What games have you regretted buying?

Hitman: Silent Assasin
POS Game, let's spend 7Hours finding ways to kill a guy then fail and then spend next 7 finding an alternative way! the trial-and-error approach made the game even more horrible. notwithstanding the Zero Recoil feel in weapons and a hardly likable protagonist. :mad:

Doom 3 -
id software, you can't make good games, stop trying! :confused:

Battlefield 2. For some reason I could not stand this game at all. I do enjoy Battlefield 2142 though.

Odd, I generally prefer Battlefield 2 to 2142 but I do enjoy both.

I just don't get people saying they hate STALKER, it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

the oppinions on STALKER are very parabolic... people intensley love it or intensley hate it... and the oddity seems to be that there is little discernable difference between the two camps and each states identical reasons when listing why they love/hate it... its bewildering how there is such a lack of a middle ground stance on this game...

I'm enjoying it, substantialy... I'm not sure how to relate to the other side... its not a game to quickly pick up, but is more rewarding than any FPS in recent memmory other than my first Quake 1 experiences...

Odd, I generally prefer Battlefield 2 to 2142 but I do enjoy both.

I just don't get people saying they hate STALKER, it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.
Any game that has a long development time, new screenies released every couple of months and is billed as the "second coming" is bound to disappoint a fair share of people when they actually try it. See Doom 3 reference above ^^..

Gears of War.

All the hype made this game look like it was going to be so amazing and really - It was fun for about 2 weeks at best. Online was simply boring.

Waste of my cash ...

WoW.

I got so into the game that I quit my job as a Real Estate Appraiser to be a GM at Blizzard. Anyone that has been in a serious end-game guild is well aware of the ridiculous commitment necessary to keep up. I was working the overnight shift as a GM, going home to sleep 3-4 hours, alarm would go off to raid for the next 4-5 hours, then I'd sleep for just another 2 hours before returning to work.

It took me simultaneously quitting my job as a GM and selling my account to leave the game. I'm now questing IRL, backpacking through New Zealand and Australia. ;)

WoW.

I got so into the game that I quit my job as a Real Estate Appraiser to be a GM at Blizzard. Anyone that has been in a serious end-game guild is well aware of the ridiculous commitment necessary to keep up. I was working the overnight shift as a GM, going home to sleep 3-4 hours, alarm would go off to raid for the next 4-5 hours, then I'd sleep for just another 2 hours before returning to work.

It took me simultaneously quitting my job as a GM and selling my account to leave the game. I'm now questing IRL, backpacking through New Zealand and Australia. ;)

Um - there a regretful video game purchase and then there is a idiotic career move. There is no fine line between.

So many. Trespasser was the first one I thought of, though, so I'll just list it and leave. :)

RagManX

Hype, advertisements, word of mouth, misleading or lack of a demo, whatever the reason, what games did you buy that still make you think the ~$50 would have been better spent?

Half Life 2 - Silly thin plot and half a game. Not a patch on the original.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 - Took all the fun out of the series with the move to 3D.
Need For Speed: Carbon - Didn't look or play as good as Most Wanted. Fine if you like drifting (I didn't), but otherwise poorest game of the franchise.
Railroads! - Crashes and freezes would be bad enough, but to remove the depth that made the original Railroad Tycoon such fun to begin with is a cardinal sin. After the first patch nothing else has been forthcoming to fix the problems.

Gears of War.

All the hype made this game look like it was going to be so amazing and really - It was fun for about 2 weeks at best. Online was simply boring.

Waste of my cash ...

I agree. Game looks great an single player is a hoot. Online is pretty boring IMO. You either waste everyone or you get wasted. Either way getting wasting and then getting wasted in the game is still pretty fun.
I sat down and played for 2 hours online the other day and I just ended up pissed off and hungry and missing 2 hours of my life.
I just don't get it. People snipe me all the time. Instant kill. I snipe them in the head. Nothing. Little blood splatter is all. I mean come on....Don't get me started on the shotgun. Woops too late. I sit there shooting someone in the head repeatedly at point blank range with the shottie. Then they calmly turn toward me and shoot me once and I die. That happens over and over again. Then my teammates getting mad at me for dying. I'm like WTF. Every other game on XBL that I play like Cod 2, Cod 3, Halo 2, and Rainbow 6 Vegas, I have no problem killing folks. Gears...i have no idea what the problem is.
If it wasn't for the great graphics and single player game, I would have to say it's a waste of money. If someone were to offer me a trade for any other game, I'd take it.

WoW.

wait, you quit a real life paying job to be totally committed to a video game?

i dont know what to say without sounding harsh....

