What games have you pulled all-nighters playing?

I'm going to date myself with these...
---MicroLeage Baseball ( Atari800 & PC ) Entire drafts & seasons in one night.
---Rails West ( C64 )
---Might & Magic II ( C64 )
---Doom ( MP ) Modem

Then came wife and 8 kids...
No time for alnighters anymore just a few hours here and there!

Mike

I think the only game to inspire me to play all night was Elite on the Spectrum/C64 back around 1986.

Since then, I think the only things to come close have been a particularly tense session of Wing Commander 3 (mate as navigator), a particularly tense battle resulting in me limping home in a very crippled ship (no shields/armour, one laser remaining) and seeing off around a dozen enemy fighters (not all at once!, now that was fun).

Deus Ex comes close as well. But these days I generally can't be bothered, plus work and real life (tm) gets in the way a bit.

EQ and PSO(Xbox) mainly. I think my character had nearly 1k hours in PSO, and was level 156...

NFS Underground 2, gran turismo 1/2, GTA3/vice city/san andreas, Goldeneye:rouge agent(online), can't think of any others.

Half Life
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
World of Warcraft
Morrowind
Fallout 2
Planescape
Baldur's Gate 2 (winner by far)

everything from diablo 2 and down i have gone all night. i went 3 days playing starcraft and had hundreds of matches before sleeping for a week :p

im much older now and cant recover from all nighters like before, but lately GH3, Orange Box and Skate have all had a few over nighters.

Quite a few games have caused me to lapse into glazed eye all nighter marathons... but the biggest ones were:

Golden Eye
Unreal Tournament 99
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid

Golden Eye is definitely the biggest culprit... I remember nights where my girlfriend would come over while me and my best friend were playing. I'd say "we'll be done after this match".... 8 hours later, the sun is coming up, our eyes are bleeding, and she is snoring on the couch. :rolleyes:

There was also an entire summer where my brother and I would spend every weekend playing UT99 nonstop, from sun down to sun up. That was actually a great summer.

lately , TF2 on the PC has been keeping me up late every nite ... :(

not necessarily all nite tho ..darn :p

Besides the 7th Guest game and Quake 3 (my god I would play that game until I wasn't sure I was awake), the only other games have been RTS. Warcraft 2, C&C, Dune 2000, Emperor Battle for Dune, SupCom. Time suddenly flies by unnoticed with RTS games. They are the devil.

lan parties for hl dm are what got me most of the time. ahhhh great memories.

HL DM was so much fun.
Planting traps, pulling off tricks with the plasma gun, just hanging out in a server all night.
Man, HL was fun.

Then the 13 year olds showed up.

Game over.....

Street Fighter III, Diablo, WoW, Winning Eleven, DooM, Tales Of Eternia, SOTN, and oh so many...

Used to play some late nights in highschool with:

UT99
SOF2
HL/CS
Call of Duty 1
BF1942

Think thats about it.

CS beta 7 - 1.5

More recently, Civ IV + Warlords.
I love this game but it scares me how time flies when I start it up. Just one... more... turn...

All I remember is WoW when I was PVPing(stayed up all night regulary - I was very competitive) and the first time my guild took down the Twin Emps.

Well there's been all the console games that I've played over at friends house back in middle school.... the only ones I've ever stayed up all night playing alone would be WoW.... multiple times haha.

OMG How did I forget FREESPACE2?

That is the only game in my entire life where I've decided to beat it more than once.

Thanks for the reminder - what a game! I loved playing with the mission editor, creating insane battles - huge capital ships beaming the s*** out of each other with loads of fighters swarming everywhere. Real 'Babylon 5' stuff :D

Quite a few games have caused me to lapse into glazed eye all nighter marathons... but the biggest ones were:

Golden Eye
Unreal Tournament 99
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid

Golden Eye is definitely the biggest culprit... I remember nights where my girlfriend would come over while me and my best friend were playing. I'd say "we'll be done after this match".... 8 hours later, the sun is coming up, our eyes are bleeding, and she is snoring on the couch. :rolleyes:

There was also an entire summer where my brother and I would spend every weekend playing UT99 nonstop, from sun down to sun up. That was actually a great summer.

Ahh, Golden Eye - another classic. My girlfriend at the time was a real saint - not only did she buy me the console in the first place, she sat by me directing me through maps so that I could unlock the cheats (which were all time based, of course). Happy days. :)

PC Games:
WoW
WoW:BC
Counterstrike
Counterstrike Source
RtCW mp demo
RtCW mp retail

Console Games:
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4

There are probably a couple I am missing, but the majority of my all nighters are WoW, CS/CS:S and RtCW.

Mix an addictive personality with a sleeping disorder and you get me. I've basically pulled an all nighter playing every game I've ever enjoyed.

Back when Diablo 2 was first released, over my summer break I stayed awake for 6 days and ended up having a grand mal seizure (and dieing) in the middle of the street when I finally went out with some friends.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this story on here before but, it never gets old :p.

Now I try and make sure I don't stay awake for more than 48 hours.

edit: I'm not korean

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1031646979 said:
Mix an addictive personality with a sleeping disorder and you get me. I've basically pulled an all nighter playing every game I've ever enjoyed.

I have the same problem. When I start playing a game I really enjoy, I rarely will stop until I either have to do something or I beat it...

By the way, when I was playing EQ, I averaged 4.5hours of sleep a day for well over 3months during summer break about 4years ago LOL...

Diablo 1, and thats more or less it. Maybe Ninja Gaiden, but I don't think there were any others. Atleast not an all nighter.

Starcraft
Warcraft2
Diablo2
Half-life (and all the xpacs)
Unreal Tournament
Counter-Strike (still do to this date.........sick game)
Mafia
GTA3

prolly forgot some

2 games I have ever pulled all nighters playing.
duke nukem 3d with aol 3.0 or maybe lower. Using k56 modems and dial up comp to comp. (old school kid)

TFC...i still remember that night too. it was a Sunday I started playing and next thing you know it was day light and time for my High School history regents state exam at 7am. it was great.

almost came close to adding doom3 and company of heros to the all nighters list.

Hm...

Tribes 2. I think I actually pulled sever all-nighters with this one. So addicting :p
AOE1. Loved this game.
WoW. Uh... yeah :(
GalCiv1. Just takes so damn long to "complete" one of the huge maps. Sure, you can save and do it later... but I have a hard time stopping once I'm in the middle of it.
Halo series. These were more deliberate, and always with other people...

Back