What games have you pulled all-nighters playing?

Half Life 1, Counterstrike Source, and of course Halo 1 and 2 all nighter lan parties.

Let's see here... It's all mathematical. Going by "The Law of the Gaming Man" (I just made this up), you must cut your gaming time in half for each new big thing in your life of those 3.

Your time to game, broken down:

No kids, single, unemployed = 100% time
No kids, single, full-time job = 50% time
No kids, a significant other, full-time job = 25% time
Kids, a significant other, full-time job = 12.5% time to play games.

Once you throw in things you should probably care about, like eating, you're down another half to 6.25%, which gives you approximately 10.5 hours per week to play video games -- almost exactly your 9pm-9am schedule. :p ;)

That is so true!

Don't usually pull all-nighters for games particularly... but have at LANs.
Guess that would mean Starcraft, CS:S, CS 1.6 and Quake 3.

ONLY one (mind you I have only had a good computer for a bit :p )

CSS, with my old best friend chris... bring his computer over here, throw it on my network and play on one server all night long and just shoot the shit

Oblivion. I was up all night, like 2 weeks ago, trying to raise my character's level to 10 so I could do the skeleton key quest.

one tons of times
1999/2000/2001/02....Delta Force 2...all night/day playing multiplayer

if i wasn't pulling an all nighter id usually go to bed at 4AM id stop playing the game at 3am then put the TV on FoodTV and watch Ming Tsai at 3am then i cant remember which came on but it was either The Galloping Gourmet or Molto Mario at 3:30am then id hit the sack at 4 and wake up at noon the next day and continue playing

i think ive pulled a few double/triple all nighters straight for the game...

there are others but none quite consumed my life like good ole Delta Force...ahh those were the days

Planetside (MMOFPS )

Pretty much any game I enjoyed, I played a lot... can't really say much else... haha... got 70 hours on TF2... Probably hundreds on Starcraft, Counterstrike, Planetside, Battlefield series... Diablo series...

Planetside in an Outfit (clan) on Ventrilo, it was so big we had people all over the world (For whatever reason, there were servers on the west and east coast but they logged into the west coast one). There was someone online, all the time. For a period of a summer that's literally all I did, I woke up, played planetside, fell asleep while playing, woke up and played some more. Occasionally taking a break to go to the bathroom or get something to eat, sad I know but it was worth it. And I haven't had as much fun playing computer games up until TF2... Although I really miss Planetside, back in the Beta days even when it was buggy as hell, learning everything there was about the game and figuring it all out was fun as hell.

Played for hours? I can list a ton of games.

Overnight? Only tribes and counter strike (pre 1.0 to 1.6) come to mind. I recently pulled an almost all nighter when I played tf2 for the first time. Started playing at 12 after getting done everything and thought I would check it out for a little bit only to look up and see the clock showing 4am.

World of Warcraft

sometimes i say the benefits outweigh the consequences, other times i can say this is not true.

OMG I forgot about Tribes.

I played Tribes 2 for hours on end... jesus christ that was fun too...

I downloaded the Tribes 1 Demo off Fileplanet and played for a little bit "this is kinda neat" and I go to the store to find out Tribes 2 was released THAT day. So I buy that... played ridiculous hours on that, Clan matches, disk duels... I miss that game too. Tribes Vengeance was fun but sort of a disappointment, hard to get the controls down until you'd been playing for a while. I forgot my old keybinds and really had more trouble picking it up again when I tried. Now the community is basically dead for that.

I still got my Halflife 1 Demo/Preview disk :D it's pretty funny how bad it looked back then (Quake 1... maybe worse)

back in the day,

heh.. my first allnighter... all night playing super mario bros, duck hunt and exite bike.. more of exite bike in the level editor mode than any thing..

doom over null modem... good fun..

x wing, tie fighter, b wing expansion.

we acctually built a small cockpit out of a closet with tinfoil over the louvered doors to keep light out, and modifyed a keyboard so that one person had flight and weapons controls, while the other had control over shields power management, and objective tracking... (b wing and the tie fighter expansion (forgot name) got hard like that.. there was no way you could move your hands fast enought to do what you needed to succeed at some of the missions... damn tie fighter and there non shielded asses...)

leisure suit larry... got stuck on some wierd part and took for ever to figure it out.. lol

adventure quest... dont remeber which #

quake, 2, 3...

quake 2 WoD mod... bwahahaha grenade bazooka, cycled to plasma gernades... 3 meter circle of death...
ohh.. yeah...

rainbow 6... zomgs the multiplayer pwnage with the 12 guage and flashbangs.,.

dealtforce... well.. not quite all nighters.. but still. tons of fun..

MS flight sim...98 i think it was.. got a gold edition from work (gamestop at the time) spent hours trying to land a 747 on the nimtiz (aircraft carrier) the odd part.. i succedded.. it was all about stalling the plane at just the right time and altitude.. so that the plain ploped down on the carrier ( more or less screwing with the game physics JUST so...)

recently... halflife,halflife 2, episode 1, episode 2 all back to back.. i was fried after that run...

doom 3... started around midnight... and succeded in scareing the crap out of my self... lol (not really, but i was sure jumpy at twitching objects in my peripheral vision for a few days...)

many nights on WoW...

peggel nearly got an entire night out of me... then i got mad and uninstalled it..

and.. at my last lan party, played thought co-op serious sam 1 and 2 back to back its alot of fun knowig your pretty much invincible.

