what gaming mouse do you use/love?

+1 for Razer DeathAdder.

I prefer the non-symmetrical mouse that contours a little more with the hand.

After my 3rd IE 3.0 died from the cord FAIL, switched to the G9. Light years ahead in every facet.

I actually like my Razer Lachesis, though just about everyone around here seems to love bashing on them. No problems with the laser tracking, no problems with jumping around, no problems with buttons going bad, no cord problems, nothing. I'm starting to think many people are just really hard on their mice, or I got really lucky. Or both.

how does the G9 feel compared to the MX revo? the sidewinder x8 left something to be desired in the build quality

I know this hasn't been responded to in about 3 days but I never answered this until now. The G9 is definitely a departure from the MX Revo in terms of grip. Even with the "wide load" grip on my g9, it isn't anywhere near as comfortable (read: "I'm lazy") to hold. It isn't uncomfortable but I can't just sit here with my hand resting on the mouse like the MX Revo. The back 1/3 of my palm drags on my mouse pad so I actively have to lift my hand to move the mouse any farther than my wrist's motion grants me.

EDIT: in terms of build quality, the g9 feels more sturdy. Some people complain about the amount of force used to push the buttons but they wear in and then stay at a relatively constant amount of force to push that the MX Revo lacked. After about 8 months of use the Revo's buttons were sloppy and the 3rd button (click) of the wheel was barely there. The actual scrolling of the wheel lost it's force to where the individual scroll (like changing weapons in fps) would really go about three clicks and change to a weapon I didn't want. Also, the surface of the grip on the Revo wore off after about a year and a half. Looked like a surnburn does after it starts to peel.

Last edited:
I love my R.A.T 7 gaming mouse. The side sniping button is worth it's weight in gold.

rat9-ces.png

^liked the sensor...just wish it was inside an ikari...and didn't get hot

1998-2010 - Intellimouse 1.1 w/ Skates
Present - Zowie EC2

DA = bad
Xai = pretty good
mx518 = meh not for me... decent mouse tho
ms 3.0 = good.

I love my R.A.T 7 gaming mouse. The side sniping button is worth it's weight in gold.

Please elaborate, I really don't know what you are referring too. Thanks.

I'm currently loving the G500, awesome.

Please elaborate, I really don't know what you are referring too. Thanks.

There's a red button on the side of the mouse where your thumb rests naturally with that grip. If you push it the mouse drops the sensor's DPI sensitivity drastically while it's being held (and maybe a little longer? I don't own one, not sure, probably configurable) which results in much smaller movements on screen for larger movements of the mouse since in game sensitivity stays the same. This is supposed to let you zero in for headshots much more effectively. I have never used it, but the theory is sound.

I love the g5 and the g7, and i currently use the MX 518. i just like the shape of these mice, and the optics are awesome

There's a red button on the side of the mouse where your thumb rests naturally with that grip. If you push it the mouse drops the sensor's DPI sensitivity drastically while it's being held (and maybe a little longer? I don't own one, not sure, probably configurable) which results in much smaller movements on screen for larger movements of the mouse since in game sensitivity stays the same. This is supposed to let you zero in for headshots much more effectively. I have never used it, but the theory is sound.

Can you not just adjust the zoom sensitivity in-game? You shouldn't need a button to do that for you...

Razer deathadder - Like someone mentioned, its really comfortable. Just installed the firmware the other day and messed around and bsod'd my computer with a mouse lol.

I was playing the clicking game on facebook, and i decided to set all my buttons including scroll to click. After a few seconds, I bsod'd while playing it lol.

Using G500 atm and love it ... very good mouse

Would like to whore myself to the RAT 9 sitting on my desk but all I get is cursor drifting so no go atm :(

Steelseries Xai - very comfortable, all the driver level adjustments can be made straight from the mouse without drivers.

Both my Roccats

I hate both my Roccats. Now Speedlink, their parent company, has some cool stuff. The Kudos is a great mouse.

My suggestion would be the Sharkoon Fireglider. I have every gaming mouse out there, and this is what sits on my desk. The girlfriend even sat at my computer today (unusual), and grabbed my mouse. She exclaimed, "whoah, this one is nice... it feels perfect and it slides sooo slick." Its not perfect (I would hope for 2 buttons to adjust DPI), but damn near.

using deathadder 1800dpi and will probably use them for a long time
already tried many expensive laser mice (kone+, rat, g9x, ...) and the deathadder sensor was just far more accurate and hassle-free than anything else
too bad razer is pretty poor build quality nowadays

Back