What games to pre-order for PS4/XB1?

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
I pre-ordered the launch PS4 on Amazon. None of the bundles really interested me. What games will you be pre-orderding?

On Amazon I see (I only looked for PS4 games, sorry!),
  • Assassins Creed: Black Flag
  • BF4
  • COD Ghost
  • Destiny
  • Drive Club
  • Dying Light
  • FIFA 14
  • inFamous: Second son
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Knack.
  • Madden 25
  • NBA Live 14
  • Thief 4
  • Watch Dogs

Might have missed a few! But, AC: Black Flag and BF4 is out as I would rather play them in Eyefinity.

Destiny looks interesting. Like Bungies Mass Effect. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to preorder!

Edit: This thread is about what games to get with your new console, not what you think about preordering. Stay on topic, or don't post. I don't care what you think about preordering and your superiority. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but if I were to pre-order an Xbox One I'd be looking at getting:

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Watch Dogs

I'm not sure if Titanfall is a launch title, or if it'll be released shortly after. If it is a launch title that'd be a definite purchase. With the PS4 I'd go with:

Killzone Shadow Fall
Watch Dogs

Because you asked for a really long list of 2013 games :D

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Arma3
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Battlefield 4
Beyond: Two Souls
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Castle of Illusion HD
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Command & Conquer
Company of Heroes 2
Contrast
Dead Rising 3
Deadpool
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
Deus Ex: The Fall
Disney Infinity
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Dragon's Crown
Driveclub
DuckTales: Remastered
Dynasty Warriors 8
FIFA 14
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Forza Motorsport 5
Game & Wario
Gran Turismo 6
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hometown Story
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Killer is Dead
Killzone: Mercenary
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Knack
LocoCycle
Lost Planet 3
Madden NFL 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Muramasa Rebirth
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
New Super Luigi U
NHL 14
Peggle 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Pikmin 3
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time
Pokémon X/Y
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
Project X Zone
Puppeteer
Rayman Legends
Ryse: Son of Rome
Rune Factory 4
Saints Row IV
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Skylanders: Swap Force
Sonic Lost World
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Super Mario 3D World
Tales of Xillia
Tearaway
Tekken Revolution
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Witness
The Wonderful 101
Time and Eternity
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Total War: Rome II
Valhalla Knights 3
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Ys: Memories of Celceta

Thanks, haha, but I asked what to preorder with the launch PS4! Currently, Ill be receiving a PS4 with no games to play. :eek:

I wont preorder any games , even if i have the ps4 preordered. I will have drive club to give me time to read everyone toughts about release games , then buy the best one.

but im eyeing Watch dogs.

im getting killzone and maybe a racing game. and infamous when it comes out of course.

ps4.

Xbox one I have preordered:

Ryse: Son of Rome
Forza Motorsport 5

You preordered the worlds most generic racer and a game that consists of entirely of QTEs?

At least I suppose you wont be disappointed when you receive a generic racer and a game of QTEs. :p

You preordered the worlds most generic racer and a game that consists of entirely of QTEs?

At least I suppose you wont be disappointed when you receive a generic racer and a game of QTEs. :p

Yes, :D It has the best beautiful version of the Bugatti Veyron /SS and on the Forza 4 DLC has my dream Cadillac, the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible. I know in my lifetime I will never get to own one of these $100,000.00 Cadillac :(

I've never seen a game ever sell-out with a system launch, so pre-ordering is really only worthwhile if you're either getting a bundle, or if you just like helping Amazon or GameStop make their quarterly pre-order quota.

Of the games that were shown, Destiny and Watch Dogs were the only all-stars I saw.