^^ :mad:

Good. Use your saved money to buy a book, namely one that includes the past tense of 'pay' spelled properly.

I don't know if I really regret it or not. But Soul Reaver 2, Soul Reaver Defiance and Blood Omen 2. I love the story but teh game should've been a movie.... I liked how 2 played but the fact that there was no bosses annoyed me alot. 3 had bad gameplay. Blood Omen 2 was good but I couldn't get into it at all so I never made it far and the gameplya was slow which factor into that.

I love teh story though, but as a game...... meh. I might regret buying XenoSaga 3, cuz Since I bought it like 4 months ago or maybe more, Ihavne't even put it into PS2 yet. I want to yet never felt like it >.> So I regret and not... its odd.....

Oh... A game I just remembered cuz its in front of me that I truly regret is.... Lords of Magic, what a piece of crap.

Gears of War.

Waste of my cash ...

There is something wrong w/ you, that game is AMAZING, online play made it even better...

o Vanguard--I'm a patsy for MMORPGs.
o EQ 2--see above--they both sucked IMO v. WoW.
o Gears of War--shooters aren't meant for gamepads.
o Viva Pinata--way over-hyped. Never understood the point.
o Gothic 3--too much work to play through the bugs.
o SiN Episode 1--HL2 in different clothes. Lazy-a$$ design.

WoW - after 4 months playing i have already logged 19days and 10 hours as of today. for those of you doing the math... I'll confirm , thats like16% of my total time.

Lineage 2 - My first and last MMO. Stole 6 months of my life, surprised I still have a marriage.

GTA3 - Just wasn't any fun. I tried to like this game, really.

Devil May Cry 2 - Barf. what a POS compared to the first game.

BF 2142

Waste of money...game is identical to BF2 in every way, I guess its my fault for thinking EA would change a thing or 2.

BF 2142

Waste of money...game is identical to BF2 in every way, I guess its my fault for thinking EA would change a thing or 2.

It plays smoother than BF2 does, and the aircraft are super easy to fly, but otherwise it's a total reskin with a new game mode. I do enjoy Titan mode and if it weren't for that I wouldn't play it.

I dunno but, if anyone is thinking of buying that new game Two worlds, dont. Or you will most likely be posting here. lol :)

I played it for hours and got very far. I had to give up because of how unbalanced and repetitive it is. Poorly optimized as well. Dont waste your money.

People just like you on every forum.

Mr Grammer Spelling Police. :confused:

i think he was more making the connection between people who don't pay for games and people who cannot spell well, at least that's the connection i made.....rather than calling you out for your spelling error alone ;)

you should try Firefox, it enables you to spell well without knowing how to spell well.....wait, thats might be counter-productive....sigh..

a few years back i bought battlecruiser mellenium after reading the back of the box. just wow....how could a good idea possibly go so horribly wrong!?!? i got my money back - it wouldn't even work right AFTER patching...nice!!

then a year later i saw universal combat on the shelves for $20....and the cycle begins anew:)

I dunno but, if anyone is thinking of buying that new game Two worlds, dont. Or you will most likely be posting here. lol :)

I played it for hours and got very far. I had to give up because of how unbalanced and repetitive it is. Poorly optimized as well. Dont waste your money.

o rly??? an unbalanced and poorly optomized BETA??? youre kidding.

There is something wrong w/ you, that game is AMAZING, online play made it even better...

I agree, I got amped when I rented it (luckily rented before bought)

I played single player for about 30 minutes... controls were funky... gameplay was odd... needless to say I just wanted to play an FPS, not a ghetto 3rdperson over the shoulder hiding ducking diving POS that was.

Online was even worse, I couldn't tell who the fuck was on my team and kinda gave up after that...

i think he was more making the connection between people who don't pay for games and people who cannot spell well, at least that's the connection i made.....rather than calling you out for your spelling error alone ;)

you should try Firefox, it enables you to spell well without knowing how to spell well.....wait, thats might be counter-productive....sigh..

I actually use Both Opera and Firefox.
I just don't use the intergrated Spell checkers.

I think he was just pointing out that I made a spelling/grammer error, thats all. (He had to poke at me somehow...)

Morrowind GOTY Edition...bought it thinking I'd love it...hardly touched it all, been sitting on my shelf for like, 2+ years :rolleyes:

Think I'll sell it

Haha....just thought of this one: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I honestly TRIED to like this game. The game sucked.

I regretted buying all Need For Speed game starting from Hot Pursuit 2, to Carbon.

Plain crap. Simple as that.

High Stakes, Porches, original Hot Pursuit, all were great though.

Back