What games have you pulled all-nighters playing?

desert combat mod for bf1942... i remember those night playing while waiting for the new release, those pre 0.5 release were just awesome!

WoW once or twice.

AoE2

the next will be tf2

My 16th Birthday party, I remember renting 2 copies od Goldeneye and my friend brought his N64 over and me and about 6 other friends experienced Goldeneye for ther first time, all night long.

Halo Lan parties...

Dungeons and Dragons Online: My favorite MMO by far, I just wish there were more people playing it.

... spent 24 hour shift in EverQuest back in the day on a uncountable number of occasions. 48hours a few times and even a 72 hour WTF was i thinking moment... I miss enjoying a game enough and having the time to do that lol growing up is the suck.

I had spent many all-nighters playing Ragnarok Online, Lineage 2, Counter-Strike, and Anarchy Online. There are probably some others I am forgetting, but those are the notables. The most recent was last week Tuesday, since UCSD had no school, I went out and bought Halo 3 and pulled off an all-nighter with a bro.

never, i have a life, a real one, i love video games, will play for several hours, but never an all nighter, no way no how

Im a night shifter so i usually play all games overnight on my days off, BUT.. the first game i remember keeping me up till sunrise when i had a normal schedule was Earthbound. I rented it and was genuinely suprised to see the sun coming up thinking it was only 1am or so. I played from the start all the way to the part where you get Jeff at that school.

in recent years the only game that really made me stay up all night was Wow, mostly because once you start a quest or raid you feel absolutely obligated to see it through till the end, and especially since you have the opportunity to roll for some nice new gear.. but I've since quit wow and I'm back to getting sleep again.. sleep ftw :p

edit: it's 5am and i've been playing tf2 all night so we can add that to the list as well lol ;)

Im a night shifter so i usually play all games overnight on my days off, BUT.. the first game i remember keeping me up till sunrise when i had a normal schedule was Earthbound. I rented it and was genuinely suprised to see the sun coming up thinking it was only 1am or so. I played from the start all the way to the part where you get Jeff at that school.

Having a weird schedule really helps, it's actually the only reason I can really get any of the gaming in that I currently do. If I ever switch to a day shift, my gaming days are through. Kaput.

Lol, when I was like 8 or 9 my dad caught me caught me playing doom95 at like 2AM on a school night for the second night in a row. He unplugged the computer and hid the cables. The withdrawl was terrible. :( :( Please don't laugh but I literally cried after I got that computer and that game taken away from me..

So, let's just say I learned at very young age not to pull all-nighters with video games. I might stay up like an extra hour or two, but I also value sleep as one of my favorite activities, so I need at least 6 hours of that. ;)

I've never pulled a full-on all nighter, but the closest was with MOH:AA online multi-player. Man, that was a while ago!

Let's see if I can get this in order:

Wolfenstein 3D
X-COM
X-Wing
Doom
Quake
Warcraft 2
Total Annihilation
Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear
Empire Earth
Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour
Company of Heroes

edit: Predicting something out of the Orange Box will prompt at least one. We'll see.

OMG How did I forget FREESPACE2?

That is the only game in my entire life where I've decided to beat it more than once.

I spent like 24 hrs or so straight playing NWN when it came out. I don't recall pulling any all nighters on the Baldur's Gate games though. I tried to pace myself on those

WoW of course...
That's probably about it. I usually try to squeeze in 1-2 hours of sleep now, so I don't quite pull all nighters :D

REALLY an all nighter? WOW when I was levelling. Just staying up to like 5AM? Lately, The Witcher.

HL2 Ep 1... It took me about 4-5 hours iirc, but I started it at like midnight so I guess you can call that an all nighter... Also I've pulled many all nighters playing CS:S :p

everquest 1 and 2....WoW. Quit both so i can sleep correctly. Been itchin for a fix lately though.

I pulled several all-nighters with Quake 2 in February and March 1998. Those were genuine all nighters where I'd start at 10PM or so and play all night without closing the program, until the sun was up and I was completely weak and feeble from not sleeping or eating. I'd go out and get a $3 breakfast and some takeout coffees downstairs, and come back up to play for a couple more hours. I was in school at the time and pretty much chose Quake 2 over most of my credits that semester.