Yes, :D It has the best beautiful version of the Bugatti Veyron /SS and on the Forza 4 DLC has my dream Cadillac, the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible. I know in my lifetime I will never get to own one of these $100,000.00 Cadillac :(

If you don't buy that crappy looking console and those two mediocre looking games that figure would be down to $999,380 (and you could probably go to one of those places where you get to drive such cars for less than $620). :D

100,000 dollars for a Cadillac!?! Is it made of gold with diamonds for wheels?! :p

How about you use some common sense and just don't pre-order?

i pre orderd a ps4 at amazon launch day edititon within 5minutes of the price being announced. no money down so i can always change my mind before it ships. love amazon.

but 399 is cheap enough for me to get one launch day.

for one i want a new blu-ray player in the living room so i can move my PS3 into my nieces room so she can finally watch the animated blu-rays she has in her room. i could spend 100$ and buy a stand alone blu-ray player but id rather just put that in the ps4

Watch Dogs, Madden 25, Destiny are the games i have on pre order (pretty sure destiny isnt a launch day title tho)

i can see a reason for pre ordering a ps4, its most likely going to be in short supply most of the holiday season. and as for pre ordering some launch titles might as well if you are getting the system so you get them all the same day in the same box if you orderd it online. if you are pre ordering the console local you might not need to pre order any games cause you can most likely buy them when you pick up your system.

you dont need to pre order the Xbone. i am sure it will have plenty of availability all holiday season.

I've never seen a game ever sell-out with a system launch, so pre-ordering is really only worthwhile if you're either getting a bundle, or if you just like helping Amazon or GameStop make their quarterly pre-order quota.

Of the games that were shown, Destiny and Watch Dogs were the only all-stars I saw.

I preordered so I can use it right away. Silly to not get at least one game. Getting a new console without a game is like getting a new car but not driving it, and only listening to the radio. Remember back to when you were a kid.. how sad would you been to wake up on Christmas to a PS1 or a N64 but no game? Sad day.

I preordered so I can use it right away. Silly to not get at least one game. Getting a new console without a game is like getting a new car but not driving it, and only listening to the radio. Remember back to when you were a kid.. how sad would you been to wake up on Christmas to a PS1 or a N64 but no game? Sad day.

I'm thinking the more important question is - why pre-order it? They aren't going to sell out - why not wait until the week before these systems hit and see if the games are actually worth owning? I can guarantee you'll be able to find all of them at your local Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc. on release day. Or you could just order them on Amazon 2 days before release. They guarantee new games on release day except in very specific circumstances.

I don't get why you need to actually give them your money now for an unknown quantity. The only exception would be if you work at a retail store and need to make your own quota...or if the store is offering a bundle. There were 360 launch bundles for "buy 2 get 1 free" - so that's justified, too.

I'm thinking the more important question is - why pre-order it? They aren't going to sell out - why not wait until the week before these systems hit and see if the games are actually worth owning?

I usually have this same attitude on pre-ordering software. However, if one is pre-ordering hardware, they are going to want something to play on said hardware. If you're going to get the software, why not pre-order it so you know that it's going to be there for you without having to go to another store to pick it up.

I had to make a couple of stops to get Zombie-U when it released with the Wii-U. It wasn't hard to find, just had to go to two more stores to find it. Would have much rather had gotten it all at one store -- the place where I preordered the console...

I'm thinking the more important question is - why pre-order it? They aren't going to sell out - why not wait until the week before these systems hit and see if the games are actually worth owning? I can guarantee you'll be able to find all of them at your local Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc. on release day. Or you could just order them on Amazon 2 days before release. They guarantee new games on release day except in very specific circumstances.

I don't get why you need to actually give them your money now for an unknown quantity. The only exception would be if you work at a retail store and need to make your own quota...or if the store is offering a bundle. There were 360 launch bundles for "buy 2 get 1 free" - so that's justified, too.

It's Amazon. It costs me absolutely nothing other than my time. I get charged when it ships. I can cancel at any time. I want a game to play with my new console because I'm getting it to play games on. Not hard to understand.

I guess I don't get the whole "pre-order" mentality. To me the whole idea reminds me of those desperate guys at Gamestop that try to guilt everyone into pre-ordering a list of games they've been told to push.

The concept is what causes different retailers to over and under estimate demand for games.
I have no desire to pre-order anything (free or not) that is a totally unknown quantity.

Not everything is a "totally unknown quantity". People who love FIFA and get the new version every year probably don't consider it a "totally unknown quantity". If you're getting a console you probably want at least one full "AAA" game to play on it day one (let's ignore downloads). I don't consider that irrational.

