What games or programs are good to test with Quad SLI?

Manoj

Gawd
I managed to get another Geforce 7950GX2 card go pair up with my XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition. At first I thought that it may not work since one is a factory overclocked card while the other is an the Nvidia reference card.

Anyway, both worked just fine but I am not sure what clock speeds they are running at. I check in the control panel and it shows under the overclocking tab that my GPU and memory clocks are at the same clocks speeds like the XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition (570mhz core and 775mhz mem). Not sure if both cards are running at that clock speeds or not. Whatever it the clock speeds are, they are working fine and stable.

I am using 91.31 drivers.

I have tested in 3Dmark already and it seems that 3DMark 2006 shows a slight improvement with Quad SLI. May be about 10%. That is not much. In 3DMark 2005, there was no improvement with Quad SLI. In 3DMark 2003, there was a very good improment with quad SLI.

So Quad SLI works in 3DMark 2003 (well) and 3DMark 2006 (little) but not in 3DMark 2005.

In games I have only tested FEAR and the performance with Quad SLI is much better than just with a single Geforce 7950GX2.

Now I want to know how to set the image quality higher in FEAR (eg. 8x FSAA and 32x AF).

Which other games to test with Quad SLI and how to improve the quality settings? In the drivers or the game settings?

Why don't you test what you have. Whats the point of testing something that has already proven to work?

I know that Quake4, HL2, BF2, Doom3 and FEAR have performance gains with Quad-SLI, so test something else :p

Yeah - you're likely hitting some cpu bound limits with those benchies.. try jacking up the IQ and resolution settings in the drivers (I think that's the way to go past the 8xAA in game setting - maybe.?). IQ features seem to be more bound to the raw video horse power, irregardless of your cpu speed, so that's where you'll see bigger improvments over running on one 7950. I think Quake4, Oblivion, FEAR, HL2 (not ep 1) and I am going to guess the Prey demo (due out tomorrow! YAY) will work with quad.. from what I have read.. what's the max res of your monitor? punching the res up is another area where SLI always shines.. being able to step up one or two notches and not loose any fps to speak of. :)

J-Mag said:
Why don't you test what you have. Whats the point of testing something that has already proven to work?

I know that Quake4, HL2, BF2, Doom3 and FEAR have performance gains with Quad-SLI, so test something else :p

I want to know how to increase the Game resolution to 1920x 1200 in FEAR and also 8x FSAA and 32x AF. I can't do so in the game options. How about Quake 4 and Half Life 2?

I can't get Quake 4 to work with Quad SLI with 91.31 drivers. Am I doing something wrong?

Manoj said:
I want to know how to increase the Game resolution to 1920x 1200 in FEAR and also 8x FSAA and 32x AF. I can't do so in the game options. How about Quake 4 and Half Life 2?

Well do you have a monitor that supports 1920x1200? Basically you can only test within the limits of your monitor's max res. However you can always use high AA modes.

I wasn't aware of 32x AF mode, but Quad SLI can run 32x AA. Obviouosly all the higher AA levels will need ot be set within the driver control panel. I would use global settings first if I were you.

J-Mag said:
Well do you have a monitor that supports 1920x1200? Basically you can only test within the limits of your monitor's max res. However you can always use high AA modes.

I wasn't aware of 32x AF mode, but Quad SLI can run 32x AA. Obviouosly all the higher AA levels will need ot be set within the driver control panel. I would use global settings first if I were you.

I have a 24" Dell Widescreen Ultra Sharp LCD monitor.

I am using the HardwareOC Quake4 benchmark program from Guru3D and it doesn't work with Quad SLi.

If I load the game manually then it works. Strange.

Anyway, can anyone please tell me how to change the resolution to 1920x1200 for FEAR and also to increase the quality settings.

Manoj said:
I can't get Quake 4 to work with Quad SLI with 91.31 drivers. Am I doing something wrong?

Try running the game in High Quality mode, the [H] review of the BFG 7950GX2 mentioned an issue with running Quake 4 in Ultra Quality.

I'd be very intrested to see your results. I've got my second XFX XXX 7950 on the way, hopefully should have it tomorrow. I've really just started playing Quake 4 (finished F.E.A.R. some time ago but may play again since it gets such a huge boost from QUAD-SLI, plus I love that game, can wait for the sequal his fall).

Good luck!

Manoj said:
Anyway, can anyone please tell me how to change the resolution to 1920x1200 for FEAR and also to increase the quality settings.

C drive>shared documents>Monolith Productions>Fear> settings

Open Settings with notepade and change the width and hieght values,click save. FOV will auto set

Then just go into the nvidia control panel find the profile for FEAR and change to 8x and 32x

psychoace said:
Then just go into the nvidia control panel find the profile for FEAR and change to 8x and 32x

How come i can only set it to 16x and not 32x? FSAA max 8S

Back