Starcraft for sure, I don't play it anymore, but it's top 3 of my favourite games.
Diablo 2, a shitload of time, mainly just magic finding and leveling with old roommate. Soul Calibur when the Dreamcast first came out, a bunch of use took turn fighting each other.

FF7
old school CS
Warcraft 2 when I got m first computer.

I'm sure there are a bunch more though.

QW TF
QW Arena
CS (Played back when it 1st came out off and on)
HL mod Natural selection
Grand theft auto 1 & 2
Tribes
Tribes2
BF1942 DC mod

It was back in the day when I moved and had no friends\job\school I sure dont miss those days :D

Those are the only ones I really remember having fun with but their are tons of games I stayed up all night playing :( I was one of those losers you have no doubt in your mind cheat but really didn't have a life so I was able to perfect my gaming abilities.

Many nights playing RTCW MP. So many i can't even count.

Only SP game that kept me up all night was Doom 3.

mmmm, the first game to make me play all night on a night I shouldn't have was mechwarrior 2.

then came q2, my first MP game. I was OK until I discovered lithium mod, with the power up runes and off hand grapple. Good lord those were fun times.

Then BattleZone, good lord that game owned me. Had my father chew my ass out more then once for being a dipshit and staying up all night on a worknight playing. He had the right as I worked for him at the time :p

Then tribes made me even worse, and when renegades mod came out, I was a certified zombie.

Tribes 2 made me even worse then that

had fun with ut2k3 & 4, but they never made me pull allnighters except on weekends.

Will be getting TF 2, so we'll see about that one......

Anyone who's ever been or held a lan party at their house has to have some good stories of all nighters.

Earliest all nighter was probably back on the Nintendo playing Super Contra all night. I think I was 9 or 10.

When I got to college my first roommate and I would play You Don't Know Jack all night every once in awhile. Most of my college all nighters were intermingled with writing papers or finishing labs. I had to do something to keep me awake. We also had fun playing Worms over lan.

Once I discovered CS though, I lost ALOT of sleep. Never forget my clan lanning together and going to waffle house at 5:30 in the morning to find out that they were out of: napkins, straws, milk, orange juice, and yes, waffle mix.

Anyone who's ever been or held a lan party at their house has to have some good stories of all nighters.

Earliest all nighter was probably back on the Nintendo playing Super Contra all night. I think I was 9 or 10.

When I got to college my first roommate and I would play You Don't Know Jack all night every once in awhile. Most of my college all nighters were intermingled with writing papers or finishing labs. I had to do something to keep me awake. We also had fun playing Worms over lan.

Once I discovered CS though, I lost ALOT of sleep. Never forget my clan lanning together and going to waffle house at 5:30 in the morning to find out that they were out of: napkins, straws, milk, orange juice, and yes, waffle mix.

woohoo, nothing beats a midnight waffle house run!

Civ I
Everquest

That's about it, haven't pulled any real all nighters gaming for several years now.

Tribes (og)
Counterstrike... its amazing how fast a night of scrims can go by.
Starcraft
TF2

Golden Eye N64
Mario Kart SNES
UT99 PC
Half Life 2 PC
Command and Conquer 3 PC
World in Conflict PC

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Counter Strike
UT2004

Mostly Halo 2 and 3. I've been to countless Halo 2 lans and have had at least 3 or 4 Halo 3 ones at my place since September, including last night/this morning and probably tonight again too :cool:

Though I didn't start on it, I ended the night on Second Life. I downloaded it for a bit of a muck about with a girl in my class, and we had a great time ripping the piss out of all the people taking it far too seriously. I got bored and couldn't sleep, so entertained myself as a malformed, wheelchair-bound dwarf, pretending to befriend people and then making their horrifying, socially-deficient lives a total misery.

Anyone that seriously plays an RPG deserves all the contempt they undoubtedly get.

I would say everything Kahnvex mentioned but then I wouldnt have a post. So here are some specific ones..

lol.

Good times in that list. Thats like, "gaming through the ages with kahnvex" or something.

I just remembered a few more too... !

I've never pulled an "all-nighter" playing games; the latest I've stayed up was 4AM for a WoW raid. The sad part is that we were raiding Karazhan...

Bad luck with infernals on Prince, 8 tries on him and every time they manage to give us literally no breathing room at all. /sigh.

I have stayed up all night a bunch of time's playing StarCraft. It was the first PC game I have ever played. Also with BF2, BF2142, CSS, COD2, DODS and WoW back when I played it... I don't sleep very well as it is..

Super Mario Kart (one of the purest, best racing games of all time)
Diddy Kong Racing
UT99
UT2K4
HL
Quake III Arena
Starfox 64 - pretended to be ill the next day so that I could carry on ;-)
Gran Turismo
Sonic the Hedgehog (I know...)
Blood Money
Elite
Thunderhawk
Silkworm
Starglider 2

Tons of console games...

Super Mario Kart FTW!!! OMFG MAN, I played that so damn much!
All Zelda's up to Majora's Mask (sucked)
Mario 64
CSS
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3
Final Fantasy (just about all of them)
Diablo II

More recently:

Team Fortress 2

I can go on forever - if I enjoy a game I'll play it all night =P

Back