I guess I don't get the whole "pre-order" mentality. To me the whole idea reminds me of those desperate guys at Gamestop that try to guilt everyone into pre-ordering a list of games they've been told to push.

I thought the same way. I've been desperately trying to find another copy of "The Last of Us". Every single store in my city sold out on launch.

I haven't gotten my copy of "The Last of Us" yet, my order got delayed one or two days.

And to answer the original question, the only titles that interest me are Watchdogs and Infamous. Watchdogs is coming for the PC IIRC, so we can ignore that. I enjoyed the first Infamous and skipped the second, so that'd be my pick.

Guys. This thread is about what games to get with your new console, not what you think about preordering. Stay on topic, or don't post. I don't care what you think about preordering and your superiority. Thanks.

I'm not pre-ordering as I see no reason to. I'll wait for the first wave of reviews from the usual suspects and make my decision based on that. I'm usually adverse to buying games at full price anyway.

PS4
Killzone
DriveClub
Battlefield 4

X1...for my son
BF4

I would go with Destiny but I don't know if they've said it will be available launch day? Same with the Division, I'd preorder that game day one if it was a launch title, it impressed me more than any other title.

Not a big preorderer always grabbed the games I wanted the day after. Though I did preorder a launch day ps4 bundle with BF4 but that was cause it saved me 10 bucks. Otherwise I would have just grabbed the game when I got the system. I will say BF4 is worth a preorder if that is your MO, looks like a bad ass game.

Forza is easily the best looking AND best playing racer. What do you mean by generic? I don't want weapons or random features in my racing game.

And the version of Ryse shown specifically had all animations shortened to look like QTE's, they already the said the game is nothing like that and has full combat.

i pre orderd a ps4 at amazon launch day edititon within 5minutes of the price being announced. no money down so i can always change my mind before it ships. love amazon.

Does Amazon only charge you once it ships?

Last edited:
Forza is easily the best looking AND best playing racer. What do you mean by generic? I don't want weapons or random features in my racing game.

And the version of Ryse shown specifically had all animations shortened to look like QTE's, they already the said the game is nothing like that and has full combat.

Just like Halo it's only popular because it's an exclusive and has the crap promoted out of it. If you want arcade fun racers there's plenty more fun and more arcade racers, if you want realism there are plenty more realistic sim racers, it's a light arcade sim. It's just another game where you drive real life cars around real life places, it has nothing that makes it stand out from its peers, absolutely nothing. You can't really get more generic than doing what a bunch of other games have done and adding nothing new or unique.

Each title is just the same crap over and over and over. You could say the same thing about similar games like GT, but even that came out years before and was kind of different at the time. Whichever way you look at it Forza is just a bland, personality free Xbox clone of the PS's GT, and if released on other platforms probably wouldn't sell so well. It's proof that marketing works well however. I'm not sure how you can even think it's the best looking racer...

The Ryse game thing looks like it was a Kinect adventure, turned into a QTE fest. If it really was nothing like that, and it has better footage, why demonstrate using the worst parts of the game? What would be the point of demonstrating a game with footage which was nothing like the actual game? Were they doing it as a joke or something but got cut off before they showed the good footage? :p

For my PS4, I pre-ordered:

Infamous: Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
The Order: 1886

The Order: 1886 looks interesting, however, the release date on Amazon is Dec 31. 2014. A year and a half from now. That may change, but no point in preordering that far away.

How about you use some common sense and just don't pre-order?

How about you don't tell people what to do with their money? Why the hell do you care if people pre-order games or not? This recent bullshit attitude people have towards other people that pre-order needs to go the fuck away. You don't like that other people pre-order games? Well, that's just too bad. Stop crying over it.

On-Topic: Watch Dogs and inFamous: Second Son both look good. I will probably go for those. Maybe The Order, I want to see some real gameplay before deciding on that one. Nothing else announced in the launch window strikes me as "buy day 1 on the PS4". Destiny looks pretty neat, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Last edited:
Back