What games have you regretted buying?

James Bond 007 Agent Under Fire. That game sucked balls.

Multiplayer on the pc was funny though. I got a free copy of the game and installed it at a friends house one day as we had nothing to do. We spent the next few hours playing it online kicking everyones ass. After the first game we each played we were first every full game(not counting the games you jump into that are like half over). After like an house my friend seems to think he can take first place without using a gun(punching people to death). Manages to pull it off first try. After that he would go in getting most of his kills via punch and I would take people out with the pen darts. Funny feeling when you get people trying to kick you out of servers for cheating when you have only been playing the game an hour or so.

diablo 2 is on my list too. not because it sucks, but i spent more time playing this game than ANYTHING else (except school) at the time. i want 4 years of my life back!

hahahaha I feel the same way. i wish i had spent my time more wisely.

rainbow 6........slow and boring

So, I'm guessing that you're a fan of Rainbow Six Vegas, considering that you're their prime demographic now... it was slow for a reason, and only boring to you probably because it required actual planning, it's not duke nukem 3d!

So, I'm guessing that you're a fan of Rainbow Six Vegas, considering that you're their prime demographic now... it was slow for a reason, and only boring to you probably because it required actual planning, it's not duke nukem 3d!

R6:RS FTW!

Ah, so if the game had a white protagonist you would have liked it?

I agree with the OP. It's not that they are not white, I was annoyyed at how the game crams the fact that he's an Indian at you. It's like Spiderman 2. "With great power comes great responsibility." Say it once, I got it. Say it 500 times, I get iritated.

Sim Theme Park- Going from Roller Coaster Tycoon to that was like going from an Athlon FX to a 486.

Lineage 2- I pretty much dropped out of school and quit my job because of L2 addiction.

Guild Wars: Factions- Over-hyped and not as good as I expected.

X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter. What a letdown after the masterpiece that was Tie-Fighter CDROM (still the best game ever made imho). No campaign, no mouse support, and the net code sucked (or maybe that was my dialup).

X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter. What a letdown after the masterpiece that was Tie-Fighter CDROM (still the best game ever made imho). No campaign, no mouse support, and the net code sucked (or maybe that was my dialup).

No the netcode sucked. I played it on LAN a few times and it wasn't very good performance wise.

vanguard.

messed my grades up a little and the game wasn't (isn't) that great due to bugs, lack of polish, lack of dev response

Target Renegade for NES (worst game ever)
Spiderman for Game Gear
The Sims (was bored after a day, but apparently a lot of other people like it *shrugs*)

Q3 Arena
Unreal Tournament
(Didn't really play those games much because of HL mods at the time)

Super Swing Golf
Trauma Center Wii

X3 the threat - looked amazing, but never ran good...not even on my current rig.
C&C Generals - Just terrible

Alien Virus!
Worst, horrible, crappiest excuse for a poorly-designed, "adventure" game that revolves around a story that it doesn't tell you (which is the only bright point of the game). A long, poorly directed opening movie with terrible voice-acting that CANT BE SKIPPED even if you just want to load up a game that you've already started; is just icing on the cake. Most of the puzzles don't make sense, and I managed to make myself a "walking dead" by exiting an area without realizing that there was more to pick up... and there's no way to crawl back through the STUPID LITTLE HOLE THAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN THERE DO YOU SEE ME CLICK ON IT WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T GET IN THERE I JUST CAME OUT OF IT!

So yea, it's a terrible game, you'll never want to play it. You'd gouge your eyeballs out and stick sharp pencils through your eardrums if you had only those two options or playing the game.

Oh, anybody want to buy it? I don't need it anymore... :p

BF 2142... tried to enjoy it for a couple weeks, then installed Project Reality mod and haven't played anything else since. Even thinking about playing this now gets me frustrated compared to how smooth and fun Project Reality is.

Battlefield 2... between the crashing, and the part where controls were retarded to set up the way you want there was the fact that the game turned into a flight sim with living targets. I hated flying around and wanted to appreciate the FPS element... and it was ruined for me by jack-asses feeling the need to drop multi-million dollar bombs on a lonely jeep or on a person at their spawn.

I am surprised you guys regreted buying STALKER... I mean, I understand the graphics glitches and abnormaly high difficulty... but after being pissed for the first 2 hours of the game, I found myself coming back to it over and over... even the reviewer from PC Gamer fell to the same syndrome... he gave it a lack-luster review but then printed that he is not able to tell why he keeps coming back to the game, as apparently he cant stop playing this game either and forced himself to give a better score for an intangeable quality he couldnt put his finger on. I agreed with his review... there is something in that game that makes you just come back to it over and over... I even beat Spiderman 3 inbeetween coming back to that game and still I want more.

I would also like to add that I regreted buying EVERY EverQuest 1 expansion after Planes of Power...

Do I hear the sobbing and tooth grinding of the players of that test of personal self-torture that having hope for Vanguard turned into after playing it for 2 months?

I am surprised you guys regreted buying STALKER... I mean, I understand the graphics glitches and abnormaly high difficulty... but after being pissed for the first 2 hours of the game, I found myself coming back to it over and over... even the reviewer from PC Gamer fell to the same syndrome... he gave it a lack-luster review but then printed that he is not able to tell why he keeps coming back to the game, as apparently he cant stop playing this game either and forced himself to give a better score for an intangeable quality he couldnt put his finger on. I agreed with his review... there is something in that game that makes you just come back to it over and over... I even beat Spiderman 3 inbeetween coming back to that game and still I want more.

Completely agree. For some reason I couldn't stay away from STALKER.

Battlefield 2. For some reason I could not stand this game at all. I do enjoy Battlefield 2142 though.

I actually like 2142 quite a bit. :confused:

I did, until the latest moronic implementation of PB. If you're playing 2142, check your services. You're now (whether you like it or not) running a 24/7 pnkbstera.exe service. Oh, and a pnkbsterb service that only runs while you're actually playing.

That's right, if you want to play BF2142 for 2 hours on a Saturday, Punkbuster wants you to run their software on your pc 24/7.

I don't like how much system time PB takes up while I'm actually running the game. If they think I'm going to run PB when I'm not running the game they can suck rectum.

Saint's Row: console games should not be released with such glaring issues. I sold it after about a week of frustration.

Lord of the rings. The Third Age

simply impossible to play and boring like a late night talk show

s.

another vote for MOO3, i actually pre-ordered it... what a mistake!

SlaveZero - not a bad game, but a bit meh

Supreme Commander - I did finish one campaign, but gave up in the middle of the second one. I know its fun, but not for me. its like it is missing something.. or the controls are too much, i cant tell, but i know that there is a flaw in it or in me.

Homeworld 2- one was awesome (especially when your fleet was sooo huge, your video card could not render all of the ships), 2 was tedious, some of the mods are the only reason i keep on reinstalling it every so often.

P.S. i believe in try, and if you like it you buy approach! if you can return your shoes in as much as 365 days (or most items in 30), why not same for games? and music? and movies?

What was the name of that Rainbow Six game that came out before Vegas.
It was the one that was really different then all other RB6 games.
I think it was called Lockdown.
I bought that game.

Right off the bat, it SUCKED!
I figured I need to give it a chance to improve.
I played it for 2 hours
I closed the game
Deleted it off my computer
Took the Disk out of my computer
Tossed it on the floor and rolled my chair back and forth over it
AWEFUL AWEFUL GAME!

Back