped it and went back to my Lachesis. Battery technology just isn't there yet for this mouse yet.

That surprises me. Logitech wireless mice tend to have awesome battery life. Well excluding the G7. Though the G7 didn't weigh very much and that was the trade off. Still the battery lasted for a good 8 hours under heavy usage. They also came with a quick charge station and two batteries.

Logitech G500 has the best comfort and weight ratio due to adjustable weights for me. Others might not agree, to each and thier own.

My right hand got been smashed because of an accident when my car flipped over when I was young, rain and gravel is bad :(. I tired many different mices for a relax and comfortable feel, so far the g500 is best for me.

If we were judging by the mouse shape and performance, then I'd go Deathadder/Mamba. However, my Mamba is already feeling old and creaky, one thumb button is loose, the mouse wheel sqeaks, and it doesn't glide nearly as smoothly as my MX518. It's a shame, because it's such a comfortable mouse.

I fixed a lot of the issues I had with it by using default Windows mouse drivers. With the Razer drivers, my mouse would lose connection a few times each day, and I would have to unplug/replug to get it to work again.

Using a G9x and loving it. Bought a second one as a backup.

I'm on my second G9. The first one was the original G9 and the second is the G9x. The latter was purchased because I wore the feet down pretty badly and wore the out grip surface down really badly.

I like my Sidewinder X8, great palm mouse. Had a Razer Mamba berfore the X8 and prefer the X8 over the Mamba.

I have a wireless Logitech G7 that I love. The first wireless gaming mouse that I purchased, and I fell in love. I loved the fact that there was no mouse cord getting in your way at times. People cry lag and all of that on wireless mice. When it was new and the battery was full I couldn't notice any lag and it was better than any wired gaming mice I'd used. However I would notice it once the battery started draining, at roughly 3/4 and down I'd notice it. I just used to swap the battery's every time I'd open up a game.

It's quite old now and the batteries don't hold as much charge and don't last as long. I haven't done any real gaming over the last 18months, but have just purchased a new gaming rig. I think I'll have to look for another mouse shortly, but the G7 has sold me on wireless, I won't ever go back to a wire :)!

im on a SS Ikari right now as my daily driver

_DSC2271.jpg

Such a comfortable mouse, best I've even ownd.

Looks more and more like I'm alone (looking through this thread, at least), but I recently got a CM Sentinel after more than 4 years on an old Logitech G5. I haven't had a single issue with the mouse (yet) and aside from wishing the scroll wheel felt a bit "clickier", I'm loving it.

Having larger hands than average, trying to hunt down a new mouse was a bit of a chore, especially given the lack of places to try any locally, so I just pulled the trigger on the Sentinel. It hasn't given me a reason to regret the purchase yet, and it feels every bit as solid as my old G5, and that's without adding a single weight. Also, unlike my old G5, I actually use the sensitivity adjustments when playing certain games (Warband, for example, where the menus are "normal" speed, but the game itself is far more sensitive) because the button location is much more logically located and easier to use.

Really don't get the criticism or lack of love for this mouse in the little bit of searching about it on these forums, but then I've only owned it for about 7 weeks...

The Sentinel uses the Twin-Eye sensor, it's going to get a lot of criticism from people that have experienced problems with them. I personally won't buy another mouse that uses the Twin-Eye sensor.

That's always been my impression of Razer mice. They've always felt relatively low quality yet they charge premium prices for many of their mice. They've also been plagued with firmware issues which is unacceptable on such a consistent basis.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Razer Deathadder better than the Logitech g5; the Deathadder is just more comfortable for me to use, which is huge plus to me. The Razer just doesn't feel like a $50 mouse, while the Logitech feels like you could beat someone senseless with it and keep on using it. The Razer packaging probably cost as much as the mouse to produce.

Lover of the MX518 for 5 years, but switched over to the G9x to see what others were raving about. Might have to go back...

So far, I'm loving the G9x. The switchable handles and weights really top it off. :)

Have a G500 right now for my desktop, the wire is bugging me so I ordered a G700. Got a MX518 for my laptop.

Logitech has been my choice.
My G5 is running 3 years strong. My previous MX518 lasted me 7 years.

Also loved my Copperhead but it didn't last long :(

Wasn't fond of the G700 I picked up. It's definitely designed for high sensitivity use.. it has a strange jitter/skipping when used at lower dps in combination with slow/precise movements. Probably should have expected that, but I'd like to go wireless again at some point. (Mamba and X8 are not options).

Back on the Dell Tactx for now. With all the mention the MX518 still gets these days, I dusted off my original MX518 I've had lying around for many years... something about it just doesn't feel right anymore. I must be used to laser sensors now. Or maybe the mouse just isn't working quite right anymore :)

how do you like that? i've been meaning to try that.

i have been using it for about 8 months now....
it fits my hand well, fast and accurate response (high dpi).
i am using it at the moment mostly for WoW so my expectations are not those of a hardcore FPSer, although i know what is like to use a fast and precise mouse

tried it on Quake live and i really liked it ( used to play Q3 arena hardcore few years back)

the pads are still looking fine and the movement of the mouse is flawless so far.
(i am using a cloth pad)

I have an original Logitech G5 Laser mouse (with the weights underneath). It's been at least 5 years and still works great. I bought a new Performance MX mouse last week, but I'm going to return it and keep using the ole' G5

Wasn't fond of the G700 I picked up. It's definitely designed for high sensitivity use.. it has a strange jitter/skipping when used at lower dps in combination with slow/precise movements.

Did the accuracy problems go away when you had the wire connected?

I have an original Logitech G5 Laser mouse (with the weights underneath). It's been at least 5 years and still works great. I bought a new Performance MX mouse last week, but I'm going to return it and keep using the ole' G5

Same here..been using my solid G5 for years...I think the left click is starting to fade if I don't hit it with enough pressure. Great mouse though in all honesty.

Back