The next game to inspire all nighters was Quake 3, when I finally got a real gaming computer in late fall of 2000.

In spring 2001 I discovered Tribes 2 and spent the entire summer playing that game. I got more hooked on Tribes 2 than any other game before or since. There were several all nighters, and I even joined a clan for the first time. I could play for six hours at a time and not feel burnt out or frustrated. It was so damn fun, had such great control, graphics, sound, classes, vehicles, everything. It gave you massive freedom of choice in how to contribute to the team effort.

RTCW multiplayer kept me up all night a couple times around Xmas 2001.

MOHAA multiplayer caused a few all-nighters in winter 2002.

BF1942 is the last game to keep me engaged for so long. I played it for years, most of the all-nighters occuring in fall 2003 and winter 2004. I joined a clan for a little while. Since then I have loved many games, but haven't played anything for more than 2 hours at a time since BF1942.

Pretty much every game I play or have played I give an all nighter

WoW
HL1-ep1 (haven't done 2 yet"
Farcry
Every BattleField released.

Just too many to list lol

starcraft and counterstrike is where i spent the better half of my college years pulling all nighters or more like all dayers. me and my buds would play through the night and skip classes in the morning.

bf2 was the last game i pulled all nighters.

all other games i can control myself and play 1-2 hrs.

CS:S

Quake 4

F.E.A.R

Doom 3

But I take Temazepam to sleep so all nighters are easy for me.

Everquest - several times playing more than 24 hours, at times sadly doing nothing but sitting on that god forsaken hill in velious waiting for the #^$*@ griffon to spawn.

Everquest - several times playing more than 24 hours, at times sadly doing nothing but sitting on that god forsaken hill in velious waiting for the #^$*@ griffon to spawn.

Or the Ancient Cyclops In SRo for Jboots only to have some wizard pull it from you *pulls hair out*

Well, let's see....

WC 1 & 2
AOE 1 & 2
EQ I (got really bad then!)
D1 & 2
CS
BF1942
BF2
WoW

I haven't really had any all-nighters since WoW and I've been retired from it for a year.

WoW almost all the time when I played. Some days minimal sleep between work and play. Before WoW Lineage 2. My god the wasted time with those two games.... :(

My god the wasted time with those two games.... :(

QFT. While I had a blast with EQ over 3 years, the time playing took its toll on my body :(

My daily schedule went something like this for the first 6 months after release:

EQ
Work
Nap at lunch
Work
Sleep for 2-4 hours
EQ

Rinse & Repeat

I was able to handle WoW a lot better because of my EQ experience. Moderation is key :D

CS
Tribes
...if I pick it up today, CoD4

RC Pro Am
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dribble
Ikari Warriors

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Amazing how fast time goes by when you are building a coaster!)
Super Mario Bros (NES)

I did a cross country (literally) flight with a Piper Cub on Flight Sim 2004, just to say I did.

Counter-Strike, 43 hours straight at my old LAN center. Only short bathroom breaks and you ate in front of the computer. Those were the rules. I damn near passed out towards the end, but everyone wanted me to make 48 hours. I just couldn't do it though.

This was years ago.

Haven't done an all-nighter in a while, but Medieval II: TW and Rome: TW have kept me going long enough to see the sun rise again. I always tell myself, "just one more battle..."

HL2, UT, UT2k3/4 :D, Doom 3, Mario 3 (NES), WoW...(a lot more than once...lol), Super C (NES)

My friends and I pulled many all-nighters with Tecmo Super Bowl back in the day. We'd play through whole seasons, each person playing through using an individual team. Randall Cunningham was so awesome in that game. And the computer-controlled Bo Jackson and OJ Anderson in the playoffs...call a pass defense and the computer runs the ball=vroom, vroom gone!

Also played a Cleric in EverQuest, and was the only Cleric for awhile in the first guild I ever joined. Needless to say, I had to log a few 24-hour shifts during Plane of Fear raids. EverQuest resulted in many sleepless nights for about four years; it's amazing I was able to finish my Master's thesis during this time.

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 10
Metal Gear solid 2
Diablo 1
Diablo 2
Hellgate London (comes close to diablo adventures).

Mostly remember like most of you playing Diablo 2 for 2 days strait and passing out on the 3rd day only to wake up on the 4th day and ask my friend what day it was lol.

Back